Camera speed spazzing out sometimes?

Not sure what triggers it, but quite frequently, the speed at which the camera turns/pans (when holding left or right mouse and moving the mouse) will increase to a ludicrous speed, causing the slightest movement of the mouse to make the camera move a whole ton. The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting the client.

Anyone know what's causing this? It's been happening since Legion release, as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Not sure what triggers it, but quite frequently, the speed at which the camera turns/pans (when holding left or right mouse and moving the mouse) will increase to a ludicrous speed, causing the slightest movement of the mouse to make the camera move a whole ton. The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting the client.

Anyone know what's causing this? It's been happening since Legion release, as far as I remember.
    Out of interest do you have a logitech G600? I've started getting this issue recently

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had similar problems, usually I'll be running and then suddenly my camera will go crazy and I'll be looking straight up into the air.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

but quite frequently, the speed at which the camera turns/pans (when holding left or right mouse and moving the mouse) will increase to a ludicrous speed, causing the slightest movement of the mouse to make the camera move a whole ton.

Can you try if toggling the Windowed/Fullscreen video option temporarily fixes it?

I have a razer naga, it's happened to me a lot lately. Usually makes me restart the whole game to fix it.

My camera has always been a spaz.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Out of interest do you have a logitech G600? I've started getting this issue recently
    Nope, 2012 Razer Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Can you try if toggling the Windowed/Fullscreen video option temporarily fixes it?
    I'll try that next time it happens.

Try enabling "disable high dpi scaling" under the compatibility tab in Wow-64.exe. I used to have the exact same issue and that's what fixed it for me.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2017-05-26 at 02:40 AM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Try enabling "disable high dpi scaling" under the comparability tab in Wow-64.exe. I used to have the exact same issue and that's what fixed it for me.
    "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

That one?

"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

That one?
    Yeah that's the one. I guess the translation slightly differs since mine's in another language.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

I had the same issue since a few years ago and eventually figured out that it was due to the ingame FPS cap setting.

Setting any FPS cap caused the camera to behave extremely inconsistently at certain framerates so i just had to disable that entirely
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-05-26 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Nope, toggling Windowed/Fullscreen does not fix it.

Usually happens when Razer has a Synapse update. Swear they do it to annoy you into updating. Try it and see. Try also cleaning the surface your mouse is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Usually happens when Razer has a Synapse update. Swear they do it to annoy you into updating.
    No matter how many times I update Synapse, it constantly pops up notifications telling me that there is a new update.

And it only does this in WoW, no other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Try also cleaning the surface your mouse is on.
    ...why would a dirty mousepad cause the camera to spaz out all of a sudden, and then be suddenly fixed again after restarting the WoW client?

It's not even dirty at all, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Yeah that's the one. I guess the translation slightly differs since mine's in another language.
    sorry to bump this, have the same issue but i dont have that option, i only have "Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by" (then it follows with options: application, system, system enhanced)

Ran in to this issue again, found the solution that worked for me on reddit.

Just type /console rawMouseEnable 1
    CPU: Intel i9-14900k | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z790-F
    GPU: ASUS Strix 4070 TI Super | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR5 32GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p