Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    If you not arcane for any fight with aoe your gonna be doing it wrong, the new shoulders are looking insane. Haven't looked at the tos fights yet but from what people are saying its mostly st. I'll probably go with frost and arcane for aoe/m+.
    fire is still significantly better at aoe than arcane tho, you'd prolly be better off going frost/fire or if you're lazy pick and stick with arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    "detailed discussion on what the best spec is playing out to be"
    well, you can still make a guess based on the fights that we've seen in ToS and the various spec's niche and since it has a lot of cleave/st fights it makes sense to stick with frost unless they give it the same treatment as they did fire.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    fire is still significantly better at aoe than arcane tho, you'd prolly be better off going frost/fire or if you're lazy pick and stick with arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

well, you can still make a guess based on the fights that we've seen in ToS and the various spec's niche and since it has a lot of cleave/st fights it makes sense to stick with frost unless they give it the same treatment as they did fire.
    arcane beats fire in almost every AoE situation

Well the Fire Mage Shoulders were nerfed into the dust from 10 fireballs/PBs to now THIRTY. I think this is now a DPS loss vs. the standard Belt/Bracer and top of that there was NO final ST Fire adjusted released so far so this is bad.

Frost and Arcane legendaries nerfed too but not the 300% nerf bat the Fire one got. So yah...play you what you want as as what you want is not Fire? haha

lotta st fights in tos
    arcane ftw

Quote Originally Posted by sifting View Post
    lotta st fights in tos
    arcane ftw
    you meant to say frost.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's just insane that fire was one of the top specs and is now most likely again the worst. I remember blizzard specifically saying that if a spec is at the top, they will nerf it very little so it stays quite high but also gets closer to other specs, so players won't have to respec because it got nerfed. Damn blizzard.
    it was so laughable obvious at day1 they will never go well with their stupid spec specialized AW/AP shit. blizz had NEVER get all specs balanced. and it EVER took time. why should they magically can do it now?

it was an absurd obvious failure to go this route. and a LOT of beta testers including myself were aware of that and mentioned it. since day 1.

but Blizzard wouldnt be Blizzard if they didnt go stoic in a wrong direction, listened to players, or even dont do something obvious horrible stupid. thats the Blizzard we all know and hate (at least the few ones of us that didnt stop playing bc of that)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-06-01 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    you meant to say frost.
    1 PTR more like last one and Arcane will have stronger ST ;d

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    1 PTR more like last one and Arcane will have stronger ST ;d
    As it stands now gs is still higher single target than arcane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    As it stands now gs is still higher single target than arcane.
    idd, and afaik so is the TV frost build, just by a significantly lower margin, the recent changes really didnt have an impact on the GS build at all and then factor in the encounters themselves then frost wil still be the better spec by a fairly big margin, only way for arcane to overtake frost as the better spec is if arcane's cleave becomes better than frost's which is not likely to happen but we'll see, a lot of things can happen by the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    We dont know enough because they still havent rolled out any real fixes to PTR but from what we know:

Frost will still be awesome. The chicken littles are doing their best to over blow the TV nerf, but unless you are a double ice lance theorycrafter, you probably wont feel it. In reality land where the rest of us live, it will be a small nerf. And for the 50th percentile player and the beginner, the change might actually result in more TV uptime. With what we know, frost will drop from top3/borderline OP to upper middle of the pack, middle of the pack at worst. Frost will be solid.

Fire will be good, probably. If they ever roll out those promised changes. Will probably be better then Arcane which they have mentioned even less. TBD if "good" means a threat to the middle of the pack specs or a threat to the top dogs.

Based on what we know, we cant say arcane improvements are coming, but i also dont think Arcane needs it as bad as Fire. Probably the status quo for Arcane, which means meh at best, unless in the hands of a skilled player.

Id say stick with Frost, its your best bet based on an educated guess of what we know.

I'm a stubborn fire mage that will probably not be raiding at the mythic level, and so ill be riding fire out for better or worse.
    Wait.. are there people who plays frost that doesnt do double IL? I mean with bl and icy veins and About 20% haste you can stand still close to the boss and get 2 ice lances after every flurry.. the tv change is a nerf, and we wont be using it anymore because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, and afaik so is the TV frost build, just by a significantly lower margin, the recent changes really didnt have an impact on the GS build at all and then factor in the encounters themselves then frost wil still be the better spec by a fairly big margin, only way for arcane to overtake frost as the better spec is if arcane's cleave becomes better than frost's which is not likely to happen but we'll see, a lot of things can happen by the 20th.
    Sim frost again without t19 p2 then sim arcane and add about 5% dps to it. Difference won't be so high.

Sim frost again without t19 p2 then sim arcane and add about 5% dps to it. Difference won't be so high.
    Trusting ptr sims lul. Arcane is also s disgustingly gimmicky spec. You get straight fucked on any movement.

Trusting ptr sims lul. Arcane is also s disgustingly gimmicky spec. You get straight fucked on any movement.
    This is funny to me. I've swapped from Shadow to Arcane and I feel like movement fights are a breeze now thanks to Slipstream.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This is funny to me. I've swapped from Shadow to Arcane and I feel like movement fights are a breeze now thanks to Slipstream.
    It's also in comparison to the other Mage specs, and smuggling missle procs for movement is going to be a dps loss.

It's also in comparison to the other Mage specs, and smuggling missle procs for movement is going to be a dps loss.
    Howso? Sitting on one missile proc during Arcane Power in anticipation of movement and using it just before AP ends if you didn't need it for movement seems like it should be fine.

Maybe on dummy, boss mechanics and arcane are not good friends at all
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Maybe before. It is not so hard to play ahead to save 1 AM proc for movement

Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    We dont know enough because they still havent rolled out any real fixes to PTR but from what we know:

Frost will still be awesome. The chicken littles are doing their best to over blow the TV nerf, but unless you are a double ice lance theorycrafter, you probably wont feel it. In reality land where the rest of us live, it will be a small nerf. And for the 50th percentile player and the beginner, the change might actually result in more TV uptime. With what we know, frost will drop from top3/borderline OP to upper middle of the pack, middle of the pack at worst. Frost will be solid.

Fire will be good, probably. If they ever roll out those promised changes. Will probably be better then Arcane which they have mentioned even less. TBD if "good" means a threat to the middle of the pack specs or a threat to the top dogs.

Based on what we know, we cant say arcane improvements are coming, but i also dont think Arcane needs it as bad as Fire. Probably the status quo for Arcane, which means meh at best, unless in the hands of a skilled player.

Id say stick with Frost, its your best bet based on an educated guess of what we know.

I'm a stubborn fire mage that will probably not be raiding at the mythic level, and so ill be riding fire out for better or worse.
    Meteor leggo seems pretty amazing and I've heard only good things from it that is really boosting fire's dps. I'm sure fire looks better in Tomb than now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Maybe before. It is not so hard to play ahead to save 1 AM proc for movement
    I literally feel handicapped when playing without shimmer
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Meteor leggo seems pretty amazing and I've heard only good things from it that is really boosting fire's dps. I'm sure fire looks better in Tomb than now.
    It got crushed in the last PTR build, number of casts required to trigger meteor increased from 10 to 30. Fire is dead unless it has some throughput increases.