Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch has lost 99% of it's playerbase

The game has sold at least 30M copies and has about 300K concurrent players.

And I also believe that the real reason for cancelling Titan was so that it wouldn't be in direct competition with Destiny 1, 2 and 3.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

So you assume that any player who isn't online 100% of the time to be "lost"? By that logic I'm not an OW player because I'm spending time typing this message

Deleted
    You are joking right?!

No game ever has comparable concurrent users to total sold copies.

300k concurrent players does not mean it lost 99% of it's playerbase. it means there is about 300k on at any one time. there could be 30 million players but only 1% of them are online at any given time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post

And I also believe that the real reason for cancelling Titan was so that it wouldn't be in direct competition with Destiny 1, 2 and 3.
    Why do you keep posting this made up crap with no source? Attention?

Even if it was at 300k concurrent (and I'm pretty sure you just randomly made that number up for attention), that puts it what.. top 3? top 5? of all current games?

And your Titan theory is just as stupid as this entire sensationalist topic.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-24 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just laughable. I seriously laughed when I read the OP.

OW is doing just fine, and you cant really "lose" players in a B2P game.

I'm aware of the copies sold number, but where is the 300k concurrent players coming from? Not that I doubt the number though. Still, 300k seems pretty strong. considering DoTA 2 and CS:GO tend to average about 600-700k concurrent users. League of Legends is likely a little higher than that

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Destiny 3 hasn't been announced lmao

Deleted

They count you as active player if you log in every quartal. It can even be for one second, doesnt matter if you miss click the game and instantly close it. It counts you as active player for that quartal.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    I'm aware of the copies sold number, but where is the 300k concurrent players coming from? Not that I doubt the number though. Still, 300k seems pretty strong. considering DoTA 2 and CS:GO tend to average about 600-700k concurrent users. League of Legends is likely a little higher than that
    CS:GO only averages like high 300ks to 400k usually.

League's number is pretty absurb, but it's a f2p game so yeah. Pretty sure it hits the multiple millions with ease.

Also I'm curious where the 300k number is coming from anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverbG View Post
    Destiny 3 hasn't been announced lmao
    The hype machine is currently in full motion on Destiny 2 but Destiny 3 is planned and budgeted for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They count you as active player if you log in every quartal. It can even be for one second, doesnt matter if you miss click the game and instantly close it. It counts you as active player for that quartal.
    So the real player number might be even less? 200K? 150K? 100K?

15+ Year Old Account

So the real player number might be even less? 200K? 150K? 100K?
    Thanks for verifying that you just made up the numbers for attention.

You also apparently have no idea what the difference between concurrent players and active players are and the fact that a game that can get 300k concurrent players is doing ridiculously good by today's standards.

Source please if you are not shitposting

Last quarterly report showed users at an all time high for OW, not numbers but as an overall, blizz doesn't give numbers beyond sales anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Thanks for verifying that you just made up the numbers for attention.

You also apparently have no idea what the difference between concurrent players and active players are and the fact that a game that can get 300k concurrent players is doing ridiculously good by today's standards.
    Not really when the game has sold 30M copies or more.

The hype machine is currently in full motion on Destiny 2 but Destiny 3 is planned and budgeted for.
    HAHAHAHAH wow, dude there's like a hundred ways you could have told us you don't know anything about video game production, but that was just stellar. Thank you for making my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    HAHAHAHAH wow, dude there's like a hundred ways you could have told us you don't know anything about video game production, but that was just stellar. Thank you for making my day.
    Bungie Already Has Plans For Destiny 3 http://www.ubergizmo.com/2017/05/bun...for-destiny-3/

I can't tell if you are joking or if you don't understand how things work. I play Overwatch at least twice a week so I'm not on with the 300k or it would be 300,001. I am an active player so it's not a loss in players.

I don't even know where you get your facts, is this one of the consoles? PC? Link for source? Even if you had a reliable one, concurrent doesn't mean active players.

10+ Year Old Account
    GameBoy sold approx 118.69 million consoles, how many are still playing on those? Not a lot, so GameBoy has failed! /s

It's still a crowded game, show us some real statistics or information which points to a 99% lost playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for clarifying that you have no idea what you are talking about and are just shitposting.