Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Legendary chance from Nethershards

Is the chance for getting a legendary different for the expensive nethershard items and the cheap nethershard items?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Is the chance for getting a legendary different for the expensive nethershard items and the cheap nethershard items?
    It's only the 5k items fairly sure.

I've never seen someone get a legendary from the cheap ones but have seen several guildmates get them from the 5k ones.

You can't get legendaries from the 400 ones, only the 5k ones. No clue about chances, but with the 1st legendary bonus chance i had for havoc i got a KBW from the relinquished tokens after like 5 or 6 of them.

I've never heard of anybody getting a legendary from the cheap tokens. Many people get them from the 5k ones though.

I've got an entire video dedicated to the topic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_EO8qjNVc

People there and elsewhere CLAIM you can get them from Dauntless and that they have, but 0 proof has come out.
    That was the purpose of the video - attempting to get some one to link a video of them getting a dauntless piece to turn into legendary.

100 percent confirmed you can get them from relinquished though.

Check the comments and see if you believe what those dudes are saying.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

On wowhead there's mention you can get a leg with dauntless.

My personal though, everything can give you a legendary, exemple: some people got a legendary from the Blingtron 6000 package

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    On wowhead there's mention you can get a leg with dauntless.

My personal though, everything can give you a legendary, exemple: some people got a legendary from the Blingtron 6000 package
    i got one from blingtron

I got my legendaries from:
    - daily emissary quest chest reward
    - weekly world boss drop
    - 100 legion resources donation chest recompense

Friend of mine got his legendary from a regular mob drop.

5k tokens (relinquished) have a chance of turning into legendary. 400 tokens (dauntless) don't give legendaries. Blizzard said back then it will be possible to "aim for" certain legendary slot. And they implemented relinquished token, set price at 5k and put source behind time gate. From my exp you do regular content (dailies, WBs, WQs, donations, raids) while slowly stockpile nethershards so you can buy another token and have faith it'll turn orange.

And one more thing, at first relinquished tokens (the 5k ones) had in their tooltip statement that it may provide legendary. It was soon removed. But since only 5k tokens had that statement originally, it's fair to assume that dauntless tokens (the 400 ns ones) does not give legendaries.

Deleted
    You can only get legendaries for the expansive epic ones, and the chance of getting them is lower than other sources. Only use them when you're sure that you'll get a legendary soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the 5k ones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've never heard of anybody getting a legendary from the cheap tokens. Many people get them from the 5k ones though.
    I still have yet to hear of someone getting them from the 5k one. I had to watch YouTube vids to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You can only get legendaries for the expansive epic ones, and the chance of getting them is lower than other sources. Only use them when you're sure that you'll get a legendary soon.
    there's no way of knowing the chance is lower. the first week of broken shore, I got a legendary in a day, bought a relinquished the next day and it also became a legendary.
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

If you take a look on this topic : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3756489?page=2

You can see people confirming, dauntlesss CAN give you a leg
    I know they don't provide a screen shot or a video, but there's more than one players saying they got a leg from dauntless

Very small chance, but possible. ( Lottery)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take a look on this topic : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3756489?page=2

I know they don't provide a screen shot or a video, but there's more than one players saying they got a leg from dauntless

And that's how misinformation starts. That's precisely why people ask for proof.

It's the same situation where people were claiming to get Legendaries from fishing, in which Blizzard made a public statement saying that you couldn't, after someone decided to fake a screenshot.

People often spew misinformation either due to mistakes, trying to save face for themselves / a friend, or to "troll" others.

I got a Legiondary from a Dauntless so..
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

People saying they have got one =/= proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I got a Legiondary from a Dauntless so..
    And I have a flying elephant, that's not proof I have one, neither is your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    People saying they have got one =/= proof.

And I have a flying elephant, that's not proof I have one, neither is your statement.
    My point exactly.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Well it is rather simple. The dauntless tokens are meant as a catchup for alts to get some 850 gear, just like for example timeless isle back then.
    They can NOT give you a legendary.

The relinquished tokens on the other hand give you a random item for the chosen slot. Random also includes legendaries.

What is not known though, is whether or not bad luck protection has any influence on this chance.

I got the legendary Afflicition belt off of a Dauntless Belt. But the dauntless belt came out of a one of those cache boxes that are all over the broken shores.