Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Mage legendarys 7.2.5

Contained Infernal Core (New) Casting 10 Fireballs or Pyroblasts calls down a Meteor at your target.

Arcane Barrage Procs Arcane Orb (New) Arcane Barrage has a 15% chance per Arcane Charge consumed to launch an Arcane Orb in front of you.

Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa (New) Casting 8 Frostbolts or Flurries calls down a Comet Storm at your target.

These seem really bland and would have to put out some serious damage to be even looked at.

Deleted
    Arcane one is sick. 60% chance to cast spell that deals nice dmg, triggers AM, and gives u 2 arcane charges. New bis for AoE / Mythic+.

Well the damage I'm sure is the exact same as the relative talent does. I only play frost and I would not be excited for Comet Storm damage. It only works well in trash where you can shatter it with a pet nova. Otherwise the damage / aoe splash is garbage.

I'd much rather play with sephuz / bracers for 5 mans.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-05-24 at 06:19 PM.

Couldn't be more garbage if they tried...no chance this gets any use for frost or fire lol. Arcane one maybe for certain niche situations.

The fire one doesn't look so bad tbh, but needs testing.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Couldn't be more garbage if they tried...no chance this gets any use for frost or fire lol. Arcane one maybe for certain niche situations.
    Depends on if you think M+ is 'niche'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Would you use the new legendary over the helm/trinket/shard? How often in M+ are you gonna be casting fb/pyro to utilize it? Since Im sure your talking about aoe and you would use more FS than pyros
    He was talking about Arcane legendary not fire or frost

frost and fire are pure garbage, arcane is alright I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    frost and fire are pure garbage, arcane is alright I guess
    I wouldn't be so sure about the fire one.

I checked tonight and on a regular fight in NH mythic i get about 120 casts of fireball and pyro combined and a total of 4 meteors. Meteor is about 3% of my damage on those fights. So i'd get 16 meteors instead of only 4 which makes this legendary look pretty juicy.

That's also not accounting for all the scorch casts below 30% if you are using the belt which means even more fireballs and in turn more meteors if you used these shoulders instead of the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about the fire one.

I checked tonight and on a regular fight in NH mythic i get about 120 casts of fireball and pyro combined and a total of 4 meteors. Meteor is about 3% of my damage on those fights. So i'd get 16 meteors instead of only 4 which makes this legendary look pretty juicy.

That's also not accounting for all the scorch casts below 30% if you are using the belt which means even more fireballs and in turn more meteors if you used these shoulders instead of the belt.
    just that those 4 meteors you use are usually placed on a pack of adds, or during a cd, or when you're certain the boss doesn't move for the duration of the meteor...which the shoulders wouldn't guarantee...

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    just that those 4 meteors you use are usually placed on a pack of adds, or during a cd, or when you're certain the boss doesn't move for the duration of the meteor...which the shoulders wouldn't guarantee...
    Eh, he might have a point. If 4 well-timed Meteors are 3% of his damage, we could probably assume that poorly timed meteors would be.. what, 1.5%? So each individual meteor would be worth about 0.375% of his overall DPS.

So throw sixteen bonus meteors in there and that's 6%, which isn't the worst. Probably won't replace the best legendaries, but on AOE heavy fights that value would go up significantly, I bet.

This is all the purest of napkin math, of course, but it doesn't sound terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Eh, he might have a point. If 4 well-timed Meteors are 3% of his damage, we could probably assume that poorly timed meteors would be.. what, 1.5%? So each individual meteor would be worth about 0.375% of his overall DPS.

So throw sixteen bonus meteors in there and that's 6%, which isn't the worst. Probably won't replace the best legendaries, but on AOE heavy fights that value would go up significantly, I bet.

This is all the purest of napkin math, of course, but it doesn't sound terrible.
    Then again equiping this means you won't have belt/bracer/ring on, which again makes this mid tier at best for Fire.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If we weren't using 2p+4p, the Frost one would be one of the two you use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    If we weren't using 2p+4p, the Frost one would be one of the two you use.
    idd, it should be around 5-6% of our dmg on single target which is around equal to bracers afaik but not using 3 setbonuses is too big of a dps loss so we prolly wont use it since all the setbonuses that we can get for frost synergize very well with each other atleast for a TV build, they could be extremely good for a GS build where you'd want to spam frostbolts over icelance anyway, altho loosing 8% proc chance might be too much to loose as it directly relates to your t20 2pc uptime.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-05-25 at 04:50 AM.

I dont think its "Meteor" its a meteor, do we even know if it does the same damage, might be a 800k meteor that hits like the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    I dont think its "Meteor" its a meteor, do we even know if it does the same damage, might be a 800k meteor that hits like the trinket
    There are a dozen legendaries this patch which activate talents. It's the talent Meteor.

Eh. Timing the things against Add Waves or boss mechanics isn't going to be possible, but cooldowns aren't that much of an issue. It's predictable damage (complete with a buff icon telling you how close you are to proccing the spell) that happens frequently enough that unless you get badly timed Marquee procs, you're probably not going to have too much trouble getting that Legendary Meteor to land in a Rune of Power/Combustion window.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mm, it seems to about a 3% loss ST on Frost. There might be a way to make it work with some decent TF'd gloves/cloak in place of T19.

Would the frost one be decent for GS spec? (We're not talking about #1 parses or Mythic world first progression here)

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    There are a dozen legendaries this patch which activate talents. It's the talent Meteor.
    Except those are rings. It is not the talent Meteor since only Fire has the talent called that.