Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    So with 5 seconds, what does that potentially look like? 2LS, 1LS & 2W, 3W, or just a combo of what we have empowered plus moon? I imagine with lust or certain procs getting 2LS and a 1W in is doable.
    Trying to list out every combination when considering empowerments and all the other variable haste procs would be a waste of time, we'd be here all day. All you need to know is that the new duration makes it so you shouldn't ever be dropping the buff in a 100% uptime encounter.

  2. #22
    You think LSx2 and SW is doable with latency? With empowered my cast times are at LS1.78 W1.07, at those up for 2LS & 1SW and I get 4.63 seconds, doable in a perfect world, but is that doable with latency?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    You think LSx2 and SW is doable with latency? With empowered my cast times are at LS1.78 W1.07, at those up for 2LS & 1SW and I get 4.63 seconds, doable in a perfect world, but is that doable with latency?
    Latency is a non issue due to the custom lag tolerance setting. However 4.63 seconds is undoable because you are not factoring in the GCD from starsurge.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Latency is a non issue due to the custom lag tolerance setting. However 4.63 seconds is undoable because you are not factoring in the GCD from starsurge.
    ah, ok ok.

  5. #25
    I agree, but the ilvl # was mentioned earlier as something you'd be unable to obtain good hastelvls for ED with
    Hell my blood dk alt was 903 ilvl b4 doing his first 10+ mythic xD
    Wish I had that luck with tf's on my druid.. 1 wf out of 10ish relinquished items, my dk has gotten 1 wf 8 tf and one single nonforged item.

  6. #26
    I wonder what will happen w/ that weak aura that displays what you can cast between SS depending on current haste value. I guess it will be a nightmare to adjust it to new 5 sec window.

  7. #27
    Yes from testing on the ptr with 32% haste and no procs, 250 ms lag tolerance I have tested 2xLS + Sw and it works. The rotation is actually defined and can be fully writen out, its just so long before it starts repeating to write out

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    if you say so. good luck getting 30% haste with 875 ilvl . feel strong for arguing for no sake now ?
    getting 30% haste at 875ilvlv is actually easier then at higher ilvls because of crafted gear, which can roll pure haste.

  9. #29
    Merged threads.
    <Adorable> - OCE 16, US 93
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

    Boomkin Theorycrafting (updated for 7.2.5) -- linky

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxdye View Post
    having tested quite a few bosses now I think OI/IFE will come out ahead. Theres just an absurd amount of movement going on in ToS, i honestly think a lot of ranged casters will burn out this tier.
    this is the general consensus i've seen going around. Even on live it pulls ahead of ED + IFE, even for Single Target encounters. I only just got IFE today so thank god, but they will be the two legendaries i will head into ToS equipped with, and make changes based on shortfalls i might notice in my raid team, or my own performance.

  11. #31
    Are we supposed to be using an actual rotation now with the new 5 second window on ED?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxdye View Post
    Opener, double SS, LS x 2 + SW, SS, SW x 2 + LS x SW, SS, LS + SW + NM, SS, SS, LS x2 + SW, SS, SW x2 + LS, SS, LS + HM etc etc it can keep going as long as u plan it well, u can always full moon between buff so of u never move should be 100% uptime and empowerments always spent.
    Currently offshore with very limited bandwidth its even hard to pull up a web page,
    much less even trying to login to wow.
    SO my question would be this ...

    Wearing ED ofc as my only legendary

    SL/Inc/BotA/NB -- standard single-target build.

    -3.0 Pot + Solar Wrath
    -1.5 New Moon
    0.0 Moonfire
    1.5 Sunfire
    Incarnation/Celestial Alignment
    Half Moon
    Full Moon
    double SS,
    LS x 2 + SW,
    SS,
    SW x 2 + LS x SW,
    SS,
    LS + SW + NM,
    double SS,
    LS x2 + SW,
    SS,
    SW x2 + LS,
    SS,
    LS + HM
    double SS,
    LS x 2 + SW,
    SS,
    SW x 2 + LS x SW,
    SS,
    SW + NM,
    double SS,
    LS x 2 + SW,
    SS,
    SW x 2 + LS x SW,
    SS,
    LS + SW + NM,
    double SS,
    LS x2 + SW,
    SS,
    SW x2 + LS,
    SS,
    LS + HM
    rinse and repeat ...

    Will this be a doable senario? I have maybe 3 months playtime all together and desperately
    trying to learn my class, hell i didnt even know we had a specific rotation for ED till as of
    late, I been doing ALOT of reading especially here, pinned post from discord and what not,
    any advice or direction you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. i do hope i am on the
    right track finally because believe me when i tell you i been banging my head against the wall,
    desk or any other hard surface I can to try and maximize my DPS output as it is not where i should
    be at all.

  13. #33
    Even if above rotation is doable (to remember and to perfect it), it is only doable at a dummy. In any fight that is worth using ED, you will never be able to stand still for so long. Even in a fight like Krossus or Goroth, you still have to move.

    It is much easier to use IFE+OI. The trouble is not worth the dps gain for 99% of the moonkins out there. Maybe if you are at the edge like Gebuz (I watched him stream and boy he plays) squeezing that %1-%2 dps is worth for you.

    Since you don't have any other legendary, use this for pure stats, dont try bothering maxing the output because you will lose a lot more trying to make it happen. Just max AP, StarsurgeS, and do whatever you can to keep the buff up until you have to move. Then restart once you stop.

    This legendary was OP on the day it was born giving a 10 AP reduction with 2 stacks in a 3 sec window. Those were the days. First it is gutted to 7 and since only few were able to use it properly, it became what it is today. With only 5AP reduction per stack, there is no way to keep it 100% except on a dummy and when you are connected direct to Blizzard servers. (<50 ms) (yeah you can compansate for it by adjusting custom lag tolerance and adjusting your play style but whatever) Then again, for you it will not make a difference if you can do (lets be generous) 50k dps more.

    Trying to keep your dots up, learning to move and cast with Starfall, dotting while you have to move will net you much much more dps.

  14. #34
    Also you cant use 4 t20 2 t19 pieces with ED.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    ED + OI or IFE +4p is ~1-2% dps ahead of OI/IFE +6p, but takes significantly more attention to play, and loses as soon as you add extra targets or movement that causes your ED buff to drop.

    ED is a great option if you do not have OI/IFE, as the gap between those 3 and #4 is huge on ST, but If you have OI and IFE I would recommend using them over ED in pretty much every situation.
    This from Gebuz. You can take his word on it. He talks the talk and walks the walk. But sadly its your only legendary so stick to it but don't go apeshit on it and expect it to increase your dps by far margin. At best its a singe target legendary and about %90 of the encounters be it raid or M+ are multitarget. And light a candle/pray or do whatever for OI and/or IFE.
    Last edited by silkworm; 2017-07-21 at 10:34 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Even if above rotation is doable (to remember and to perfect it), it is only doable at a dummy. In any fight that is worth using ED, you will never be able to stand still for so long. Even in a fight like Krossus or Goroth, you still have to move.
    Even if you can, there's a good chance you'll pull early with that SW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •