Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Yes. You have 0.5% chance per boss legendaries drop from LFR. I've got 2 legendaries from LFR by doing it per week (including a bis legendary).

And that is why I hate LFR because it bribes me legendaries.
    This is 100% incorrect. Everytime you do legendary eligible content it raises your percentage to roll and win a legendary. You just happen to at your threshold where your change to win one is almost guaranteed when you're doing your LFR's for the week. If you do all the raids each week you're guaranteed to get a legendary about every 2 weeks due to the protection in place.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Albeit a small value OP. Anything that gives you a shot makes the next one closer to dropping. So relevant raid bosses (LFR -> Mythic), rep caches, Legionfall 100 supplies cache, etc...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Thanks for all the replies, I have done all LFR (EN ToV and NH) this week, as painful as it was! (Didn't get a legendary!)

Does anyone know if the level mythic+ dungeon makes much difference to your chance to get a legendary in your weekly chest? I have done a +8 so far this week, is it worth me doing a higher one or does it not increase the chance of a legendary in the weekly chest?

So far on my Destruction Warlock (the one I'm trying to get a decent legendary on) he has Prydaz, bracers, boots and cloak, not great! There are 2 legendaries I want (shoulders and belt) and 4 I don't, I just hope next time it's a good one!!!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Lfr only give you more chances but is so low that if you dont enjoit don do it. Ofcorse people got leg from LFR but almost everything in the game has legs chances so just do thing you enjoy

It is not necessary to farm LFR to get lots of legendaries.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Isn't there a boon to your chance % of getting a legendary if you dont regularly do LFR's - just like every other type of content?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It is not necessary to farm LFR to get lots of legendaries.
    Exactly.
    Im 7/10 on legendaries for my main char for the same spec; none came from LFR or raiding in general even.
    3 from emissary caches, 3 from legionfall caches (this is likely the greatest source since you can get 2-3 a day with ease) and one from the weekly m+ cache.
    And thats playing 2 hours a day max, so not like im clocking 12+hours a day.

Should you ignore LFR if you want to farm legendaries?
    No. Its quick and easy content and if you que for multiple you can likely run em back to back.
    Every boss is a source and you can probably semi afk through it and still be in the top10 damage done.
    At worst you get a decent amount of AP out of it and some point on your BadLuckProtection scorecard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Exactly.
    Im 7/10 on legendaries for my main char for the same spec; none came from LFR or raiding in general even.
    I've gotten 10 legendaries on my main. It has done plenty of N and H raids, but no M, and doesn't do LFR much at all.

The lesson of Legion is not that "LFR is bad", it's "don't try to maximize your reward by doing everything it is possible to do". You are not supposed to do that. Just don't do it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Given it is an extra chance then yes there is value in doing LFR for legendaries. For the given time input it is also fairly worthwhile at least until devs listen to organized raiders like Jtbrig7390 who want LFR to return to the wipefest of old with hour plus queues for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not repeatable (as in weekly lockout) content has the highest chance to drop legendaries.
    Clear LFR's/normal/heroic (if you can)
    Do all base mythics (+0's)
    Emmisary's each day
    Broken Shore turn in bags

By doing all this you can pretty much bet on 1 legendary a week, give or take a few days.

I got one from a small random spawn treasure chest in Stormheim
    just do anything,everything can reward one

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Fair enough, as soon as I'm home, I'll put the leggies I currently have in my bags into the bank with the others and make a screenshot.
    Do you want them in any particular order? Per spec? Alphabetic?
    I have seen the screenshot and I concede the point; I was wrong. I am very jealous of your luck. =)

got 13 legendaries, 7 were from LFR. did normal and hero too all the time but they dropped in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    If you want more legendaries: Do LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic EM; LFR, Normal, Heroic ToV; LFR, Normal, Heroic NH. Doing 4 WQs to get chest every day. Run m+10 per week. Then you will get 1 legendary per 2 weeks.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I'm sure it works like this. I personally have 9/10 legendaries for my main character and main spec. I did lots of raids and it works like this.
    Doing too much, most chance comes from raids (normal and up), M+ weekly chest, world bosses and the legion supplies turnins on broken isle (as per the preacher video on alts)
    That's how I gathered all my legendaries. (well except for M+, I don't do M+)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Damn, hope you bought a lottery ticket after.
    Damn right i did

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Not repeatable (as in weekly lockout) content has the highest chance to drop legendaries.
    Clear LFR's/normal/heroic (if you can)
    Do all base mythics (+0's)
    Emmisary's each day
    Broken Shore turn in bags

By doing all this you can pretty much bet on 1 legendary a week, give or take a few days.
    pretty much this. Strangely M+ don't really push the timer. A bit annoying imo. the content is hard and should be rewarded...

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    pretty much this. Strangely M+ don't really push the timer. A bit annoying imo. the content is hard and should be rewarded...
    It does, but just not as much as non repeatable content.

I did one yesterday and someone in the instance got a 940 legendary.

Yes, queue for LFR while doing your daily emissary. EM wings can be completed in 10-15 minutes total, those go really, really fast.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen several from the TM vs SS brawl, not me though. Soon I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen one player get two legendary items in a row during an LFR NH run in April.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!