Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Complete LFR = Completed all the Raid content in an Expansion?

Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?
    No, because LFR has less mechanics than the higher difficulties.

Yes because a harder setting doesn't mean more content.

You killed the boss and saw the ending, Raid done.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Thisn here. This has been me for the most part the past few expansions. I've dabbled in higher level raiding on random nights, but otherwise... last boss died, it's done (for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

What's the difference?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Thisn here. This has been me for the most part the past few expansions. I've dabbled in higher level raiding on random nights, but otherwise... last boss died, it's done (for me).
    So are you saying the content you like to participate in is exhausted after a 1 hour clear of each wing of LFR? So you get maybe 4 hours of raid content each tier?

Someone who only does LFR doesn't enjoy raiding, they enjoy the story, and if they're in it for the story, that's fine but there's games out there who do story WAY better than wow.

Personally I'm in it for the friends I make, my guild, oh and of course, purples :P

jaylock again with his clickbait

LFR/Normal are the same thing content wise,
    Heroic you start to have to deal with mechanics and see new mechanics, so it's different to that content wise.
    And mythic is another new step of content, sometimes with entire new phases and bosses to defeat (Like Gul'dan/Illidan and Mar'gok/Cho'gall etc)

It's for the player to decide.

Mythic often has new phases and sometimes new bosses/added story to the last boss. Last boss on mythic, is a different world to the last boss in LFR. Content is far from the same.

So are you saying the content you like to participate in is exhausted after a 1 hour clear of each wing of LFR? So you get maybe 4 hours of raid content each tier?
    I PVP a lot and I pet battle/collect. Raiding is not so much my end game. I'm happy wow offers so much end game content that I can log in and be generally entertained for an hour or 2 whenever i want and I'm not limited to being forced to have those 2 hours on X night from Y-Z hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted

and @ItachiZaku

Wouldn't the Warcraft Movie be a better hobby for you? Then you could see the ending without even lifting you butt off the couch.

Or take this opinion to the extreme: Tune current raids like legacy ones: Oneshot bosses with moonfire. See the video at the end. Content done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I PVP a lot and I pet battle/collect. Raiding is not so much my end game. I'm happy wow offers so much end game content that I can log in and be generally entertained for an hour or 2 whenever i want and I'm not limited to being forced to have those 2 hours on X night from Y-Z hours.
    Nice! I agree that Legion has so much content other than just raiding and dungeons to participate in that the game can keep people entertained on a regular basis.

The whole whine about AP and AK and Legendaries and Titanforge is unfounded imho.

Nope, I wouldn't consider it as someone "having done the raid content of the expansion".

But then again, someone with zero motivation to pursue challenging content, might feel differently and feel at peace with seeing just LFR.

7+ Year Old Account

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?
    LFR won't be the same experience mechanics and gameplay wise, but story wise It will be... and nobody cares about doing Mythic just to see the "Story twist" at the end there, you can youtube that.

So I'd say yes, you've completed raiding If you don't care about mechanics and gameplay getting harder on the same boss you've already done but over 3 more difficulties, and story wise you can just youtube whatever ending twist they put there.

However, when It comes to LEGION raids, you're pretty much done with LFR, with other expansions you could argue no you're not done, cause you want better gear right? Well not In Legion, If you're a filthy casual you can just spam Mythic + up to 15 and get the same kind of gear a Mythic raider gets but for less effort and arguably less time. Gear Is so easy to get It's laughable now, and yes I'm one of the people saying If you want the best gear go raid. I've never cared about having the bestest topest biggest freakin gear In an expansion, I got the best I could and just had fun still, besides I probably did more PvPing and PvPing had It's own separate gear tier from raiding... now It doesn't, and randomly dropped PvE gear Is better than anything PvP will give you. There Is PvP gear, but It's nothing good in terms of ilevel or consistency In how you aquire It.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    LFR with the exact same bosses as Normal, Heroic and Mythic? Yes, you're done.
    LFR without any extra bosses there might be in Mythic? No, you're not done.

Once you complete a raid on any difficulty, you've completed that raid entirely, unless there is an "exclusive" boss on a higher difficulty. Sinestra in Bastion of Twilight is a good example of that, only available on Heroic, not Normal. Additional "hardmode" phases, like Ragnaros stepping out of the pit, is still Ragnaros. Complete Normal Firelands and you've done all bosses, you've done the entire raid.

Deleted
    Only if there are no mythic / normal only bosses or encounters.

Content is not difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nope, I wouldn't consider it as someone "having done the raid content of the expansion".

But then again, someone with zero motivation to pursue challenging content, might feel differently and feel at peace with seeing just LFR.
    I agree, but to your point, these people have 0 (ZERO) room to complain about a "lack of content" then.

LFR doesn't always show how the boss was designed to be due to being neutered to fit its difficulty, which results that those bosses play out a lot different than they were intended to (more often then not they just become tank & spank fights in LFR). The content you see is mostly the same when talking about the raid and such, but you miss out the challenge which IMO is content aswell.