Thread: Hunter Specs

Deleted

Hunter Specs

Hi guys. Just got a bit bored with my shadow priest and decided to level another range class. I was thinking about hunter. So the question is, based on your experience what spec do you think is more pleasant in terms of gameplay? And what about 7.2.5, any nerfs/buffs to MM/BM? Who's gonna be top in ToS?

I am not sure but my mm feels alright. Would try bm but the ap grind stops that.

I used to play MM until they changed the way it played pre 7.2 the single target spec play style is too spammy.
    And movement can really screw you over hard the AoE build or Meme build if you want to call it that.
    Plays alright but having to run in to melee range to make sure you get the most out of explosive shot is a total pain.

I currently play BM the game play is super simple its near impossible to mess up the rotation.
    As it basically comes down to press whatever is off CD it can get pretty dull but at least the dps is good.
    And you can move around freely although you do need to deal with stupid pet AI Hati being the worst by far.
    The amount of times i have seen that derp dog attack thin air or being a mile behind my main pet.
    During target swapping is insane but at least they are working on making it better in 7.2.5.

SV has by far the most interactive and fun game play but its dps is mediocre at best and is hit harder by movement then any other melee spec.
    but that's all i can really tell you as i haven't played it much as i picked a hunter to play at ranged not melee.

SV is by far most interactive hunter spec currently. It is not easy to play but I am pretty sure you will have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAdmiral View Post
    SV is by far most interactive hunter spec currently. It is not easy to play but I am pretty sure you will have fun.
    Said nobody who actually plays SV.

It's 90% mashing Mongoose Bite whilst hitting anything else that lights up otherwise to attempt to keep all the DoTs/buffs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

It's 90% mashing Mongoose Bite whilst hitting anything else that lights up otherwise to attempt to keep all the DoTs/buffs up.
    Compared to BM and MM, yes SV is far superior gameplay wise.

i just got my hunter to 110 around 875 ilvl now maining surv. The reason I choose to not go with a ranged spec is because I have my main warlock 905+ with full traits and suramar and everything done and I enjoy playing my lock ranged. I even have a backup ranged frost mage at 895+ and then a boomkin at around 890. All those are more fun and versatile ranged dps than playing BM or MM hunter. What was interesting to me about playing surv was the ability for me to have a melee character that brings both bres and heroism. Not only that but I enjoy the CC utlity and kiting ability I have with traps and slows. The rotation is very focused and I realize when im not paying full attention my dps drops a lot but I use an addon called (hekili) you can find it on curse. It was the guy who made the main ret pally weak aura rotation now he has a few more specs included in that addon. It helps a lot with rotation and makes it a bit more bearable. I'm a little more squishy as surv since im in the action and sometimes get cleaved but the legendary helm I just got helps a lot with constant healing every 30 seconds if needed.

You're asking what is more pleasant? Meaning easier and more relaxing? Probably BM

What is more rewarding and feels satisfying? I personally pick survival. Yeah its rough but it feels a lot more worthwhile when you're top dps or bring so much to a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

I play BM/Surv and enjoy both actually.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondawn View Post
    Hi guys. Just got a bit bored with my shadow priest and decided to level another range class. I was thinking about hunter. So the question is, based on your experience what spec do you think is more pleasant in terms of gameplay? And what about 7.2.5, any nerfs/buffs to MM/BM? Who's gonna be top in ToS?
    No one knows if MM or BM will be better in ToS, anyone claiming to know for sure is wrong. All that's known, is both are looking like they will be strong on ST, and MM should remain very good aoe.

Personally I prefer MM, It's very strong and highly rewarding if you play it correctly. Even now is very competitive with BM at top play on ST, despite being far behind when you compare average bm hunters with average mm hunters.

BM is the easier spec by far, but that also means it's quite boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I am not sure but my mm feels alright. Would try bm but the ap grind stops that.
    There's not really an AP grind anymore.. you can easily pick up both 52 in mm and bm quickly, then go focus MM, then you have enough traits to switch between the specs at will. The traits past 52 mean very little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    I used to play MM until they changed the way it played pre 7.2 the single target spec play style is too spammy.
    And movement can really screw you over hard the AoE build or Meme build if you want to call it that.
    Plays alright but having to run in to melee range to make sure you get the most out of explosive shot is a total pain.
    Mobility isn't an issue for MM unless you're a bad MM hunter, this is common knowledge. You shouldn't lose any dps on any NH ST fight due to movement.

And no you do not have to be in melee to get the most out of explosive shot, people only suggest you do that if you aren't good enough to do it from ranged, it's just a small handicap thing until you get better.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAdmiral View Post
    Compared to BM and MM, yes SV is far superior gameplay wise.
    thats why all the hunters play it. Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    thats why all the hunters play it. Oh wait...
    To be fair, many hunters wouldn't play it for as long as it's melee regardless of the gameplay. You can count me in on that.

From how it is looking, BM is going to be an incredibly strong spec going into tomb, but I personally have enjoyed MM very much. I have been working on my BM spec on the side just in case I ever wanted to make the actual swap, but I have been enjoying both specs equally.