So isn't playing frost and unholy like night and day?

It so hard to decide which to use. I don't care about dps% I am referring to fun and such.

Does the pet management of the unholy make it a far more complex spec in the long term?

I guess there are a ton more buttons to use, more decisions to make as unholy.

I guess both seem formidable in pvp but a strategic unholy DK may have a lot more tricks up their sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    It so hard to decide which to use. I don't care about dps% I am referring to fun and such.

Does the pet management of the unholy make it a far more complex spec in the long term?

I guess there are a ton more buttons to use, more decisions to make as unholy.

I guess both seem formidable in pvp but a strategic unholy DK may have a lot more tricks up their sleeve?
    As far as I know Frost is pretty shit in PvP at the moment. Imagine playing a slowly moving tank except it has no armour and also no weapons. Have fun cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    As far as I know Frost is pretty shit in PvP at the moment. Imagine playing a slowly moving tank except it has no armour and also no weapons. Have fun cheers mate
    So,basically like blood except it actually deals damage and actually has more mitigation(seriously,that +25% damage taken for blood is just unfair)? :3

As Unholy, there is only pet management in PVP where you can use your ghoul to leap/stun/corpse shield. It really feels like you have a nice toolkit to play with and yes it is more complexe than frost

If you PVP, definitely go with unholy

PVE wise, Imho BoS has been a really fun build to play with trough NH, but after so much farming it is currently very boring because you have 1 single setup that is the best for every single situation.
    It is very frustating when you need to move out of the melee range during a BoS because you loose more DPS than Unholy for example, since your global DPS is very tied to theses few BoS uptime during the fight (iss one breath and you will know about it). Wich is currently ok because as a melee we pretty much have nothing to do in NH, but going into ToS things might change.

I like both DPS spec, but i really hope than PVE wise, Unholy will be the shit for ToS: The T20 is so cool, there is much more talents choice and you can do mechanics without loosing that much DPS

I guess since the 1k or so AP I have gotten while leveling I should stay frost till 110 then try both out?

Seems like trying to catch up while leveling would be counter productive. I am 105 now closing in on 106

Really?I PvP as Frost and i don't have such problems.Damage is good and i don't need mobility since i can take away from those who have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Really?I PvP as Frost and i don't have such problems.Damage is good and i don't need mobility since i can take away from those who have it.
    What's your highest rating this season?

What's your highest rating this season?
    Casual pvper.Random bgs and Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Seems like trying to catch up while leveling would be counter productive. I am 105 now closing in on 106
    At this point in Legion it's absolutely counterproductive, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Casual pvper.Random bgs and Arenas.
    Yeahl, well if you're playing unranked it's okay I guess. Just don't expect to be competetive.

the only reason to play a spec is how much dps it can bring to a raid... Fun and playing wow should not be in the same sentence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCapozzi View Post
    I like both DPS spec, but i really hope than PVE wise, Unholy will be the shit for ToS: The T20 is so cool, there is much more talents choice and you can do mechanics without loosing that much DPS
    Yeah that mindset needs to die... However Unholy has been "shit" all Legion, except the first 2-3 weeks of EN.
    However I'm not gonna reroll Frost, I find it boring, and also, legendaries, Concordance.

I like unholy but need to give frost a fair shake. I've just never found much fun in Breath or Oblit spam - which is what frost really has at this point.

Unholy you can ignore your pet management - for the most part anyway - and the class theme of being a badass necromancer in plate spreading chaos and disease behind you is pretty strong. So I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Yeah that mindset needs to die... However Unholy has been "shit" all Legion, except the first 2-3 weeks of EN.
    However I'm not gonna reroll Frost, I find it boring, and also, legendaries, Concordance.
    What mindset ? Liking both DPS specs and wanting to play both from time to time ? Any player doing mythic progression has been playing frost for 5 months now, sorry for being hipped about being able to switch spec and get some fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Shit = bad
    "THE shit" = amazing.

Unholy is more complex and provides less damage numbers than Frost within similar item lvs. There is no debating this statement.

Having said that, I am OS unholy whenever I want to dps instead of tanking on my DK. I prefer the bit of complexity compared to oblit spam that frost has become.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    the only reason to play a spec is how much dps it can bring to a raid... Fun and playing wow should not be in the same sentence
    Depends on your guild.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.