Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My advice? Don't plan an ultra high-end PC for the next ~7 years, plan a "normal" high-end for the next ~3 years and then upgrade for the following ~3 years. You'll ultimately get a better experience (7 years is a long time in computer terms, you can't be sure that anything you buy now is gonna last that long) and it'll be cheaper (after 3 years you can still sell old components when you're buying new and get some money for them, 7 year old computer parts on the other hand aren't gonna be worth shit).

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    My advice? Don't plan an ultra high-end PC for the next ~7 years, plan a "normal" high-end for the next ~3 years and then upgrade for the following ~3 years. You'll ultimately get a better experience (7 years is a long time in computer terms, you can't be sure that anything you buy now is gonna last that long) and it'll be cheaper (after 3 years you can still sell old components when you're buying new and get some money for them, 7 year old computer parts on the other hand aren't gonna be worth shit).
    I usually do so, but we here in Russia are getting new import limits from foreign online shops next year, and buying anything here is stupidly more expensive (30-40%+ more even when counting delivery), so i decided to go all in. I'd really want to work and play on 4K, i don't see anything here as overkill (i chose be quiet things because i like their silence and quality, that's out of question), and choosing cheaper CPU or GPU is not a good idea too. Expensive RAM probably is only thing that is not *much* noticable, but whatever.