Poll: Which legendary system is the best and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    The 3 is actually interesting looking foward to next patches or expansions*. Would BiS legendaries cost more legendary tokens?

*As long tokens are rares, very rares.
    No reason for them to cost more since BiS depends on situations as well as the class though i like your idea of tokens. That would be interesting as you'd have a indicator of how close you are to getting a legendary i.e. 92/100 tokens.

Legion. My only issue with the system is that off specs are kinda aids. I know after the bad luck protection changes you can get leges for off specs easier, but you still have the neutral leges kinda screwing it up.

RNG doesn't bother me. Not getting the 2 bis leges first doesn't bother me. I'll get them all eventually anyways and if anything it gives me motivation to play more.

For me I have to give the edge to Wrath/Cata because I typically like the lore associated with those quests. Getting Light's Hammer for Shadowmourne, dealing with the Blue Dragonflight for Dragonwrath or watching the events of Ravenholdt Manor unfold and doing those stealth quests for Fangs of the Father are far and away above my experiences with the other legendaries.

Their is some "RNG excitement", but it's really just junk food dopamine. There is no lasting attachment or feeling of accomplishment.

What I think they should do for my ideal system is:

• Remove the "grind" portion. You know, collecting the XXX shards before you can do the next part of the quest.
    • Instead add in a challenge portion like the Green Fire Quest in it's place. Nothing TOO challenging but just enough to gate some players. Maybe allow people to outgear it like Green Fire was.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just go back to the Wrath/Cata system, yeah people got poached, but it was far worse in Vanilla/TBC. Every time a guild on our server got a warrior in T2 a thunderfury, our guild poached him to be an OT. Same in TBC, we literally wouldn't accept Warrior/Rogue apps unless they had Glaives (MH in the case of warriors).

I mean even now, guilds were trying to poach people with BiS legendaries for NH progression in the earlier days, now it doesn't matter, but in Jan/Feb it sure did. MoP/WoD was the worst system hands down though IMHO, it gated people really bad trying to get back into the game, where as if you were a rogue in TBC/Cata and didnt have your Glaives/Daggers you could still easily find a good guild if you were putting up #s, maybe not Method/Exodus but a good guild.

Deleted
    wrath/cate system would be best but it still take any system of legendaries in past over legions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    Wouldnt be better if it was an epic item tho (probably like some of Deathwing`s loot, which had cool effects)? If everyone has the same legendary, how is it any different from a green, blue or purple?

But still, your idea would add some linearity for character progression, similar to how artifacts works. WOuld please those who dont like too much RNG
    First I meant per class, that would also mean per spec otherwise it isn't BiS. Secondly Legendaries have a higher stat budget.

I would actually like to see a mix.
    Some legendaries are a drop from everything (how legion is), but can only equip 1. (Could honestly be a different color than orange)
    A quest chain that lasts through most of the expansion for a legendary that you can equip along with the one above. (Preferably similar to this upcome ring, has a talent tied to it)
    Then random raids have a big lore item that is work towards in some farm. Though I feel like this one works best as a weapon, so highly depends on what they decide to do with weapons in the future.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would take Legion, but with necessary tweaks:

- only class (not spec) specific legendaries
    - less items, let's say around 5, tuned so fairly active player (emissary every day, 4-5 dungeons a week, all raids cleared at least on 1 difficulty) get one roughly every 30 days
    - equiped cap remains at 1
    - you can target your first (only first) legendary
    - you can switch your targeted legendary after you get it for specific one (for absurd amount of order resources).

Deleted
    Ofc the ones mop+ because a guy getting carried by 39 other dudes aint legendary...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer legendaries stuck to weapon slots only. The current legendary system is garbage, it is the literal essence of grind fest. Stick them behind long quest chains, make them drop from hard bosses, whatever. But making me grind daily for points to make my stat stick better? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.