Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Trial of Style (transmog competition event) - rewards are a joke... right?

So I originally saw this here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=264867/t...ansmog-rewards

Is this a joke? Those are the rewards from that event? That golden black set already drops from TBC dungeons (not sure about the rest).

Blizzard really needs to change it.

EDIT: Apparently all of these sets are already avalaible in game...

EDIT 2: According to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ly_be_the_now/

Trial of Style rewards will likely be the now un-obtainable WOTLK launch event armor.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-05-28 at 05:10 PM.

I do like the left two

Deleted
    I like the plate and mail sets, but I agree they kind of feel disapointing. Maybe they are going to add other rewards, this is only the PTR after all.

Probably placeholders. Those sets are already avaliable.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Probably placeholders. Those sets are already avaliable.
    "Ensemble: Mana-Etched Regalia for 25: Grants the Mana-Etched Regalia appearance" and PTR is coming to a close soon. I doubt that.

The mail set is even just green vendor trash from outland.

the green mail set looks like recolored trash/green drops from pre-wrath era.

the rest look like TBC drops and I know I've already got the black and gold nightslayer set (as well as the rogue exclusive HD version that was released with WoD but with the wrong helm)

Deleted
    Could've been a great oppertunity to add pieces that belong to a full set but don't exist ingame.

Unless this changes I think i'll give this a miss. I don't think my schlumpy dwarf male can compete with the flood of shitty slutmogs with vaguely matching shoulders that count as a ~transmog~

Yeah very disapointing, won't be doing this either

10+ Year Old Account
    just another example of how Blizzad utterly fails at offering meaningful rewards to fun things as a form of balance to the mind-numbing boring as hell grinds and shit infested RNG they call WoW.

Good job at falling on your face Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just another example of how Blizzad utterly fails at offering meaningful rewards to fun things as a form of balance to the mind-numbing boring as hell grinds and shit infested RNG they call WoW.

Good job at falling on your face Blizzard.
    This sort of thing is astronomically unhelpful.

Why don't you submit specific feedback? Tell them why you think the rewards are lacking. Complaining that WoW is a "shit infested RNG grind" and then railing against something new and interesting they are testing out is just ridiculous.

Odds are they're not super concerned about the rewards yet and are more worried about getting the systems right, but tell them what you suggest for rewards.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So I originally saw this here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=264867/t...ansmog-rewards

Is this a joke? Those are the rewards from that event? That golden black set already drops from TBC dungeons (not sure about the rest).

Blizzard really needs to change it.

EDIT: Apparently all of these sets are already avalaible in game...
    I like the rewards, if it is those four. The righteous armor set can be shit to get. The green set is hell, don't like the rogue set, and the first cloth set, would love to have them...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Those rewards are very odd. 4 random TBC sets... Why? Why those four? Why only from TBC? So many questions...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    As well, the rewards should display the event, and the fact that it can be rigged in a way, I don't think it should be anything too special.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Seeing how its Transmog event, they should of came up with 4 custom mog sets and given those out as rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

Why don't you submit specific feedback? Tell them why you think the rewards are lacking. Complaining that WoW is a "shit infested RNG grind" and then railing against something new and interesting they are testing out is just ridiculous.

Odds are they're not super concerned about the rewards yet and are more worried about getting the systems right, but tell them what you suggest for rewards.
    lol, if they havent seen the disappointment with rewards so far this expansion, they are blind. they have failed to reward different aspects of the game for 3 expansions now, getting worse with each one.

gold as a consolation prize is just one example of bad judgement. using a fail coin, and getting squat actually doesnt equal a feel good reward. its the opposite.

look at the number of RNG is crap and World of Diablocraft hate threads come up weekly. more examples of how Blizzard is failing to understand that RNG has a place, as well as grinds, but not everything in the damn game needs to be an extreme version of that. however, thats exactly what they have now. everything is overly grindy, unrewarding and too difficult to beat RNG.

there is simply no counterbalance to the grinds and RNG style reward systems. and they create a perfect opportunity for something fun with ToS but offer pretty pathetic rewards for it.. because omg, how could they even think about making it fun AND rewarding? what would players think if there wasnt a god-awful grind and extreme amount of RNG associated with this fun idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

I guess not doing anything, and praising them for doing crap like this is better.

I was hoping this would be a way to get no longer obtainable mogs like removed vanilla items or even event mogs.

At least they could of made them rare mogs like the aq green set rather then ones that take all of an hour to farm.

Only real plus I could see is if these mogs let you override armor restrictions.

Transmog is the one area in game that (for me) isn't tied to any rewards other than itself anyway. Looking good is the point of it, not something on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I guess not doing anything, and praising them for doing crap like this is better.
    That's very clearly not what I said, maybe you should try reading instead of just being a saltbox.

Bitching about it on MMO-C is just that, bitching. There is a simple avenue for submitting feedback on things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol, if they havent seen the disappointment with rewards so far this expansion, they are blind. they have failed to reward different aspects of the game for 3 expansions now, getting worse with each one.

gold as a consolation prize is just one example of bad judgement. using a fail coin, and getting squat actually doesnt equal a feel good reward. its the opposite.

look at the number of RNG is crap and World of Diablocraft hate threads come up weekly. more examples of how Blizzard is failing to understand that RNG has a place, as well as grinds, but not everything in the damn game needs to be an extreme version of that. however, thats exactly what they have now. everything is overly grindy, unrewarding and too difficult to beat RNG.

there is simply no counterbalance to the grinds and RNG style reward systems. and they create a perfect opportunity for something fun with ToS but offer pretty pathetic rewards for it.. because omg, how could they even think about making it fun AND rewarding? what would players think if there wasnt a god-awful grind and extreme amount of RNG associated with this fun idea?
    You don't coin gold anymore for one. Two, you clearly didn't read my post. So whatever.
    Beta Club Brosquad