Poll: How will we defeat Sargeras?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

How will we defeat Sargeras?

All signs point to a showdown with Sargeras to close out this expansion, whether that happens on Argus or in the surrounding nether. Who knows? Perhaps we'll chase him back to Azeroth to keep him from cleaving her in two as a final solution.

That begs the question...
    How do we defeat a god who cleaves planets in two?
    A Titan who defeated all the other Titans combined?

It calls to mind the Deathwing fight. Deathwing was too beyond us to be fought as just another dragon. Instead we went on a whole series of dungeon quests to go back in time and recover the Dragon Soul, empower it so green jesus could blast open a weak spot in Deathwings scales, then we leaped from a flying ship onto his back to further widen the wound while he was doing barrel rolls trying to shake us off, and finally - after another blast from the Dragon Soul - we joined with the diminished Dragon Aspects to stab at his feet and fight the corruption coming out of him as he stood in a maelstrom attempting to summon a Cataclysm that would end the world. Only after disabling his limbs did we bring his head within striking distance and have a chance to end him once and for all.

Many players have criticized the Deathwing encounter as disappointing, but I've never been clear on what they wanted instead (maybe they aren't either). If it had been just another dragon fight with breath and tail swipe, to me that would have been disappointing. Deathwing was not just another dragon. He needed to be larger than life.

That fight is probably closer than anything Blizz has done to the conundrum we will have with Sargeras. How will mere mortals face down a god?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-25 at 02:07 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

There will be some special plot weapon that weakens him.

Deleted
    He wil swim through his ocean of Fel lava, and we first have to defeat his spine. But ofcourse, when players are too far of one side, he will notice them and roll in the lava. Then after defeating his spine he will be all cut up and stuff, and we have to defeat his two arms, and his wings, from 4 platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    He wil swim through his ocean of Fel lava, and we first have to defeat his spine. But ofcourse, when players are too far of one side, he will notice them and roll in the lava. Then after defeating his spine he will be all cut up and stuff, and we have to defeat his two arms, and his wings, from 4 platforms.
    That would be plagiarism, he will roll forward and there will be 5 platforms!!

Deleted
    We will deal with an avatar of sargeras again ( maybe in KJ body or even in an old god body -The irony-). For that special battle blizzard will allow players to equip as many leggos as they wish. Medivh will have some role to play due to his connection with sargeras I take it he will be on our side.

In LFR w/ 15ppl being AFK

And the winner is...
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Khadgar and/or Velen will cast some mighty spell while we distract the Titan.
    Sargeras is going to possess one of these and make them his avatar, which is what we'll fight.

It calls to mind the Deathwing fight. ...only after disabling his limbs did we bring his head within striking distance and have a chance to end him once and for all.
    I sincerely hope they avoid going this route, it was embarrassingly bad to be attacking the Earthwarder's toenails for 10 minutes...

We toss a coin he secretly dropped in Dalaran's fountain to distract him. While he will be picking it up we will stick simultaneously 25 fully researched artifact weapons up his rectum (boosted with 50 BiS legendaries). No being, be it mortal, immortal, undead, god or titan can withstand such concentration of power located in one place. This way we kill two birds with one stone - defeat Sargeras and get rid of artifacts so Blizz can give us shitty green drop from a crab in next expansion's starting zone.

All combined forces of Azeroth including keepers will buff us players to the point where we will grow in size and power, and with the combined effort, he will be defeated and before he explodes, we will get back on our ship and run away.

I don't think we will fight the toe of Sargeras. After Deathwing they should've learned their lesson. At least I hope they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    <3 /charsss

He will be asleep. We will sneak into his lair. And beat him with a stick while he sleeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will kill him in Warcraft 4
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Illidan + artifact power sacrifice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    All signs point to a showdown with Sargeras to close out this expansion, whether that happens on Argus or in the surrounding nether. Who knows? Perhaps we'll chase him back to Azeroth to keep him from cleaving her in two as a final solution.

That begs the question, how do we defeat a god who cleaves planets in two? A Titan who defeated all the other Titans combined?

It calls to mind the Deathwing fight. Deathwing was too beyond us to be fought as just another dragon. Instead we went on a whole series of dungeon quests to go back in time and recover the Dragon Soul, empower it so green jesus could blast open a weak spot in Deathwings scales, then we leaped from a flying ship onto his back to further widen the wound while he was doing barrel rolls trying to shake us off, and finally - after another blast from the Dragon Soul - we joined with the diminished Dragon Aspects to stab at his feet and fight the corruption coming out of him as he stood in a maelstrom attempting to summon a Cataclysm that would end the world. Only after disabling his limbs did we bring his head within striking distance and have a chance to end him once and for all.

Many players have criticized the Deathwing encounter as disappointing, but I've never been clear on what they wanted instead (maybe they aren't either). If it had been just another dragon fight with breath and tail swipe, to me that would have been disappointing. Deathwing was not just another dragon. He needed to be larger than life.

That fight is probably closer than anything Blizz has done to the conundrum we will have with Sargeras. How will mere mortals face down a god?
    Completely agree with you on the deathwing fight. I will never understand what people's issue with that fight was. Especially madness, which I found to be an entertaining encounter. I've yet to see someone offer an idea for how the fight could have been designed better all they do is whine about "muh toenails" "muh scratching his back". So annoying.
    Honestly I would have loved a sort of fight where we are descending the maelstrom (like does it have any rocks sticking out so we can jump down from rock to rock? Thinking about how we approach jenova on the last dungeon FFVII) while deathwing is thrashing around madly (think also of gandalf falling down with the balrog while they fight) but I'm not sure if that would work, especially in the WoW engine. I'm happy with what we got.

I'd like to say we don't. But then again... Khadgar will do a Dragonsoul-Thrall-Moment and deus ex machina him into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Sargeras is going to possess one of these and make them his avatar, which is what we'll fight.
    Khadgar plz, so we could kill him like Ysera in Val'Shara. He is everywhere since Draenor.

Sit down and hammer out a peace treaty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonorrhea got him good and he's on life support. We need to enter his body through the anal cavity and ascend through his internals (a la South Park) until we reach vital organs and battle them one by one. Might need to battle his cock in a Krosus type encounter where he shoots slimy fel at us and we need to decapitate it's "head". The brain is the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sargeras for some reason will be possessing the planet Argus (perhaps something happened to his real body because of all the fel). We blow up the planet and that takes care of Sargeras.
    Not a chance. The whole raid, every boss, is Sageras. We just fight different parts of him. First boss is his feet. Then we move on to the legs until eventually we are facing turbo ninja sageras head. Or maybe Argus is a titan that he has corrupted, he doesn't want to hurt it so to kill us without harming the planet he needs to shrink down to a smaller size.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro