Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you guys are morons remember Ion's quote in WoD first tier ''you dont realise that elemental is slightly overpowered'' or something like that DDD then bufed 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    you guys are morons remember Ion's quote in WoD first tier ''you dont realise that elemental is slightly overpowered'' or something like that DDD then bufed 5 times
    that was Celestalon, not ion. Ion said this expansion that elemental isn't as bad as many people think they are.

Haha the changes to the Ele T20 bonus are hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    that was Celestalon, not ion. Ion said this expansion that elemental isn't as bad as many people think they are.
    He was right, they are way way worse.

Elemental is dead.

Aparently our set bonus was overpowered

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man those changes...

Expected 4pc like changes to stabilize the swing of the set across encounter types. From there you could safely buff the 2pc component for single target but yeah...

If the 4pc description reads true "This effect may occur once every proccooldown sec", 2 seconds for fire, 1 second for storm, then this is a sizable nerf to single target for 4pc alone. The effect cooldown proc rate needs to scale with haste or there will be an awkward interaction between the haste and the set. Normally I would guess its a ptr parse / tooltip error but these days you can't be sure.

I always thought the 2pc change to 100% were done in anticipation of changes to 4pc, seeing it drop down to 20%

Before changes T20 was looking to be around 6.2% increase in single target. It will be quite less with the changes. The strength of T19 is hiding underling problems with elemental single target as it is, with these changes its not looking great.
    Last edited by Psidum; 2017-06-02 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Elemental is dead.

Aparently our set bonus was overpowered
    So overpowered that they felt it's necessary to nerf the 2pc by like 50% while taking all the aoe capacities out of the 4pc.
    I'm honestly expecting another flat 10% nerf to everything... because that's just stupid... and thus matches Blizz perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    oh my god, I havent been elemental posts since I rerolled at the start of WoD after maining it since vanilla, but holy shit, these are pure gold, Blizzard is still on the "elemental players just dont know to play" train apparently. GL guys, wish ele was a powerhouse like during ToT once again

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of sucks that I just got Concordance on Ra-den. I'm a filthy casual and don't have the time to level up a mage or something. Hopefully they realize Ele is underpowered and buff us ASAP.

The playerbase of Elemental is just tiny and very quiet, the big names have moved on to other classes that get noticed by Blizzard, 7.1.5 patch was a step in the right direction great tweaks we were very decent then scaling hit us hard and 7.2 we got nothing so some classe that got buffs and started to pull ahead.

In 7.2.5 we got the worst set bonus in history of set bonus and on top of that nerfs.

We get Blizzard figureheads that say that we dont know how to play our own class, that we are overpowered and have no idea.

Deleted
    Whatever you do as an ele shaman player, dont read the last blue post ele shamans just.

Jesus christ, ele shaman is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Haha the changes to the Ele T20 bonus are hilarious.
    The eternal optimist in me hopes the latest nerf means an upcoming Buff to Flame Shock in the numbers pass.

7+ Year Old Account
    *Newest Update on Elemental*

Elemental Discussions - 7.2.5
    Hey guys.

"So, part of the reason we haven't had much to share about Elemental is that we don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the spec. Most of the changes you've seen to other specs in 7.2.5 thus far have been focused around addressing core mechanical issues. We've only recently begun the process of making changes intended to bring each spec's performance more in line with the others."

"The bulk of the feedback we're seeing (in this thread and others) is that Elemental is fun to play, it just doesn't deal enough damage in certain situations. That's the sort of situation that we'll solve through what we generally refer to as "tuning" - e.g, adjusting things like how much damage a spell does, the chance for an effect to activate, and so on. Based on the feedback, those sound like the sort of changes we'd consider for Elemental."

"Note that how we define a "mechanical change" vs "tuning" can be a bit blurry, which makes it difficult for us to communicate things like this sometimes. Suffice it to say that changes intended to alter the way you play your class are generally considered mechanical, while changes that simply adjust how effective your class is in certain situations are generally considered tuning. That's still not a perfect explanation but hopefully it helps."

"Moreover, tuning isn't a process that's ever really "complete." We constantly monitor class performance and make adjustments where we think they'll help, and fully expect to continue that in the weeks after Patch 7.2.5 releases. Additionally, it's important to remember that the effectiveness of your spec is measured comparatively to other specs; in other words, tuning down an overpowered spec is an indirect buff to everyone else. Sometimes - and I'm not saying this is the case for Elemental, because I'm honestly not certain off the top of my head - we'll decide that it's better to bring an outlier down than it is to buff everyone else."

"Anyway, the core of what I'm trying to get across here is that Elemental is definitely on our radar as a spec to pay close attention to as we continue class tuning for 7.2.5. We'll be keeping an eye on Elemental's performance as we continue the tuning process."

However do you not think earthshock damage relative to our other spells and substituting earthquake in single target are possible design flaws?
    "I can't speak to it personally (I just finished leveling my Shaman a couple weeks ago and I mostly stick to Enhance or Resto) but these are the sorts of things we'd generally look to address via tuning."
    Last edited by Kyruze; 2017-06-05 at 12:07 AM.

So the guy commenting on Ele shaman issues JUST leveled his sham, and usually sticks to Enh and Resto?

I mean, I can't even...

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    So I ask this question to all of you.

if you wanted to play a caster character, why would you roll an ele shaman over say a mage that has 3 specs?

I ask this because i've recently kind of hit a wall where I am asking myself this same question. I keep asking myself why the hell am I playing enhancement that sucks right now when I can play a rogue and i'll have a guaranteed good spec. Not to mention if I ever get bored of 1 of the specs, I have 2 more specs that fill the same role. If I get tired of Elemental, I have a melee and resto spec to play.

Maybe I'm stressing over stupid stuff, but I just cant fathom why I thought playing a hybrid would be better than playing a pure.
    This question was pretty simple to answer for me. 2 words : heal spec.
    Right now, unless you buy a character boost or are in a group with a tank + heal spec, it's just so friggin' hard to level with any dps spec. It's even worse if your class has 3 dps specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    This question was pretty simple to answer for me. 2 words : heal spec.
    Right now, unless you buy a character boost or are in a group with a tank + heal spec, it's just so friggin' hard to level with any dps spec. It's even worse if your class has 3 dps specs.
    That's my main reason as well. I love having the option to heal. Add in the ability to switch to melee and a good Shaman player is a nice jack of all trades for a Raid Leader.

I also love the spell effects and enjoy the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    So the guy commenting on Ele shaman issues JUST leveled his sham, and usually sticks to Enh and Resto?
    It's a CM, he's not a dev, it's these people that usually give out Blizzard responses.

In fact, he hasn't said much about Elemental at all.

I'm 90% sure we're going to hear something positive about Elemental in the next 2 weeks. It just can't go live like this, its seems like it will end up unacceptably bad. We're already 8% worse on bosses than the next worst dps (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount) which our niche doesn't come close to compensating for.

The question is though, what are they going to do?

That was just the newest mouth piece of Blizzard Lore no idea why they sent him to comment he is the one I just can't take anything he says serious at all.

Deleted
    Just go enha like the cool kids