Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally every other Blizzard game with RNG for loot has Bad Luck Protection to some degree.

It would make no sense at all for Overwatch to not.
    I don't think Heroes has any kind of bad luck protection on loot boxes. I don't think Diablo has anything for loot either? I could be wrong on those, but I'm pretty sure that it's just WoW (for legendaries and bonus rolls) and Hearthstone that have a system like t his.

Also, cosmetic items are Blizzard's sole revenue generator for Overwatch, so it would make sense for it to be different than Hearthstone or WoW that have expansions and/or subscriptions, because they don't want to make it too easy to get the things that fund the game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Got Genji and D'vas skin in about 15-20 loot boxes.

Also got Winston and Widows dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think Heroes has any kind of bad luck protection on loot boxes. I don't think Diablo has anything for loot either? I could be wrong on those, but I'm pretty sure that it's just WoW (for legendaries and bonus rolls) and Hearthstone that have a system like t his.

Also, cosmetic items are Blizzard's sole revenue generator for Overwatch, so it would make sense for it to be different than Hearthstone or WoW that have expansions and/or subscriptions, because they don't want to make it too easy to get the things that fund the game.
    I'm 90% sure they've outright said there's one for Diablo.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Items

10+ Year Old Account
    It's between 1:10 and 1:12 from people who've actually tested it for regular legendaries, and my experience bears that out. It's usually been very slightly higher than that for event skins. Although I only got my first (Pharah's) last night after over 20 boxes, although I did get Riverboat McCree about 3 boxes earlier. The event item is meant to be on a different roll though so that shouldn't really count.

I also only have two dances, Widowmaker and Hanzo.

As for bad luck protection, I'm sure that's something they said was there right back since beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got beekeeper on my first box (mei skin) but always been rather lucky with skins despite the lil time invested in this game.

Deleted
    3 skins out of 29 boxes so far, random is random

Yeah, i just opened 20+ boxes, got two dances and 3 orange drops... shame they were a 500 coins crate and 2 classic dupes. :S

I'm getting shafted hardcore these past two events, but at least there is still time for Anniversary.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Anniversary is making more people pissed than usual it seems.

I preferred just buying skins outright like in HotS 1.0. I hate this RNG shit. The fact that Blizzard decided to actually go to loot boxes in BOTH games tells me they are getting a ton of money exploiting the psychology of a skinner box and I find that pretty disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    regarding law - a lot of countries have some weird anti-gambling laws. buying a loot box, and i doubt many will argue against this, is gambling. just curious.. what is the exact wording in the t&c's that allows them to circumvent that?

or is it like some wow stuff and people from x/y/z countries just can't do it?
    Gambling requires that you have a chance to gain something of monetary value. Skins and bullshit have 0 value besides the value you place on it.

I bought a total of 120 loot boxes.

Got new legendary skins for Genji, Soldier X2, Bastion, Zarya, Pharah, Tracer, Symetra, DVA
    Had to buy Hanzo, Lucio and Mei

Got most Dance emotes, all emblems, almost all sprays.

In fact I was missing at the end 3 skins, bout 6 voice lines, 2 dances emotes, 3 sprays

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got 76 skin, about 3 boxes after Pharah. Again, not even keen on it. Just want the Rockabilly D.Va

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

It does seem this event hasn't gone down particularly well; the new skins weren't generally very well received and the dances being limited time has caused a lot of upset; so even without the potentially lower drop rates it does look like they realised they dropped the ball on this.
    People are tired of gambling on a game. People have realized that there's not enough time during the even to get the limited event items.

People are sick of this shit in a game they paid for.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I preferred just buying skins outright like in HotS 1.0. I hate this RNG shit. The fact that Blizzard decided to actually go to loot boxes in BOTH games tells me they are getting a ton of money exploiting the psychology of a skinner box and I find that pretty disgusting.
    You can still buy skins outright in HotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    bought 50 loot boxes and had a couple of free ones from the event itself, opened up 6 legendary skins, almost all the dance emotes and every single player icon, with most of the new voice lines/sprays also, i was sitting on around 6k currency too so anything i didn't get i was able to craft outright anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    And i didnt get any skins. Are the drop rates that low?
    My friend opened 5 boxes and got three legend skins. Are the drop rates that high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    People are tired of gambling on a game. People have realized that there's not enough time during the even to get the limited event items.

People are sick of this shit in a game they paid for.
    I don't think that so much as Uprising set the bar very very high, the skins were well received and people had saved currency in the interim as it had been a while since CNY. This followed very soon after, the response to the skins was negative and I'm not sure how popular 1v1 and 3v3 actually are. In many ways it has been a let down, and the low drop rates on 24 new dances and the amount of dilution from portraits, sprays and voice lines makes it kinda feel you often don't get anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Not just Blizzard, Dota and probably plenty of other companies and games does the same thing. I'm fine with it for as long as it's cosmetic, and especially if you can obtain the items for free via normal play. HotS requires you to purchase heroes though correct? I'm not sure how anyone could be fine with that, when games like HoN and Dota give you access to all heroes at no cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Not just Blizzard, Dota and probably plenty of other companies and games does the same thing. I'm fine with it for as long as it's cosmetic, and especially if you can obtain the items for free via normal play. HotS requires you to purchase heroes though correct? I'm not sure how anyone could be fine with that, when games like HoN and Dota give you access to all heroes at no cost.
    You earn gold by playing which you can buy heroes with in hots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You earn gold by playing which you can buy heroes with in hots.
    Still not acceptable to me, as I said in Dota all heroes are available to everyone at all times, you don't need to purchase a single one, and you still don't need to pay to play the game.

Imagine if you had to purchase heroes in Overwatch in order to play them.