Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,234
    It seems to be at the moderators discretion. For example, many times I bring up when I was infracted for saying "So you are bad at jokes" as an instance of questionable moderation or openly referring to Endus as racist because he values people based upon their race. Oddly, I was infracted for saying Shinra1 is the most racist person I have encountered because he believes only white people can be racist.

    I doubt you will get infracted for this thread even though it is discussing the arbitrary way the rule is enforced.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It seems to be at the moderators discretion. For example, many times I bring up when I was infracted for saying "So you are bad at jokes" as an instance of questionable moderation or openly referring to Endus as racist because he values people based upon their race. Oddly, I was infracted for saying Shinra1 is the most racist person I have encountered because he believes only white people can be racist.

    I doubt you will get infracted for this thread even though it is discussing the arbitrary way the rule is enforced.
    Oh no, I half expect I'll be infracted for this thread.

    Shinra isn't a real person fyibtw.

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,139
    Good 'ole Nixx. Pushing the limits of what's infractable and what's not so we don't have to. You are the hero this forum needs, not the one it deserves.

    Trump this, Trump that

  4. #24
    Old God Mehrunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States of the Night
    Posts
    10,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Oh no, I half expect I'll be infracted for this thread.

    Shinra isn't a real person fyibtw.
    So you're admitting to creating Shinra-bot? Because who else but its creator would be so sure in such statements? Also, have you tried contacting administrators about the issue you have in this thread? Because as per the rules it's the proper venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation
    These people are god damn retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am winning because at this point you are in the race with yourself and have been from the beginning and you are trying to keep up with me.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    4,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    OK, OK, OK, let me fix it.

    > Calls someone a libtard cuck while expressing commonly held conservative views
    > Gets infracted
    > WTF MOD BIAS JUST BANNING ME FOR BEING CONSERVATIVE
    Are you going to extend that to derogatory terms towards right-leaning people and blatant accusations of "bigotry""Nazism"\etc?

  6. #26
    I'm sure there's a conspiracy theory regarding it, but since we're not allowed to discuss those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Are you going to extend that to derogatory terms towards right-leaning people and blatant accusations of "bigotry""Nazism"\etc?
    Its a double standard. The forum has a very left wing bias, and a large majority of it comes from people who are not even citizens of the United States who need to chime in on every US political issue. Its like they think Donald Trump is their president and they are equally mad / upset with him as if they were left wing citizens of the US.

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,939
    Yes some mods are completely biased and if you have been here long enough you know who they are, I have only ever had 1 infraction from a post that I made and that was a complete bullshit infraction, I linked facts from the FBI with my post and I got infracted for it, because it did not show some people in a good light, and you can guess who it was. I did not write anything in my post that insulted anyone.
    I'm the hand of God
    I'm the dark messiah
    I'm the vengeful one

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    49,982
    Discussing moderator actions isn't allowed in threads because, one, as this thread shows, it just turns into a big "let's shit on the mods!" thing, and two, when done in threads, derails the threads from their original topic.

    If you have a question, come to the globals, and we'll do our best to answer it. Please note that we operate from the set of rules for the forum, and we may not agree or see things the way that you do. Everything we do is accountable to both the administrators and the entire team, so things do not happen instantly, and we see a lot more detail about activity than you do. You're always welcome to ask us for clarification or to appeal an infraction.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    Tziva ■ Darsithis ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •