Remedy on life after Xbox exclusivity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...emedys-new-age

Hope the best for Remedy and hope we can get a Alan Wake 2 at some point in the future.

(no clue why it double posted, fixing it 1 sec)

What about Alan Wake 2?

"P7 is not an Alan Wake 2 - it's worth saying out aloud," said Lake. But that does not mean Alan Wake 2, as an idea, is dead.

"I would love to do that!" said Lake. "We are not making Alan Wake 2 at the moment. We own Alan Wake, I feel there is value in Alan Wake, I would love to do more Alan Wake, but these things, they are more than just creative ideas: there is a business side to it. There are many things that need to click into place to make it possible."

In 2015, Remedy shared a chunk of concept footage of Alan Wake 2 - footage that dated back to 2010. Footage that was safe to show because, Lake said, "already the concept has evolved so far that this is not a spoiler in any way to show this bit".

He added: "Every time we have had [an Alan Wake 2] concept that we have taken to publishers and talked about, it has felt like that the time and the place hasn't been there to realise that vision. It has always felt like it would be a compromise for multiple reasons, and then we are not really doing then Alan Wake sequel we want to do.

"So for us Alan Wake is valuable, and if and when we would do it, we want to do it on our terms and make it the right kind of a sequel and not just do something, a compromise. That hasn't happened yet."
    There is more of the story in the link. Like I said above I hope the best for them and look forward to there new game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-26 at 07:17 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Microsoft let a studio that could have very well developed into their own Naughty Dog walk because they failed to support them properly. Then they wonder why they're so far behind in the gaming industry when all they want to pump out is shooters and rely on 3rd parties.

Not surprising Insomniac doesn't want to work with them anymore after Sunset Overdrive either. Good on Insomniac and Remedy for both demanding and keeping ownership of their own IPs in Alan Wake and Sunset Overdrive because we know MS would never do a damn thing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Microsoft let a studio that could have very well developed into their own Naughty Dog walk because they failed to support them properly. Then they wonder why they're so far behind in the gaming industry when all they want to pump out is shooters and rely on 3rd parties.

Not surprising Insomniac doesn't want to work with them anymore after Sunset Overdrive either. Good on Insomniac and Remedy for both demanding and keeping ownership of their own IPs in Alan Wake and Sunset Overdrive because we know MS would never do a damn thing with them.
    Agreed, On a different note it would be awesome to get a Sunset Overdrive 2 announcement at E3 for PS4/PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

The xbone has been a hot mess from start to present. A constant stream of brain drain at high level as people try to salvage it with another new direction that fails to gain traction then they get replaced by someone who does something else. Only that something else is never "double down on a focus on fantastic exclusive titles".

Its gotten so bad the number of exclusives for the xbone right now listed online is 4 for 2017. Compared to the 13 for the PS Vita. Its gotten thats bad.

They should have focussed on a solid lineup before all this "your orwellian, unified media center" gatekeeper bullshit with all the money and time wasted on things like a mandatory kinect nobody wanted or a halo tv studio that swallowed millions then sunk without a trace.

At this point i think the Saturn was actually more well managed than the sad sack of shit that is the Xbones unfortunate lifespan of insane strategy redirections that never focussed on games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...emedys-new-age

Hope the best for Remedy and hope we can get a Alan Wake 2 at some point in the future.

(no clue why it double posted, fixing it 1 sec)

There is more of the story in the link. Like I said above I hope the best for them and look forward to there new game.
    I was just saying yesterday to my buddy, I may have to abandon Xbox. Their lack of games is really disappointing.

I've always seen Xbox as the home for First Person Shooters and Sports Games. Which I bought the XB1 for Forza, and FPS's that my friends play.

I also see Play Station as the home for RPG's and Action games, which are two genre's I really love. More so than FPS's.

I think I may have to bite the bullet and get the PS4 Pro.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.