Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    im curious to know where god comes into someone graduating?
    pretty outlandish behaviour by the school imo.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I am on topic. You're desperately trying to deflect, and it's not working.
    The topic about a student being disciplined from not attention graduation ceremony due to breaking a code of conduct that's part of the school? Abortion is nowhere mentioned in that topic. Stop projecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Is the father also barred from the ceremony?
    if he indeed does go to the same school, that is a very good point.

Deleted
    Maybe it was a miraculous conception, they've been known to happen.

Private school has the right to do whatever they want. I mean, they can't deny her a diploma, assuming she passed all the requisite coursework, but if they want to stop her from attending a school-sponsored event, they're allowed to and I'll support their right to do so. I think it's a harsh move, kids make mistakes, and it's more of a celebration of the graduating seniors than a celebration of god, in my opinion, so she should be allowed.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    18y old is too young? I think it's a very good age to have first kid.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Maybe it was a miraculous conception, they've been known to happen.
    Mary didn't have a graduation ceremony either though!

Non-issue. Private Christian school, not publicly funded. She still graduates, just can't attend the ceremony. Who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    The topic about a student being disciplined from not attention graduation ceremony due to breaking a code of conduct that's part of the school? Abortion is nowhere mentioned in that topic. Stop projecting.
    That code of conduct being based on quite draconian religious principles, so again, I was on topic. You were trying to deflect because you didn't like the wording I used, so it did merit bringing up more stuff to highlight that I chose the word based on the quite apparent "morals" of the "school". Which you again tried deflecting on, when you know just aswell how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Mary didn't have a graduation ceremony either though!
    Well you got me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Is the father also barred from the ceremony?
    Broad assumption to come to the conclusion it HAS to be another student at the same school.

Though if they found out definitively that it was, yeah he probably would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    Yeeeah they aren't banning her from graduating. Just the ceremony.

I wouldn't agree with this if it wasn't a private christian school with a literal written rule about sexual engagement.

But again, she's only banned from the ceremony. She's still graduating.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That code of conduct being based on quite draconian religious principles, so again, I was on topic. You were trying to deflect because you didn't like the wording I used, so it did merit bringing up more stuff to highlight that I chose the word based on the quite apparent "morals" of the "school". Which you again tried deflecting on, when you know just aswell how it is.
    You tried to compare not attending to a ceremony with murder. Then brought up abortion for some reason. If you want to talk about those topics you can make your own. No need to try this hard.

Deleted
    It's a Private Christian school. It's perfectly within their rights to ban people from attenting the ceremony if they broke an actual written rule, no matter if people like said rule or not.
    Also, it's not like they prevented her from actually graduating.

However draconian you may think it is doesn't matter. She and her parents signed that code of conduct agreeing to abide by it. There are consequences for breaking the rules you agree to.

I understood that she signed an agreement where she would abstain from sex. What are the words used to describe those who say one thing and do the opposite?

Do the board members wear mixed fabrics? Well, thats against the bible. What about planting two different seeds side by side? Have they done that or consumed any plant grown in such a manner? SINNERS ALL OF THEM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    I know its so incredibly outlandish that the girl agreed to the rules and conditions of this school. Paid them to go there. Especially for their views, opinions, and ideas.

Breaks the rules.

Your right how dare the school hold someone accountable for their actions.

I stand by what the school did for one very simple reason. ITS A PRIVATE SCHOOL! They can do whatever they want. They did not force this girl to go to school there. This family payed to go to school there. So they knew damn well what they could and could not do.

Now had this been a PUBLIC SCHOOL. I would absolutely stand by your side on this one.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

You tried to compare not attending to a ceremony with murder. Then brought up abortion for some reason. If you want to talk about those topics you can make your own. No need to try this hard.
    Truthfully, I didn't expect you to run out of deflections quite that fast, to resort to straight up lying. Also, I explained why I brought up abortion in the very post you just quoted, but apparently text is very difficult, quite evidenced by your first sentence also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

There really is no problem with this. It's a private Christian school. They just aren't allowing her to take part in the ceremony, but she is still graduating. They aren't even pushing it past that, they are punishing her for breaking a Christian principle.

If this were any other religion, I wouldn't have issue with it either. It's their school and their guiding principles.

Its a private school, a Christian one at that, yep, she shoulda known this would happen.
    READ and be less Ignorant.