Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

I think Blizzard will be making a mistake

If they make Artifact Weapon Appearances unavailable to unlock after Legion

I already know some people are going to argue the prestigious argument and what not but I think you need to consider the benefits in the long run. Soloing raids/dungeons from previous expansions is hugely popular and is an incentive for people to keep playing be it trying to get that mount or mog item! If Blizzard remove Artifact Appearances that severely reduces the incentive for people to spend time soloing Mythics and Raids in Legion in the future considerably. I honestly think removing them will be a wasted opportunity and also demonstrate that the amount of work going into them was wasted if only a handful have them

Agreed. But, it's Blizzard we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I completely agree with you on that. When it comes down to it, Artifact Appearances are straight up the replacement for weapon skins in this expansion. To me, this is akin to them removing every weapon drop from every boss of an expansion. A heavy handed move that results in more meaningful content being lost than artificial prestige being gained.

And I say artificial prestige because yes, it's only prestige because Blizzard deems it so. They want it to be, so it is. This idea you're special because they deemed it so is exactly the delusion Blizzard is feeding off.

And it's the embrace of this delusion that ends up scorning more players than it ever emboldens.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

If they leave them people bitch. If thety take them people bitch. Pretty much they should just do what they want and just expect.. you guessed it.. bitch.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, but they are adamant with bad decisions, and unlike some other devs, they avoid aknowledging mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Agreed, but they are adamant with bad decisions, and unlike some other devs, they avoid aknowledging mistakes.
    I've heard multiple times during their Q&A, where Ion just flat out is saying "We made a mistake", or "We dropped the ball on that one", etc.

Deleted
    only skin id be able to agree with removing is mage tower one since is i believe to be somewhat legions version of Challenge modes in past. But i really dont want tke skins to be removed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If they leave them people bitch. If thety take them people bitch. Pretty much they should just do what they want and just expect.. you guessed it.. bitch.
    I still find it amazing that even well worded arguments on this forum get summed down to 'bitching.'

Is it whining when Blizzard says they can't do something due to technical, time or story limitations?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I would argue the people bitching if they kept them in is considerably smaller

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering about most with the removal of the artifacts, what will happen to the leveling experience itself for new people. How will one get a weapon during the legion leveling? because now we're doing the whole zone with our artifact, but if it gets removed what will the option be? Needing a heirloom to be able to lvl? or walking around with a WoD weapon until 110?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

I already know some people are going to argue the prestigious argument and what not but I think you need to consider the benefits in the long run. Soloing raids/dungeons from previous expansions is hugely popular and is an incentive for people to keep playing be it trying to get that mount or mog item! If Blizzard remove Artifact Appearances that severely reduces the incentive for people to spend time soloing Mythics and Raids in Legion in the future considerably. I honestly think removing them will be a wasted opportunity and also demonstrate that the amount of work going into them was wasted if only a handful have them
    They've said that the appearances will remain available, but people will only be able to transmog the ones they actually attained during Legion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    only skin id be able to agree with removing is mage tower one since is i believe to be somewhat legions version of Challenge modes in past. But i really dont want tke skins to be removed
    I don't know, they're argument behind gating the Mage Tower behind ilvl was the assumption everybody will eventually reach the appropriate ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    What I'm wondering about most with the removal of the artifacts, what will happen to the leveling experience itself for new people. How will one get a weapon during the legion leveling? because now we're doing the whole zone with our artifact, but if it gets removed what will the option be? Needing a heirloom to be able to lvl? or walking around with a WoD weapon until 110?
    I honestly figured they would just add vendors into the game and then proceed to modify the scale rates of mobs.

But again, it's one of the reasons why I originally doubted their words on it being fixed to this expansion: It's so deeply rooted in how the expansion progresses that Legion would be utterly unplayable without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They've said that the appearances will remain available, but people will only be able to transmog the ones they actually attained during Legion.
    Which is essentially the same since we won't be using the Artifact post Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    You'll probably still get the base Artifact and be able to put relics in it, but not be able to unlock skins. Otherwise they'd have to change the whole story of the expansion. Skins aren't necessary for that story.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to get people to resub: Make an announcement saying that random items from this expansion are going to become unobtainable. Now everyone who doesn't want to risk losing out on it has to buy Legion and resub.

They've done stuff like this since forever, but it wasn't until MoP when they were bleeding subs that they decided to make it a standard for every expansion.

In short: They will do it and continue to do it in every future expansion because they know that whether or not people like the idea of it, it will still make Blizzard money.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is so many total content and rewards now that making unavailable reward is literally irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

I agree, it's a bad idea.
    Going back for things like transmogs is a larg part of the game for some players.

I don't really care that much myself though but I still think it's a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I still find it amazing that even well worded arguments on this forum get summed down to 'bitching.'

Is it whining when Blizzard says they can't do something due to technical, time or story limitations?
    It is bitching. I mean I may or may not want them to keep the appearances. Tell you the truth I am not to worried about it either way. Sure I got an opinion but that is all it really is. Whichever way they go I won't be worrying about it to much. Just a video game I play. No reason to lose sleep over it. If I did then it would boil down to just bitching.