Exclamation ISIS in Southeast Asia: Philippines battles growing threat

(CNN)The black flag of ISIS has been raised in the Philippines.

At least 103 people have died in the city of Marawi on the southern island of Mindanao in less than a week as fighters affiliated with the so-called Islamic State engaged in violent clashes with government forces, and martial law was declared over the entire island.
    Local resident Chico Usman said the militants had entered the predominantly Muslim city of some 200,000 suddenly, on the afternoon of May 24, wearing masks and carrying assault rifles. "Everybody was shocked and ran into their houses," he said, adding they could hear gunfire and fighting until the following morning.

source : http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/28/as...outheast-asia/

oh well, this is disturbing

edit:
    I just saw the news but it seems it happened few days ago so if it was already covered here feel free to delete/lock thread
    Last edited by LoLcano; 2017-05-30 at 08:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they were just Peaceful protesters.

Seriously though, It's quite a worry that they are spreading that far south east, as Australia has quite a few Muslim populated Countries just north of Us and I would hate to see attacks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Seriously though, It's quite a worry that they are spreading that far south east, as Australia has quite a few Muslim populated Countries just north of Us and I would hate to see attacks here.
    You have already had the bali bombings, this is already happening.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

If ISIS posted a threat to Australia other than random suicide bombing then don't you think they would've broken out of their tiny holdings in the ME a long time ago?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    When in an "predominantly Muslim city", who are they killing? Non-believers, the not-enough-believers or just everyone?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If ISIS posted a threat to Australia other than random suicide bombing then don't you think they would've broken out of their tiny holdings in the ME a long time ago?
    You mean like them showing up in the Phillipines? Which is not in the ME and is South East Asia? YOu know like this entire thread is about? Hurr durr.