Thread: Legendary ring?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Legendary ring?

What talent do you think/hope/dread the upcoming new legendary ring for shaman gives each specc? As far as I can see for the rings that currently are out, the talent is always one that grants a DPS increase for DPS speccs, so that's at least something to base your opinion on (as in we might not get one for Gust of Wind).

Only playing Ele I'm not gonna try guessing which is best for Enh or Resto, but for Ele I'd at least hope for one of the three in the 15 row, probably Path of Flame being the highest on the wishlist, followed by Totems, and then Earthen Rage. The "hope" that the ring might grant Ascendance, Lightning Rod or Icefury seems like a laughably stupid dream, as that would probably instantly make it the best leggo for elemental. As for the one I fear Ele might get, I don't think it's beyond blizz to give us Aftershock or Ancestral Swiftness........

What about you, Resto and Enh? Any Ele shamans with other thoughts?

I'm suspecting Ele to get something out of the lvl 60 row so either Ancestral Swiftness or Elemental Mastery which would be the safest choices I guess. Not sure what would be the biggest damage increase but perhaps it would be Primal Elementalist or something. That would at least go with their theme for T20. I doubt they would give any class another lvl 100 talent so I'm not counting those.

For enhancement shaman i think they will pick Emproved stormlash to keep the meme spree.

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    For enhancement shaman i think they will pick Emproved stormlash to keep the meme spree.
    Considering they nerfed that one... yup... seems accurate.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

It'll likely be a passive talent, so maybe storm lash for enhancement and either primal elementalist, path of flame or aftershock. My guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    WTB Fury of Air... please don't hate me, other Enhance shamans. I just think the visual is so cool.
    They probably wont do that. I'm pretty sure they'll take one of the passive-talents instead of more active ones. In Blood DK's case it actually makes sense, giving them another option to gain another defensive CD while baking in the passive one.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

For Resto Shaman, i kinda hope it's Wellspring.
    People already don't run it due to relative high MP cost, and other strong choices in the row.

Seems like a waste if no shaman uses a new spell designed just for Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far it looks like passives, which makes sense to not force some classes into additional abilities and others get passives.
    For resto, something like Echo, Torrent, or High Tide could be too significant (I don't play any of the classes currently shown, so I don't know the scale of the significance of their talents) since they all have other strong options on their row. I wouldn't be opposed to Bottomless Depths/Ancestral Vigor/Graceful Spirit, but Deluge/Crashing Waves would be disappointing.
    I could see Blizzard giving us Deluge with the reasoning, "it'll work well the ToS tier".

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    but Deluge/Crashing Waves would be disappointing.
    I dunno, AG + Deluge into CBT sounds pretty tasty to me But perhaps too situational.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilenker View Post
    I dunno, AG + Deluge into CBT sounds pretty tasty to me But perhaps too situational.
    I would understand their choice for deluge, but I spend most of my time in m+ so a CH buff would be super lacking for me haha

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

The reason I don't like the idea of getting Ancestral Swiftness on the ring for Ele or Enh is cause it would just be a glorified Haste statstick in the form of a ring... Very not-interesting, even for a passive talent.

Primal Elementalist might be interesting, but it might be too strong. Would be amazing to get PE for free though, considering Ele tier20. Another nightmare alongside Aftershock would be getting Elemental Fusion... So my hope is still at Path of Flame or Earthen Rage, considering it's true that Blizz probably won't force new abilities onto us with the rings (Totem Mastery), just passives.

Deleted
    WTB Fury of Air... please don't hate me, other Enhance shamans. I just think the visual is so cool.
    So why? You can talent into it if you like it and it is a st dps loss and on AOE it cant compete with other legendaries.

FoA is crap so a leg with foa would be crap.

Id expect new tempest.

I think Lightning Rod could be a potential talent. But in the end every passive seems reasonable. I just hope it isn't Elemental Fusion because that's just bad.

In regards of T20 I'd say Primal Elementalist would be the best (or EB so that we can talent into PE).

The best would be AS, hailstorm, LS, tempest, boulderfist or landslide for enhance seeing that passives seem to be the thing. Knowing blizzard it will be imp storm lash or something dumb like voodoo totem.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-05-12 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Never forget! The legendary isnt worth the best talent in tgat row, it is worth mostly about the 2nd best talent inbtgat row.

So if e.g. Tempest is the best talent in t75 and tempest is on the ring, the ring isnt about Tempest, it is about getting Overcharge or Emp. Stormlash.

For now we dont know what it will be. If the talent is in the lvl 90 talent row for enhance, it sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Expect a talent about 4 to 6% dps strong.

What the visual that wasn't even staying when it was active for a while back when we were actively using the talent? It was horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    The best would be AS, hailstorm, LS, tempest, boulderfist or landslide for enhance seeing that passives seem to be the thing. Knowing blizzard it will be imp storm lash or something dumb like voodoo totem.
    Well they did recently nerf Empowered Stormlash for no reason. So I'm guessing it's that unfortunately. ;_; what a way to not have to deal with balance.

Wind Rush Totem. So we can have all of our specs with it and our Gust of Wind/Feral Charge. Gotta have that raid utility, no damage/healing bonuses for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    Wind Rush Totem. So we can have all of our specs with it and our Gust of Wind/Feral Charge. Gotta have that raid utility, no damage/healing bonuses for us.
    Yeah because a utility legendary giving us feral charge will be used.

If they created another utiliy legendary they could as well give no legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Idk what you like so much about it visually, it doesnt even look like air. You look more like you are spinning a thin thread around constantly. Also, its a tedious talent if you ask me. I know its easy to go for the single target dps mentality where you just switch it on and forget about because you will have 100% uptime until the boss dies but in reality, having to switch that thing off so it doesnt burn your maelstrom away on run-away phases its tedious. Also for questing is just not worth the trouble.

If you ask me they should give us ascendance. Enhancement is just lacking burst CDs right now and getting access to ascendance could be a nice bonus. If anything they can just add stats to compensate for any shortcomings.
    They will use passives without additional buttons. Thats why it wont be Ascendance.

Deleted
    Thinking probably Primal Elementalist since it synergises well with the T20 4p.

Hoping for ascendance tho, yes please being able to run lighting rod at the same time!!!!

Either of those talents would be a boost to ST, which would be nice, but not sure that type of band aid is very fair tbh.