(NEW) Pillars of Inmost Ligiht - Prot Pally Legendary

Pillars of Inmost Ligiht - Eye of Tyr deals 300% increased damage and has 25% reduced cooldown.

So, EoT becomes spammable and decent aoe damage, i see this be usefull for M+ clears? but on the other hand it is a tier slot and in raid we already have head occupied..
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Pillars of Inmost Ligiht - Eye of Tyr deals 300% increased damage and has 25% reduced cooldown.

So, EoT becomes spammable and decent aoe damage, i see this be usefull for M+ clears? but on the other hand it is a tier slot and in raid we already have head occupied..
    You get 6 pieces of tier to juggle, it's to compensate for something like this and done to help appease this kind of situation. In Tomb of Sargeras it might prove useful for encounters that have adds as well not that I can say for sure since I'm not doing the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    You get 6 pieces of tier to juggle, it's to compensate for something like this and done to help appease this kind of situation. In Tomb of Sargeras it might prove useful for encounters that have adds as well not that I can say for sure since I'm not doing the PTR.
    Currently it is 5 since helm is bis even @ ToS, 4+2 set is slightly behind on not-so-self-healing-reliant encounters so it might be that we have to go belt / jewelry for that, so it is kinda mess.
    zug zug

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Helm will be BiS even without the constant resets from 4t19? I guess with a Righteous Protector build instead of Seraphim?
    Well, we are going into ToS with 4t19 and helm, so yes - still BiS, idk how it will be @the end of ToS but RP+Helm is still strong ohshit combo even without 4t19
    zug zug

Currently it is 5 since helm is bis even @ ToS, 4+2 set is slightly behind on not-so-self-healing-reliant encounters so it might be that we have to go belt / jewelry for that, so it is kinda mess.
    Yeah I was speaking generally because at the moment it is BiS however they might change it being on PTR atm is subject to it so I wouldn't be holding my breath, it's how the cookie crumbles really. I think they design the encounters first then fit around them which is when you get this almost needy items despite the fact they're not meant to in the first place.

It is just that the helm has a very strong interaction with the 4t19
    In the same vein the lego chest has a strong interaction with the T20 2p which would give a lot more avenger's shield resets on ST fights, meaning you could run the chest and the new shoulders for an active mitigation build rather than the helm for a self heal type.

Self healing is much stronger for situations where healing is low but in raids it's probably better to have more mitigation so as to avoid getting spiked, which is pally's weakness. Running mitigation legos and trinks would make us much more survivable. Not to mention as gear scales we will have more access to high haste builds which would give us more access to Hand of the Protector anyways.

Assuming all pally tanks swap from T19 to T20 the lego chest and shoulders seem super strong, you could also run the lego legs/chest for AoE fights.

Add the Kil'jaeden trinket to the mix too
    the active from KJ trink is garbage, doesnt gain damage from seraphin or wings. Waste of a legendary slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    In the same vein the lego chest has a strong interaction with the T20 2p which would give a lot more avenger's shield resets on ST fights, meaning you could run the chest and the new shoulders for an active mitigation build rather than the helm for a self heal type.
    fights.
    Why would we take shoulders if we want more AM on ST fights? it is unlikely that most danger will come from melee of a boss.
    If i'll get my hands on 2pc on first reset i'll would probably take Chest and belt for balanced AM and ohshit healing CD.
    zug zug

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=147026/s...ver&bonus=3561

You were suggesting using the legendary chest to reduce the cooldown of Guardian am I not right? The cosmic sliver would also significantly reduce the cooldown of Guardian
    That trinket is utter trash. In all my testing across the tank classes with that trinket equipped it was never more than 1.2 PPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    That trinket is utter trash. In all my testing across the tank classes with that trinket equipped it was never more than 1.2 PPM.
    I don't know what kind of testing you were doing, but I get a pretty consistent 6.5PPM with 32% haste while tanking a target full time.

because our tier bonus outweighs equivalent gear with the proper stats on them how?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP