Poll: Have you ever been in a life and death fight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes I have. Many many times in fact.

Technically they were all in the games I was playing at the times, but still, minor detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That, and people that just want a sympathy train going for them.
    Thats so not true!

Anyway my story is one day i had to fight a lion and shark at the same time with my bare fists plus i had leprosy at the time that kinda hindered my abilities but i came through and now that shark and lion is proudly displayed in my living room!

No, but I really really didn't want to lose any fight I've been in. It's humbling to lose a fist fight.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I once ate a mouthful of Warheads as a kid and lived.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

No because i'm not stupid enough to start a fight, especially with deadly weapons and most people in the UK probably aren't going to literally murder you with their fists, just beat you up and walk off.

That said, i haven't been in a fight since I was a teenager in school. I have no idea how grown-ass adults find themselves fighting another adult. Boredom, I guess.

Sure ive been to the realm of chaos a few times kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I actually have. I was parked at a Mcdonalds after getting food thru the drive thru. It was summer and had my windows down. Next thing I know this guy punches me in the face and tries to open my door. He opens it and we wrestled around for probably 30 seconds but felt like 15 minutes. He bit me on my neck and shoulder twice each. A guy in the drivethru comes running up, throws a cheeseburger (no joke) at him, and starts helping me fight him. The guy runs off into the woods. The McDonalds workers call the cops and they find the guy about 15 minutes later hiding. Had to go get tested after that because he drew blood on me. Turns out I actually knew the guys younger sister (went to high school with her). He was a dopehead looking to make a quick buck since my car was brand new, and NJ was notorious for having cars stolen then. Still kind of is.

This was more then 10 years ago. The guy that helped me ended up being one of my best friends that I still hang out with all the time. When he got married and I gave a speech, I talked about how I met him since many in his family/brides family had no clue thats how we met. Everyone laughed when I brought up the cheeseburger.
    Damn dude, that is one crazy story. Glad you got through alright and it ended up in your favor.

On a road trip in the rain some car going 80 miles on hour in the opposite direction suddenly swerved into our side of the road and crashed into car before us. The passenger flew out the window and my mom was 4 feet away from hitting that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    With another human?
    Thankfully no.

Only Life an death "fight" I had was with my health.
    Undetected chronic appendicitis (had inexplicable waves of stomach aches for years) turned to a full blown peritonitis.
    Docs opened me up because my blood levels were scary high.
    In hindsight they told me that I was a maximum of 24 hours away from death.

I had a life and death fight with my sweater once. Try and find the hole quickly or get suffocated by it.

Deleted
    Yes, in many games I've played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Have you ever been in a life and death fight?
    Most fights don't really work like that. There's an unstated limit on the extent of the violence involved. No one really wants the hassle of actually killing somebody.

You have to be genuinely psychotic not to respect that.

I did get one guy trying to bite my throat once-I'm guessing he genuinely did want to kill me unless it was some kind of weird sex thing.

no, and i hope i'll never be. thinking about getting a gun license tho

I've witnessed a fight between life and death when my son was born prematurely. Not sure that accords for myself but I was obviously involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in EU where Donald tusk wrongly calls himself president..

EVER DAY is a life or death battle, when you face people like that..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/