Deleted

Help! Can you take a look on my logs?

Hi mates, my dps as Frost is not good, can someone take a look on my latest logs and tell me my biggest mistakes?

Link:

warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/thrall/ibormeith

I would really appreciate that.

Beccy

You have better legendaries than me and should easily do more.
    Since you did not specify a log I am going to look at your Chromatic Anamoly kill:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&source=6

Here is my log on this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=20

Build
    You are running 2 talents that seem like a dps increase on single target but in reality they often are not.
    These talents are:
    - Bone chilling, I suggest you swap to lonely winter. It is easier to handle and does more dps.
    - Frozen touch, I suggest you swap to Splitting Ice.
    Make sure you go into a fight with a strong build. Try checking some top ranking mages and see what the popular build like here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...age&spec=Frost
    If in doubt ask around in forums (Altered Time for mages), Mmo or the mage discord to find out what build is nice to use.

Double Ice Lance
    You have a lot less uptime on Icy Veins than I do, 30% vs 40%.
    Even though you have the two BiS legendaries for it with which alone you could achieve 100% icy veins uptime!!! (yes I am jelly)
    This immediately tells me that you are not using the double Ice Lance trick, sadly this is getting killed in the next patch so there is no point into looking into this now but double ice lance is an easy 100k+ dps increase if not more on such a short fight.

Munching
    You are munching a lot of brain freeze and fingers of frost procs. I see you casting a lot of frostbolts while you have brain freeze ready.
    On that fight you had 30 procs but only 20 flurries, means you lost 10 flurries by munching. I do see you followup with Ice Lance after Flurry that is good.

Same thing with Fingers of Frost, I see in logs you are on 3 stacks of FoF quite often. Try to avoid that.
    There is a weakaura out there that displays a 3rd stack of FoF if you need/want to track it.

Opener
    Your opener should be a bit more simple without pet.
    Pre-pot and pre-cast ebonbolt. Make sure to shatter both your frostbolts and ebonbolts with flurry.

Crit / Shattering
    Your crit level is very, very low and I am pretty sure if you would sim your character that crit would even come out way above haste.
    The shattercap is 33,3%, at this amount of crit your shatters are garantueed to crit. The closer you get to 33,3% crit the lower the value of crit becomes in sims.
    I am sitting very close to this cap and in my opener (first 40 sec of bloodlust) I usually get my ice lance to crit between 80-90% of the time. That turns my 500k ice lances into 1000k ice lances. In your log you are sitting on 45%.
    That's quite significant.

There probably are more things but I would start off with these and if you need more info try the sources I mentioned in this post.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2017-06-02 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    See, I was going to just reply and advise to read the guides on Alteredtime.