10+ Year Old Account

legendary ranger Jason David Frank in near assassination

comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/05/27/power-rangers-phoenix-comicon-gunman/

Holy crap
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

What makes this guy "legendary?"

I think the best part of the whole story is that the would-be killer put a reminder in his phone to gank this dude. "Oh, it's 2PM, time to go shoot some guy who acted in a kids' tv show 20 years ago."

Deleted
    After his arrest, Sterling told police that he belives he is The Punisher -- Marvel's brutal, gun-toting vigilante who wears a skull on his chest -- and allegedly had plans to get in a shootout with police officers and assassinate a Phoenix Comicon performer.
    Look I ain't saying that comics make you violent, but it might just attract the wrong kind of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a press conference Frank said that god had intervened and saved him..because he was supposed to be there all day signing autographs, but didn't show up till 8PM, hours after the would be assassin was arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    What makes this guy "legendary?"

I think the best part of the whole story is that the would-be killer put a reminder in his phone to gank this dude. "Oh, it's 2PM, time to go shoot some guy who acted in a kids' tv show 20 years ago."
    From a pop culture prospective, he forever a figure piece in the childhood of the millions of kids and teens who tuned in to watch him. Older Millenials grew up with the Green Ranger. You cannot deny the nostalgia juices oozing from his veins. In fact people loved him so much that he was part of an entire era of the franchise and brought back later.

You can try to undermine the impact of cultural icon if you want, but his is legendary from a sociological perspective. The man is a part of many peoples childhoods. If something happened to him it would suck, people would move on of course, but it would still suck. A lot of celebrities are meh and feel entitled but dude is a C list celebrity at best and has given his fans 100% for 20 something years. That shit is commendable in my book.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-05-28 at 06:52 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive