Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Developer Q&A - Lead Encounter Designer Morgan Day

See the front page for the recap.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-06-01 at 07:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i have 1 question for the blizzard devs

why cant we have flame leviathan, gun ship, and malygos fights back!?
    the first bosses of raids are allways made to be very easy, and so are vehicle fights, why cant we have a vehicle fight in the first 1/4 of a raid, every other raid or so? i miss them so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

the first bosses of raids are allways made to be very easy, and so are vehicle fights, why cant we have a vehicle fight in the first 1/4 of a raid, every other raid or so? i miss them so much...
    what...I...I dont even... NO! good god no!

Deleted

Because such vehicles fights were considered major shit when they were in raids. Hence we dont have such fights anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Because such vehicles fights were considered major shit when they were in raids. Hence we dont have such fights anymore.
    Considered by whom? The vocal minority? We have already proven that at least a single person enjoyed them, two if you include myself.

Flame Leviathan was awesome when it was current,I loved riding around on the bikes and pulling things back to the tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Considered by whom? The vocal minority? We have already proven that at least a single person enjoyed them, two if you include myself.
    Obviously enought people to make Blizzard stop designing terrible vehicle fights.

is this interview scripted? it's like i'm listening to someone lie under oath to congress

We can view the content on video?!
    Does this guy understand how video games work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    How about you get fucking good if you want to see the story for yourself? don't feel like raiding mythic? Then just google it too see what happens.
    Best part of video game, git gud or watch on google. Priceless. And people asks why there is hard to find fresh blood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighammerbear View Post
    We can view the content on video?!
    Does this guy understand how video games work?
    Or get good at the game and see it first hand? I'm not good enough to beat N+ Dark Souls, doesn't mean I can't watch someone do it. Ugh, mmo players like you are frustrating my god.

They were hated by a lot of people (not me). Their problem with those fights was that you had to quickly read all the abilities when you got in the vehicle. When this was on a harder difficulty, it proved to be an annoying and mostly unnecessary challenge.
    This wasn't a problem on flame leviathan because you had the vehicle from the start of the raid and cleared thrash with it. Though on Amber Shaper for example, you were randomly transformed mid fight. The malygos fight basically had the same problem.

They could do it if they did it like in Ulduar, where you have a vehicle while clearing thrash and up to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Or get good at the game and see it first hand? I'm not good enough to beat N+ Dark Souls, doesn't mean I can't watch someone do it. Ugh, mmo players like you are frustrating my god.
    Does NG+ have special story content only available on NG+?

- - - Updated - - -

We don't want fresh blood if they act like entitled millennials.

I honestly couldn't give a shit less if all noobs could fuck off tbh.
    Yes, lets wow player base alienate new players. This way they can make wow shutdown eventually. Another priceless gem of wisdom. Keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Does NG+ have special story content only available on NG+?
    Sometimes there's added story yes, your point?

I wonder what it will actually take for them to finally remove the 20 man requirement from Mythic. There's no reason they can't tune it for 15 people or scale between 15 and 25 or something -- and don't give me the "but but but 20 man means they can tune the mechanics exactly to those people!!!!!!!" yeah let me tell you about tichondrius always putting out 2 brands no matter how many people you bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Sometimes there's added story yes, your point?
    The story and events in New Game+ are identical to New Game http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/New_Game_Plus

Uhuh...

Point - it is a dick move to gate story behind hardest difficulty possible in game.

Just ignore him dude, he wants easy free shit on tourist mode.
    That some nice projection you have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    The story and events in New Game+ are identical to New Game http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/New_Game_Plus

Uhuh...

Point - it is a dick move to gate story behind hardest difficulty possible in game.
    well, If I was a dick, i would say either get better or use youtube. You will beat the mythic bosses eventually, it just might not be in the current patch. We have killed guldan literally yesterday, but we never saw a reason to complain about stuff, that guilds managed to do months ago, lets be happy those mythic only phases arent available only during cutting edge windows and dont disappear when the tier is over, so you can see it on your own pace

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, it's completely apparent who here has played during vanilla/tbc and who started after wrath... the game drew in the most amount of players when the game had content that not everyone was able to see. Having extra phases and mythic specific story lines is perfectly fine, it's not alienating anyone, it's rewarding those who actually put the effort in. As stated it's 100% fine to either A)put in the effort or B) pull up YouTube. When the game was in it's finest state only what 10% or less of the player base raided? Those crying that this makes new players not want to play have no idea what it's like to actually want to try at something and get a reward. When the sense of true progression and advancment is lost that is where the game starts leaking subs.

Fixed 20 man Mythic raiding is not working well. Guilds are breaking up all over the place because they cannot compete with the recruitment boss. it's time to go down to a smaller raid size.