Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Let's do it other way around. Show the evidence, that Frost is better in AoE than Arcane. And cut this crap already...
    It goes either way. Whoever makes a claim, they better be able to show something to back it up. I can't (or don't want to) so I'm not arguing either way - I only argue about methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Without pretending to know which spec is actually better, that methodology right there seems to be the REASON we are having these discussions. "Oh come on everyone KNOWS it's like this" just doesn't fly as an argument. If you have a claim, back it up with evidence. Gut feelings and 'common knowledge' aren't exactly convincing, and it's not unreasonable at all for people to ask for tangible, objective facts.
    And that's not even going into the whole "if you disagree it means you suck" line that is hinted at here as well, which I'm sure most people can agree is both toxic and utterly unhelpful.
    There's already thousand of logs already up for your viewing. I wouldn't say fire is the best single target because that's obviously not true, frost is. Would I need to post "backup" for that?

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    There's already thousand of logs already up for your viewing. I wouldn't say fire is the best single target because that's obviously not true, frost is. Would I need to post "backup" for that?
    In some form, yes, though in that particular case just pointing out the number of logs available would be enough. However for the given scenario of M+ here it's not that simple since there aren't just thousands of logs and ranking readily available for each spec - hence the whole problem. The more outside the easily proven norm your claim, the more important it is you provide proof.