Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hormonal imbalance, go see a doctor.

As the others have stated, an active body consumes more calories than an inactive one. Size and muscle mass matter too. So the amount of calories you are burning daily can be much different than you think.

In the end it's all about burning more than you take in, true. But reducing intake is only one way. Burning more and adding muscle mass should speed you along. It sounds like you are having the first step down, which can be the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Greetings everyone.
    My name is John and I would like to share a story.

So I am quite overweight. It has not troubled me in my everyday life but I 1 year ago decided to change my life to the better and that included trying to loose a little weight.

1 of the things I decided to do was to stop 100% with drinking cola. For me that is not hard, I have yet to touch it since I started. I instead decided to drink water a fuck ton of water. I have a problem that I easily get dehydrated. So I always has something to drink nearby. In my current case that is 1½ liter bottle that I refil 4-5 times a day.
    Another way I decided to go at was to bike to school every day instead of the bus 3½km each way.
    A third way was to watch what I ate. Aiming for 2000 kalories or less every day. At this point in time only 9 days out of 365 have I passed 2000 kalories.
    According to the app I have when tracking food over the last year my average was 1472 kalories per day.
    My weekly schedule isplease note this directly translated over google)
    Morning: Either Oat meal or corn flakes.
    Noon: 2 Rye bread with eithe sausage or pâté.
    Dinner: Either of the following 7: (150 gram of fish + 200 gram of rice)(250 gram of pasta bolognesse)(200gram roasted pork + 150 gram potatoes + halonesse sauce)( 250 gram of macronette)(200 gram rice + 200 gram of vegeble mix)(300 mL homemade tomate soup)(125 gram french fries(oven heated) + 200 gram of meatloaf)

While I could do more to loose weight, like I said I was in no haste and what I had read on the internet, yes I do know the internet lies all the bloody time. But when my doctor said that an a guy around my weight and status had a daily burning of 2000 kalories I would have to believe her.

Yet in this 1 year I have lost weight that is true but I lost 1,8 kilogram. So I am kinda confused cause when I was drinking 1-2 liter of cola everyday, beforhand I kept me weight around the same every year. And yet now after I actually try to you know do healthy things I don't seem to loose weight.

So my question for you MMO-Champ. Is there something wrong with me and my body? Or do I need to cut even further down on food? Was the problem actually Cola like so many homepages kept saying?
    The absence of the mention of any type of exercise is probably why you have failed to lose more weight. Because if you did then you'd mention it.

Have you tried intermittent fasting? I was recommended this so many times and I kept avoiding it until around feb 2016... Been doing it consistently then while doing some form of half assed effort to eat veg/fruit, less eating cereals (breakfast cereal), less milk, roughly calorie counting just to keep it in check.. Anyway I've literally melted, I went from overweight to very slim and low body fat %, and I do minimal exercise, quite low activity.

The fasting (intermittent, so 16-20h fasting window, 4-8 hour feeding window) is what did it, it was tough to begin with but now my body doesn't ask me for breakfast, my energy levels are more stable so I always feel great and my immune system has improved to where I no longer get ill and have not been ill since (I used to get quite sick a few times a year, especially colds which hit me hard)... Honestly, do some research on intermittent fasting and fasting in general, it has been a transformation for me since previously I would train/diet hard to achieve results and yoyo a lot with my weight/health... This time it has just been consistent, easy.

Best thing I ever did in my life.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-06-07 at 10:13 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Greetings everyone.
    My name is John and I would like to share a story.

So I am quite overweight. It has not troubled me in my everyday life but I 1 year ago decided to change my life to the better and that included trying to loose a little weight.

1 of the things I decided to do was to stop 100% with drinking cola. For me that is not hard, I have yet to touch it since I started. I instead decided to drink water a fuck ton of water. I have a problem that I easily get dehydrated. So I always has something to drink nearby. In my current case that is 1½ liter bottle that I refil 4-5 times a day.
    Another way I decided to go at was to bike to school every day instead of the bus 3½km each way.
    A third way was to watch what I ate. Aiming for 2000 kalories or less every day. At this point in time only 9 days out of 365 have I passed 2000 kalories.
    According to the app I have when tracking food over the last year my average was 1472 kalories per day.
    My weekly schedule isplease note this directly translated over google)
    Morning: Either Oat meal or corn flakes.
    Noon: 2 Rye bread with eithe sausage or pâté.
    Dinner: Either of the following 7: (150 gram of fish + 200 gram of rice)(250 gram of pasta bolognesse)(200gram roasted pork + 150 gram potatoes + halonesse sauce)( 250 gram of macronette)(200 gram rice + 200 gram of vegeble mix)(300 mL homemade tomate soup)(125 gram french fries(oven heated) + 200 gram of meatloaf)

While I could do more to loose weight, like I said I was in no haste and what I had read on the internet, yes I do know the internet lies all the bloody time. But when my doctor said that an a guy around my weight and status had a daily burning of 2000 kalories I would have to believe her.

Yet in this 1 year I have lost weight that is true but I lost 1,8 kilogram. So I am kinda confused cause when I was drinking 1-2 liter of cola everyday, beforhand I kept me weight around the same every year. And yet now after I actually try to you know do healthy things I don't seem to loose weight.

So my question for you MMO-Champ. Is there something wrong with me and my body? Or do I need to cut even further down on food? Was the problem actually Cola like so many homepages kept saying?
    Maybe you gained muscle? Dunno.

If you want to do hardcore weight loss try keto.

I was 116 kg, got down to 96 in 2 months or so with no gym, just 50 minutes of walking back and forth to University.

Might also want to see if your hormones are in check.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried diet, in and out, and finally succeed in losing 22 kg. In my experience, losing weight is 95% power of will. The will to follow the diet, and to exercise (even slightly, like 30 minutes walk every day). The idea behind a diet is to eat less calories that you spend. Of course your body is going to rebel, it does not get what it used to, it doesn't get what it needs. it's uncomfortable, but you have to learn to accept to live with hunger if you want to lose weight. Your mind will trick you into eating more than you planed for.

There is probably nothing wrong with your body (i could be wrong, there is the rare chance that there is indeed a problem, but it's quite rare). The only explanation is that you miscounted the calories, you binge eat, perhaps unconsciously.

First, remove regular, or even diet coca cola from your diet. If you want to drink soda, go for the zero version (zero calories). That would cut near 800 calories from your daily input (2 liters). The taste is slighly different, you may not like it at first, but you get used to it, plus the black cans are kinda classy.

Beware the hidden calories in a glass of fruit juice, a starbuck coffee anything that goes into your mouth, you need to be self aware. You can do it, anyone can do it. It's a matter of willpower.

Oh and, cut alcohol too. Not only it's high in calories, but ethanol modify your metabolism in a way that glucose is no longer burned for energy but stored as fat. That's why you feel hungry when you drink alcohol; your blood sugar gets low.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-06-30 at 05:05 AM.