Deleted

Addons CPU Usage explaination?

I was curious recently to test out how much CPU my addons were using since I had quite a low framerate in boss fights. I was originally running with an average of around 80ms and now my new UI is running around 28ms. See below.

Question is, I have no idea what any of these numbers really mean. What is considered bad, and what sort of numbers should I be concerned about?

I would click that little question mark at the top right and look around.. but seriously i think "Details" is going to hog the most CPU usage out of those addons imo.

Deleted
    It just explains how to use the addon. You do get tooltips when you hover over each bit at the top, but it doesn't really give you any idea of what sort of numbers you should be concerned about.

I would start by disabling a few of the bigger addons one by one and seeing if it makes a difference. I would start with details since it usually hogs the most resources, especially when actually logging numbers.

Hi @Kappadisco, I'm the author of AddOns CPU Usage addon, and you are right, it lacks an explanation on what is good or bad numbers.
    The result numbers vary depending on which CPU the user have, but, generally, is not a good thing if an addon uses more than 1 second in a 3 minutes window test.
    It also important to say, memory usage doesn't impact on the cpu usage.

Deleted
    Hi @Tercio, I was hoping you might respond. Thanks for the explaination, very helpful. Big fan of Details btw. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I would click that little question mark at the top right and look around.. but seriously i think "Details" is going to hog the most CPU usage out of those addons imo.
    Details clearly places 4th out of the addons in the screenshot. In fact, Details uses less CPU during combat than Recount or Skada.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet