Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What is your favourite map/area in GW2?

Hello champions! Good to see ya!

Tyria is a big place, we all know that. There are many, many maps, and some of them are quite beautiful! So I've been thinking:

What is your favourite map?

Mine's Divinity's Reach. Even if my favourite race is Asura, I can't express how much I love this map. The city is absolute incredible, I love the small and large details, and even the music is great.

And for you? Which map is your favourite?

Same, very likely Divinity's Reach. I still remember the first time I loaded up the game in alpha I spent probably about 3+ hours exploring the whole city, and that's something that I've never done for a major city in any MMO I've ever played. I may poke around a bit, but I've never spent anywhere near that long exploring.

And now I've forgotten most of it and would likely get easily lost, but hot damn was it an incredible first experience.

Deleted
    queensdale probably

baby's first steps

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Lions Arch was impressive as fuck. Too bad it's gone.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Divinity's reach seems to be the only one i recall right now...
    the 1st human zone wasn't bad either.

Everything else just seemed less enjoyable... and for the most part forgetable.

Deleted
    I enjoyed leveling in Fields of Ruin.

Auric Basin, the Silverwastes, and Orr in general

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Old Lions Arch was impressive as fuck. Too bad it's gone.
    Pretty much this. Current Lion's Arch isn't too bad, but there was something amusing about how part of the original LA had you walking across a "bridge" that was formed by 2 old ships that had been capsized and slammed/tied together. Some sort of pirate Mos Eisley vibe to the city. Not so much now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are fractals a valid answer?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The zone where the massive dragon flies above your head. I stood there in awe when i first saw that.

Dunno if thats still a thing ingame. Haven't played the game since 2 years.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

I played a Norn, so those fields of ice defined GW2 for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I played a Norn, so those fields of ice defined GW2 for me.

Frostgorge Sound is amazing. However I still prefer the greeny side of Norn areas - Timberline Falls or Wayfarer Foothills right when you exit from Hoelbrak.

The areas surrounding the Norn city and old Ascalon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lornar's Pass is one of my favorites, it's an unusual zone to visit and it's kind of serene in a way. It also has a very soothing soundtrack:

Another favorite is Tangled Depths. It gets a lot of hate because of a "confusing" layout but once you learn how to navigate it, it offers the most varied design of any zone in GW2 and I think it's just beautifully made with a very decent meta-map event. The area around the abandoned Asura city also has the best soundtrack in the game imo:

The expansion's soundtrack is fantastic IMO. I like it better than the vanilla game's soundtrack.