New to Arcane, few questions!

Picked up my mage alt and specced Arcane. Having fun so far but wanted to clarify some things...

Vs. 2+ mobs you use Arcane Explosion over Blast? Keep spamming and use missile charges to not cap? Do you only use Barrage at 4 stacks right before the pack would die or keep them unless you need mana refunded/speed boost?

Also during the conserve phase...would you build up to 4 charges, spend missile charges (with Rune of Power ideally), dump with Barrage, then repeat? Or do you use some Blasts with 4 charges if your mana permits it?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamthemute View Post
    Picked up my mage alt and specced Arcane. Having fun so far but wanted to clarify some things...

Vs. 2+ mobs you use Arcane Explosion over Blast? Keep spamming and use missile charges to not cap? Do you only use Barrage at 4 stacks right before the pack would die or keep them unless you need mana refunded/speed boost?

Also during the conserve phase...would you build up to 4 charges, spend missile charges (with Rune of Power ideally), dump with Barrage, then repeat? Or do you use some Blasts with 4 charges if your mana permits it?

Thanks!
    Vs 2 targets use AE + missiles
    Vs pacs perform your st rotation but use AE instead of AB. Use 4x AE + ArB if you need more sustained aoe dmg (during fights with long aoe phases).

During conserve phase if you have enough mana to cast few more 4 charges AB do it, it is always dps gain, but be carefull to not Burn to much mana

Moreover line MoA with RoP do not delay it.

- vs 2+ mobs just keep spamming AE, I normally don't dump the AM procs unless it's big meaty mobs and one needs to die soon (e.g. Guldan adds), or if I'm accelerating Evocation with 4-set. Just Barrage when you're in a conserve phase AoE rotation, or use with Charged Up to dump two in a row (but Resonance will do the same damage for less casts if it's 4+ mobs).

- a) With Kilt: at mana >=25%, build to 4 charges, missiles, repeat.

b) Without Kilt: At around 50%, I normally build to ~3 charges, dump AMs, repeat. If Evocation is coming off cooldown soon, then you can build to 4 -> missiles - > barrage, this will slowly drain your mana to near 0 then you can Evocate and keep going. This comes with experience, your mana pool will change slightly with gear so you just need to practice.

I personally don't drop RoPs during conserve phase, even if I have missiles up. By the way, if you have the mana refund MoA trait, I would also use Mark of Aluneth (always with a RoP) on cooldown.