Unhappy New hardware setup, no operating system found

I assembled a complete new setup containing the following:
    -i5-7600k
    -2x 8GB Corsair DDR4-3000 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15, Vengeance LPX,
    -Asus Prime Z270-A MB
    -Corsair RM650X PWS
    -Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    -2TB WD Black HDD

From my old setup i removed my 2 SSD's and 1 750GB HDD which i also installed in the new assembly.

When i boot, it goes into BIOS. I can see all SSD's/HDD, fan speeds, etc. Mouse end keyboard are working.
    I ordered the boot sequence so my old SSD samsung 850 EVO, which contains windows 10 boots first.
    After a save and exit in bios, im getting the fault that there is no operating system boot device detected.
    I disconnected all SSD's and HDD, except for the 850 EVO (win 10), but no difference.
    Choosing the default bios settings also didnt fix the problem.
    I updated the bios from 0505 to 0906 but it didnt solve the problem.
    I also tried to boot with a win 10 bootable usb and went for the fix windows option. I got the message the operating system could not be fixed.

Im pulling out my hair on this, sigh.
    Any advice and or tips are more then welcome.

Sincerely,
    Phunk

IIRC, Windows 10 installations are tied to the hardware that you installed with. You can't just take the hard drive out and stick it in a new computer.

You'll have to do a fresh install of Windows on one of those drives. If you've still got the old hardware, you SHOULD be able to hook up the windows drive and boot to it, if you want to save files.

Actually i have transfered a W10 HDD and it worked fine on the new PC, obviously formatted after but it booted without problem, was fully updated etc.

Usually this happens only if the Windows recognize the hardware.

I doubt they have added support for Z270 hence, it probably cant do it.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Actually i have transfered a W10 HDD and it worked fine on the new PC, obviously formatted after but it booted without problem, was fully updated etc
    Eh, it's just what I was told. But this was over a year ago, maybe they changed it since then. When I tried to take a Win10 SSD and plug it into a freshly built computer, it just bluescreened on boot over and over, no matter what I did.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Eh, it's just what I was told. But this was over a year ago, maybe they changed it since then. When I tried to take a Win10 SSD and plug it into a freshly built computer, it just bluescreened on boot over and over, no matter what I did.
    It can boot but there's no way you'd want to keep it that way since I am sure there would be hell to pay in regards to stability and performance. I recently migrated from Z170 to AM4, forgot to put in my bootable USB and it went right to my desktop without issue.

As for the OP, just reformat the drive with your bootable USB when presented drive selection/options and reinstall Windows on it like usual. If you have an OEM key, well, try to find the key and you'll be able to reactivate Windows with Microsoft's automated phone system.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-05-23 at 08:50 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling windows?
    No, haven't tried a new install of win 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    As for the OP, just reformat the drive with your bootable USB when presented drive selection/options and reinstall Windows on it like usual. If you have an OEM key, well, try to find the key and you'll be able to reactivate Windows with Microsoft's automated phone system.
    This will probably be the best thing to do.

I reinstalled met SSD's and old HDD back into the old system but forgot to connect the HDD. I booted the system and i got the same "no operating system"found error. After i connected the HDD the booting was ok again. It's possible that the boot file is on the HDD while my OS in on the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkhead View Post
    No, haven't tried a new install of win 10.

- - - Updated - - -

This will probably be the best thing to do.

I reinstalled met SSD's and old HDD back into the old system but forgot to connect the HDD. I booted the system and i got the same "no operating system"found error. After i connected the HDD the booting was ok again. It's possible that the boot file is on the HDD while my OS in on the SSD.
    It is, thats why it booted after you connected it.

When you are gonna install new windows, remove all drives apart from the one you want to install Windows in to avoid it next time.