Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    "Good" as defined by being able to express myself freely within the law (no matter how much of an illusion it is). As defined by having a thriving economy, a leader who looks like they're in charge and capable of the task, a government whose actions lead to the betterment of my life and the lives of those around me.
    Well, everyone promised that, even Trump.

Their proposed methods obviously differ, but all most people can say is that it "fits current dogma" or "doesn't fit current dogma", not wherever it will actually work as advertised. And in many cases "expert opinions" are misleading and agenda- rather then fact-driven (because most proposed things haven't been tried in "exact current scenario" and as such leave lots of room for interpretations, especially when economics or politics are concerned).

If it really came down to it and I had to choose between a shitty government that was honest and a dishonest government that was run well, I'll take the latter every time.
    But there is no "government that runs well" with current US partisan split. It doesn't seem possible.

That wasn't relevant to the question.
    Those were options given in last election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, everyone promised that, even Trump.
    Ooookaaay, as I just outlined, the judgement for being "good" is based on the actions they take, not the actions they promise.

Their proposed methods obviously differ, but all most people can say is that it "fits current dogma" or "doesn't fit current dogma", not wherever it will actually work as advertised. And in many cases "expert opinions" are misleading and agenda- rather then fact-driven (because most proposed things haven't been tried in "exact current scenario" and as such leave lots of room for interpretations, especially when economics or politics are concerned).
    I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything at all.

But there is no "government that runs well" with current US partisan split. It doesn't seem possible.
    My qualifications of "good" governance were not limited to the President. That said, I do largely believe that much of the "split" between Republicans and Democrats is an act to keep the population divided, as many long-time representatives are long-time friends cross-party.

Those were options given in last election.
    Those may have been the only options likely to win, but they weren't the only options.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Cute.

The triggered partisan drones would be you and your friends on the "You can only vote for the Democrats" squad.
    Since when do I have friends?

And it might be weird if I told people here in Australia to vote for a US political party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Since when do I have friends?

And it might be weird if I told people here in Australia to vote for a US political party.
    Strangely enough, you don't have to be an American to be a partisan hack for Hillary Clinton. I don't recall you or other non-Americans shutting up about our election or how people should only vote for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Strangely enough, you don't have to be an American to be a partisan hack for Hillary Clinton. I don't recall you or other non-Americans shutting up about our election or how people should only vote for Clinton.
    Find a single post of mine where I said people should vote for Clinton, you liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    It is my belief that 2017 will be the year where the world couldn't handle the reality that a political opponent won fairly and instead turned to political propaganda to weave their problems away.
    Trump did not win fairly, so this does not apply to the US