Alarak - Negatively Charged or Chaos Reigns

Which out of the two talents for level 4 do you guys mostly choose? Having a difficult time landing shots to get stacks for negatively charged.

Deleted
    Chaos Reigns. Seems popular among the "higher scene" according to https://heroeshearth.com/hero/alarak/

Btw - I really enjoy playing Alarak atm. Definitely one of my favorites

Hmm may have to try that build out. Pretty much what I was going with besides the improved telekinesis and mocking blows (usually go Lethal Onslaught). Didn't imagine Last laugh was that popular but never considered it since its change.

Deleted
    => improved telekinesis (Applied Force)
    I consider that the only talent that was mandatory even pre-patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Which out of the two talents for level 4 do you guys mostly choose? Having a difficult time landing shots to get stacks for negatively charged.
    I personally think Chaos Reigns is better talent as it is your main nuking ability and it can be tricky to find good angles to get value out of Negatively Charged.

Also keep in mind you can get 180 bonus damage out of it, which is multiplied by your Sadism percentage so in the end you deal so much damage. It has slightly worse scaling, but if you hit 3 people early you can do so much damage in early game which helps you with stacking your Sadism further.

In short, Chaos Reigns is good early, more reliable and helps snowball harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    => improved telekinesis (Applied Force)
    I consider that the only talent that was mandatory even pre-patch
    Yeah, it was. It also helps you with survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely say go for chaos reigns, it's the best in that row but don't worry about completing it super fast, quests can take a while. My only game since the alarak rework I hit 3 heroes with my q just after level 4 so got lucky with it. Try them see what you think but that one is definitely bestill Imo.

Chaos Reigns, definitely.

Chaos Reigns, unless you're desperate for poke and can somehow stack Negatively Charged to obscene heights. Discord Strike hits like a train at all points in the game, but Lightning Surge tickles even with Sadism and good stacks.

Played Alarak all this weekend. Mostly in QM so your YMMV.

Doing the lightning quest and/or negatively charged is not so easy. You definitely do not want to be doing this quest if you are facing only ranged or if you are facing any kind of stealth or non-combatant hero like Abathur. That just lessens your chances of even finishing the quest. However, it is adviseable to take up the quest when facing heroes that spawn multiple copies like Samuro then finishing the quest in any reasonable amount of time is done.

On the question for Chaos Reigns or Negatively Charged I have to say you should be going with Chaos reigns nearly all the time. It is something you should be doing regularly as an Alarak player. If you are not doing your telekinesis->discord combo you should not be playing Alarak.

It is funny. I see the talents most often chosen and come to the same conclusion in my play with him without looking up the cookie cutter build. Applied force or hindered motion was always a toss up for me. It really depends on the match up and if you need the extended range. Hindered Motion is good against mostly melee comps where you can get in closer without much issue but applied force is better utility as well as better against ranged.

The talents mocking blows or lethal onslaught I have found that lethal onslaught just isn't as useful as mocking blows with lowers the cooldown of your combo move. Normally speaking you usually only get maybe 1 AA after your discord attack. The only exception to this is if you are using deadly charge to initiate instead of telekinesis then you have a chance to do some AA but that tends to be risky. In the end it is going to depend on your comp and your enemy teams comp if it will allow you to dive in with charge.