Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Coincidentally, I had a 'cheeseburger pizza' for lunch yesterday. Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Red meat isn't why Americans are fat though, it's high fructose corn syrup that's in nearly everything.
    Heart disease is the number one killer in America. Many studies have linked red meat consumption and mortality from CVD and cancer, and the consensus from reputable medical organizations (WHO, Harvard Medicine, American Dietetic Association, etc.) supports this. Red meat is definitely not a health food despite all the crap you read from some of the keto pseudoscience out there on the internet.

There is a reason why all the health organizations advise people to limit their intake of processed meat and red meat. I'm just tired of people shifting the blame on sugars (which are bad of course), but ignoring red meat as bad.

I liek hamburgers!

/that is all

Quote Originally Posted by aisatsana View Post
    Heart disease is the number one killer in America. Many studies have linked red meat consumption and mortality from CVD and cancer, and the consensus from reputable medical organizations (WHO, Harvard Medicine, American Dietetic Association, etc.) supports this. Red meat is definitely not a health food despite all the crap you read from some of the keto pseudoscience out there on the internet.

There is a reason why all the health organizations advise people to limit their intake of processed meat and red meat. I'm just tired of people shifting the blame on sugars (which are bad of course), but ignoring red meat as bad.
    Red meat is just a blanket term. It could refer to anything from vension, to bison, to ostrich. What you're more specifically referring to is high fat content meat which is bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Bread+meat+salad+cheese+some dressing

It isn't unhealthy.

If you take a big mac hamburger and cut it to pieces with fork and knife...... you can call it caesar salad after that.
    People seem to have a short attention span (not you, just... people). A typical burger is about 100g (4 ounces) of meat, possibly cheese, on a bun, with some veg. It's actually pretty close to a proper proportion of nutrients (a bit short on veg, usually).

It's not the burger that's bad for anyone. It's LOTS of burgers. And the sides. The sides are carbs carbs carbs carbs carbs. Have fun with carbs.

Me... I'm going to have a burger, but not because of a special burger day. I'm grilling out with some relatives, and there will be burgers involved.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Eating some not-so-healthy food is fine, so long as it's in moderation. And all countries have diabetics and obese people. America isn't even ranked top 5 in either of those, btw.
    American Samoa is on number 1 yet it's extremely tiny compared to the US. But yeah, if you have 5 people living in a country and all 5 are obese, it's going to be the most obese country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    American Samoa is on number 1 yet it's extremely tiny compared to the US. But yeah, if you have 5 people living in a country and all 5 are obese, it's going to be the most obese country in the world.
    I know the South Pacific and have travelled a lot through Fiji & Samoa etc

Hamburgers ain't the problem

Its foods like SPAM...and not the internet variety.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ty-crisis.html

It was lampooned by Monty Python and spurned by British shoppers, but Spam is fuelling a "raging epidemic" of diabetes, strokes and heart disease among the previously lithe inhabitants of the South Pacific.

Another of Britain's colonial culinary legacies - corned beef - is also being blamed for a rise in obesity-related illnesses in countries once known for muscled warriors and slim-hipped maidens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    I know the South Pacific and have travelled a lot through Fiji & Samoa etc

Hamburgers ain't the problem

Its foods like SPAM...and not the internet variety.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ty-crisis.html

It was lampooned by Monty Python and spurned by British shoppers, but Spam is fuelling a "raging epidemic" of diabetes, strokes and heart disease among the previously lithe inhabitants of the South Pacific.

Another of Britain's colonial culinary legacies - corned beef - is also being blamed for a rise in obesity-related illnesses in countries once known for muscled warriors and slim-hipped maidens.
    I wasn't trying to say that burgers is what make people fat in Samoa, I was just talking about how they're on number 1 but their population is nothing compared to the US.

There's always turds who need to come into lighthearted topics like these and stink it up with their "dur hur fat americans" nation bashing.

I'm not American, but I'll have a hamburger just to spite said turds (and because a well-made hamburger is delicious).

Deleted
    I think we'll be having hamburgers for dinner tonight. Not sure if coincidence, or if someone knew this was a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar
    Is it? I'm pretty sure conserved cabbage isn't something that's tied to certain nations.
    In the context of Puupi's comment, however, there was a reference to German food.

Food historians trace sauerkraut back to China, with it reaching Germany by way of the Mongols.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Ah. Enjoyed a nice burger today (with garlic fries).