Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So is discussing moderator actions actually against the rules?

Discussing moderator based actions
    Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.
    Because I mean you guys never actually infract anyone for it. Seems to only be an excuse to occasionally close down a thread, especially threads in Suggestions & Feedback that are inquiring into moderation policy.

When there are clearly biased mods who froth at the mouth, it's bound to happen.

Depends on the MOD I think. I've had one respond to me in a thread and say its against the rules. I did not get an infraction but I think I would have if I had pushed the issue.

I've seen certain threads locked asap and others left open as well with the mod saying lets see how this goes it pretty civil now. Even though its a thread against the rules.

I think we're suppose to message an admin with a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    When there are clearly biased mods who froth at the mouth, it's bound to happen.
    ^^^^ These are exactly the sort of posts that start springing up everywhere when you do nothing about them. They're common in Gen-OT.

That is an indicator of a problem. We've gone through the proper channels about the mods and nothing is done when we've shown clear proof of bias. You instead keep putting your fingers in your ears about this and covering your eyes with your "Gen OT is clearly right wing" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    ^^^^ These are exactly the sort of posts that start springing up everywhere when you do nothing about them. They're common in Gen-OT.
    But that post isn't really discussing mod action.
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That is an indicator of a problem. We've gone through the proper channels about the mods and nothing is done when we've shown clear proof of bias. You instead keep putting your fingers in your ears about this and covering your eyes with your "Gen OT is clearly right wing" bullshit.
    Pretty sure I've never called Gen-OT right wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    But that post isn't really discussing mod action.
    Well, no, but it's still just meaningless whining about the mods. Like anytime Endus infracts someone you can count on people coming out of the woodwork to cry about what victims they are.

You should be more grateful to moderators.

They give their free time to help keep rabble like you in line and docile instead of allowing you to turn this forum into a cesspit.

Pretty sure I've never called Gen-OT right wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, no, but it's still just meaningless whining about the mods. Like anytime Endus infracts someone you can count on people coming out of the woodwork to cry about what victims they are.
    That's true. I personally just disregard those people as crybabies and don't read their posts though. Sometimes I add them to my ignore list.

So you're saying you want posts that criticize moderators as being biased to get infracted?
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

My Intel fidget spinner.

I almost never see people discussing moderator actions except for the one that infracts people for openly leaning to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylord View Post

They give their free time to help keep rabble like you in line and docile instead of allowing you to turn this forum into a cesspit.
    *grabs 5 gallon drum of popcorn*

It's not like people like reading the rules anyway.

Case in point:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...**-PLEASE-READ

Created: 6+ years ago
    Views: 79068

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Director-Comey

Created: just under two weeks ago
    Views: 144244

Quote Originally Posted by theruyen View Post
    I was waiting 4 datadisks to make decent Ele Shaman changes. Didn't happen.
    Avatar by lovely SirMeo <3 And Sy <3

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That's true. I personally just disregard those people as crybabies and don't read their posts though. Sometimes I add them to my ignore list.

So you're saying you want posts that criticize moderators as being biased to get infracted?
    I'm just wondering if it's really against the rules or not. If not, then they should just take it out. If so, then they should start enforcing it. I don't especially care which one they pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I almost never see people discussing moderator actions except for the one that infracts people for openly leaning to the right.
    > Calls someone a libtard cuck
    > Gets infracted
    > WTF MOD BIAS JUST BANNING ME FOR BEING CONSERVATIVE
    Last edited by Nixx; 2017-05-23 at 05:30 PM.

While not in such a hard tone, I have to concur with @Jaylord on this one.
    The "job" (as in, taking responsibility) called being a Moderator means you have to keep things on an equal level, as not to stoop as low as like (some) American news agencies.

> Gets infracted
    This post has to be in the top five most accurate representations that I've seen on this site. That's exactly how it goes.

My Intel fidget spinner.

> Gets infracted
    You are being deliberately facetious. I've seen people express commonly held conservative views being infracted for "trolling".

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    You are being deliberately facetious. I've seen people express commonly held conservative views being infected for "trolling".
    OK, OK, OK, let me fix it.

> Calls someone a libtard cuck while expressing commonly held conservative views
    > Gets infracted

Name change or third account?
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

Ehh, I've seen people get infracted for it. Almost always when discussing mod actions happens they issue a warning before infracting people and that seems to work most of the time. Also, for some reason 99.99% of the times the posts that you're complaining about happen in regards to one Gen-OT mod. Other than Axelhander calling all mods as a whole Nazis or some shit, I can't recall, say, Kasierith's, Pendoluous' or Annoying's infractions creating the same arguments and they are Gen-OT mods for longer. Probably nothing but a mere coincidence though.

Also, while some of my recent encounters with mods made it questionable to me if some of the mods, globals included, are aware of the actual wording of some of the rules, one of your examples is something that's mod related and all, but not about moderator actions, so I'm not sure why you brought that one up or what you're expecting to happen in regards to such posts. Mods not infracting people for not breaking the rule you feel is not enforced enough seems rather inconsequential to whether or not it's not enforced enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation
    These people are god damn retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am winning because at this point you are in the race with yourself and have been from the beginning and you are trying to keep up with me.

How many accounts u got bro