Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a hobby!

Gaming, of course, is something of a hobby. But I'm looking for a hobby-hobby. Some people paint figures, some collect comics or stamps. That kind of hobby. I've got a couple ideas, but I want to see some suggestions! What do you guys do for hobbies, aside from gaming?

15+ Year Old Account
    My hobbies: jogging, reading, amateur astronomy, running a popular youtube channel.

I used to play piano a lot. I used to play games a lot, too. Don't do much of either nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Basketball. Who isn't impressed by a slam dunk or 3 pointer?

Coding is the best hobby.

It would be nice if you told us your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Coding is the best hobby.

It would be nice if you told us your budget.
    As I am sure the case is with most people- spending as little money as possible is always best.

That being said, I don't necessarily have a budget. I'm well off and can save if things start push into the expensive side of hobby-ing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    As I am sure the case is with most people- spending as little money as possible is always best.

That being said, I don't necessarily have a budget. I'm well off and can save if things start push into the expensive side of hobby-ing.
    Try craft beer - alcoholism made into a hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, what kind of hobby are you looking for? Something to nibble your fingers with at home? Online thing? Outdoor thing? Physical thing? Is traveling a possibility or something you want?

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me, a person should have three hobbies: one for the mind, one for the body and one for the soul.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Try craft beer - alcoholism made into a hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, what kind of hobby are you looking for? Something to nibble your fingers with at home? Online thing? Outdoor thing? Physical thing? Is traveling a possibility or something you want?

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me, a person should have three hobbies: one for the mind, one for the body and one for the soul.

Really just any hobby. I've reached a point where I don't see my gaming or writing as a hobby anymore (sadly D:!). And I feel a void left in that realization. So I'm looking for something(s) new to branch out into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn an instrument, i started playing the drums when i was 9, and i'm still going strong at 20, it's great fun.

Deleted
    Drones/Drone Racing.

Yes it can get expensive, yes there is a bunch of boring regs&laws depending on your country but the community surrounding it is quite accepting as it's a new fledgling hobby.

There's the repair/maintenance side of it as well, good fun.

Buy a Polaroid camera like in Life is Strange.

My first love for a hobby, and always will be, is playing guitar. I always have a guitar next to me, especially at my desk. I mainly play electric guitar, and it's always cool to be playing here and there while I'm on some boring grinds or waiting in group finder.

i also love riding BMX and road bikes.

Drones were suggested but I'd say RC in general, why limit yourself.

I've been into models since primary school and always wanted them to fly. Time goes by plastic models were abandoned, other things were more important. Until few years ago when I decided to finally get what I always wanted. Bought electric RC Heli, 450 class (700 mm main rotor dia, so not a small toy and not a large killer model, something in between). At first it was hard with assembly, setup and learning to fly. But it's a hobby - you spend most of the time tinkering with it than actual flying.

Later I bought RC race truck (Traxxas Slash), 1/10th scale, 4x4 electric. Had it for nearly 2 years. Awesome truck to race on rough terrain. But due to lack of space to run it I sold it and switched to RC crawling: heavy terrain, roots, sand, mud... Got Axial Jeep Wrangler, another electric 4x4. Not fast at all (in current setup) but plenty of power, drives slowly but steadily. Perfect for take it, go to forest, drive for a half of an hour to an hour and go back. Right now I'm making my own body.

And I'm also making my own drone. Heli is one thing, I'm not into planes much (no place to fly those) so I decided to have a drone. Got all parts, now designing the frame.

True - RC hobby isn't cheap, especially the flying one. One crash and you are lots of $ behind. But there are options. Instead of pricey Align (heli manufacturer) you can have cheaper CopterX - looks the same, flies the same, lacks "the Brand". Instead RTF (ready to fly version) you can search for your own electronics which will make things cheaper. Your radio controller - doesn't have to be top model of Futaba or Spektrum; Turnigy or Taranis are great radios for starters.

As for ground RCs - you can get original Traxxas or Axial, RTR (ready to run) with all things, just put batteries and off you go. You can get kits for assembly and custom fitting. You can buy used ones and make your own car/truck. Want a drifter? Speedy car that goes 100 mph? Or maybe lifelike lorry truck? If you really want you can actually build your own truck from scratch. Take 2 most common axles, design drive train, slap motor and suspension, make body and it's done. It' time consuming, money consuming (according to your desire, cheap scratch build or top shelf stuff going into hundreds of $ per item) and amazingly fun. A hobby.

Gaming, of course, is something of a hobby. But I'm looking for a hobby-hobby. Some people paint figures, some collect comics or stamps. That kind of hobby. I've got a couple ideas, but I want to see some suggestions! What do you guys do for hobbies, aside from gaming?
    My hobbies including gaming, tennis, and being an auto enthusiast.

Tennis is kinda self explanatory, it's a fun physical activity that you can play and enjoy well into your senior life. Doesn't take very much at all to get into or get decent at it. Tennis people are very friendly.

Auto enthusiasm is fun because you can learn valuable skills and if you want to take it to the next level amateur racing is incredibly fun (while also being incredibly expensive).

Mineral collecting. Minerals are fascinating and beautiful, it's amazing what nature can produce.

Deleted
    I don't count different types of exercise as it's needed for the job. I travel, visit museums, look at different forms of art and enjoy good wine/food. But I also really enjoy trekking and outdoor climbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hobbies:

Drawing/painting, reading, I collect some stuff, I like doing amateur astronomy and I have a telescope that needs some TLC.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep doing sit-ups, push-ups, and squats until you can one punch kill anything.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

To my point, hobby only interesting for Immortals ...

Pick up a sport, teach yourself a science, or learn an art.

Depends how your body is holding up. I'm terrible, but I like golf. If you don't like golf, I also like frisbee golf.

Teaching myself anatomy (borrowing an old grey's and an antique grant's from my dad) since I've been bored and I've been debating on whether or not to take my MCADS. My dad has been teaching himself geology for the past few years because there's so much to see around the property he bought a while ago that he spends a few months a year at. Dunno if learning is your bag.

I'm not an artist, so I don't know shit about that. Unless you count woodworking, made a desk for myself and a table for my sister this year because I was bored again.

I'm not big on the "collect shit" type of hobbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I recently started building Gundam models and I really enjoy it. I just got an airbrush a few weeks ago and have just started painting them.