variant cover comic books

So I've just recently fallen down the comic book collection rabbit hole and have a question for those of you who do collect. What is your opinion on variant covers? Do you collect them? Do you keep them in with your non variant boxes? Bought my first one today at the comic book shop. It's an All-New Wolverine issue #1. I know it's not likely that newer comics will be worth money anytime soon but how do you guys handle variant covers? Do you keep them separate from your boxes?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I rarely buy physical issues any longer so I don't have as much to input, but when I do buy one it's because there's a particular cover (whether normal or variant) that I'd really like to have and possibly hang on the wall. Recently that was the lenticular covers for Batman and Flash #s 21-22.

So I suppose my suggestion is to not buy them for investment reasons, but rather because you like the actual art of the cover. It seems very rare any longer that alternate covers have any greater intrinsic value.
    Yeah the guy had 2 variant covers for this series issue 1. It's crazy because I couldn't get the regular cover anywhere within 2 hours of me. Unless i ordered online.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano