Deleted

Feminist ‘Intersectional quantum physics’ to fight ‘oppression’ of Newton

Feminist researcher invents ‘intersectional quantum physics’ to fight ‘oppression’ of Newton

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32830/

‘Binary and absolute differences’ are ‘exploitative’

A feminist academic affiliated with the University of Arizona has invented a new theory of “intersectional quantum physics,” and told the world about it in a journal published by Duke University Press.

Whitney Stark argues in support of “combining intersectionality and quantum physics” to better understand “marginalized people” and to create “safer spaces” for them, in the latest issue of The Minnesota Review.

Because traditional quantum physics theory has influenced humanity’s understanding of the world, it has also helped lend credence to the ongoing regime of racism, sexism and classism that hurts minorities, Stark writes in “Assembled Bodies: Reconfiguring Quantum Identities.”

A researcher in culture and gender studies at Utrecht University in the Netherlands, Stark also holds an appointment in women’s and gender studies at the University of Arizona through its Institute for LGBT Studies.

She is a member of the Somatechnics Research Network, hosted by UA, whose scholars “reflect on the mutual inextricability of embodiment and technology.”

Stark identifies Newtonian physics as one of the main culprits behind oppression. “Newtonian physics,” she writes, has “separated beings” based on their “binary and absolute differences.”

“This structural thinking of individualized separatism with binary and absolute differences as the basis for how the universe works is embedded in many structures of classification,” according to Stark.

These structures of classification, such as male/female, or living/non-living, are “hierarchical and exploitative” and are thusly “part of the apparatus that enables oppression.”

Therefore, Stark argues in favor of combining intersectionality and quantum physics theory to fight against the imperative to classify people based on hierarchical categories.

‘I, being white, should not be in all spaces’

Stark also argues that the tendency to categorize people has historically hurt activism efforts by small minority groups, since their efforts are often subsumed or overshadowed by dominant identity groups.

The problems that arise when small minority groups are overshadowed by larger identity groups can be seen clearly when considering black feminist history.

“For instance, in many ‘official’ feminist histories of the United States, black/African American women’s organizing and writing are completely unaccounted for before the 1973 creation of the middle-class, professional National Black Feminist Organization,” Stark writes.

This happened because of “the frequent subsuming of intersectional identities under supposedly encompassing meta-identities,” namely, the tendency for black feminist resistance efforts to be subsumed under the broader category of feminism.

Therefore, the efforts of black feminists were often denied legitimacy within the popular press — all due to black women’s classification within binary hierarchies that privileged white women and whiteness, and therefore negated black women’s existence and efforts.

Stark also argues that by “deprioritizing” privileged people, “safer spaces” could be created for minorities. She gives the example of “deprioritizing” herself.

“For instance, I, being white, should not be in all spaces, positions of authority, or meetings,” she said, because her presence could “stall” movements towards progress.

Stark concludes her paper by hoping that the “apparatus that enables oppression” – buoyed by Newtonian physics – shifts towards “less oppressive” power dynamics.

“Hopefully, this alliance can enact ways of valuing [people] differently.”

The article was published in the “Critical Special Focus” section of the journal, which in this issue is devoted to “New Materialist Genealogies.” The Minnesota Review, which is managed out of Virginia Tech, also has a creative-writing section. The editors did not immediately respond to a request for comment on their decision to accept the article for publication.

Stark did not respond to multiple email and Facebook requests for comment from The College Fix. While she does not have any academic training in physics or quantum physics, she did complete a master’s degree in “Cyborg and Post Colonial Theory” at the University of Utrecht.

10+ Year Old Account

What?

EDIT: Ok, after reading that in it's entirety, I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, I have lost brain cells.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

This has to be bullshit, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    People write all sorts of retarded shit in journals though. It doesn't mean it's important, noteworthy, or in any way meaningful.

I read an article in a scholarly journal once in university that claimed Ramasses II won the battle of Kadesh using hyper-advanced chariots pulled by humans.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    I mean, you'd think so. But it's so crazy, it can't be fabricated.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post

What?
    Some random person says some random weird thing. > College Fix: "OMG, librul colleges turn America into commie agerghfjfhjkg" > Xarim bait thread

Move along, citizen. Nothing to see here.

This isn't even that original; we've seen this junk before.

No serious people ever care about this junk, so it's really only good for a laugh. But given who posted this, I suspect that you might actually think this is a big deal or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Dude, didn't you read the story of the black Harvard Student who turned in a rap song for his final and got an "A".

Saying Dr. Seuss level rhymes over a shitty drumbeat is grade "A" level work if you are oppressed enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    These structures of classification, such as male/female, or living/non-living, are “hierarchical and exploitative” and are thusly “part of the apparatus that enables oppression.”
    Fucking zombie oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really just going into gender territory

closing