Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ariana Grande concert in tribute to Manchester attack

Will you be watching and supporting?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-ariana-grande

Ariana Grande will perform “with greater purpose” at the concert in tribute to the victims of the Manchester bombing, her manager has said after overnight attacks in London.

Scott “Scooter” Braun, who runs the management company SB Project, said he and Grande “feel a sense of responsibility to honour those lost, injured and affected. We plan to honour them with courage, bravery and defiance in the face of fear. Today’s One Love Manchester benefit concert will not only continue, but will do so with greater purpose.”

About 55,000 people are expected to attend concert at Emirates Old Trafford cricket ground on Sunday.

Greater Manchester police confirmed the concert would go ahead with even tighter security following the overnight attacks at London Bridge and Borough Market in which at least seven people were killed and 48 injured.

A global TV audience of hundreds of millions from more than 50 countries is expected for the event, which will be screened on BBC1 from 6.55pm on Sunday.

The concert, which will also feature 10 other artists, including Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Take That, has been arranged at lightning speed, less than two weeks after the attack that killed 22 people at Grande’s Manchester Arena.

How Ariana Grande became an unlikely pop hero: ‘We are not objects. We are queens’
    Read more
    Pop stars, football clubs and police all dropped their plans so that the event could go ahead. It will be filmed by the BBC and aired live on major networks from Brazil to the United States and China to Australia.

Their efforts mean that 55,000 people, including more than 10,000 who were at the original gig, will gather at the Emirates Old Trafford cricket ground to watch Grande perform for the first time since the attacks.

“It’s been like putting on Live Aid in a week,” one of the organisers told the Observer. “I’ve never known an event of this magnitude to be pulled together in such a short amount of time.”

The idea for the benefit concert came from Grande, who told her manager, Braun, three days after the attack that she wanted to do something to support the victims.

Braun got in touch with Melvin Benn, the managing director of Festival Republic, which runs Latitude and the Leeds and Reading music festivals.

“The idea to host this event came from Ariana,” Benn told Billboard magazine. “She was very traumatised after the attack but it was very important to her to support the victims and show a level of defiance that stands up to this bloodlust and tells the terrorists that they are not going to stop us.”

Over the weekend Braun set about building an attention-grabbing line-up, starting with Coldplay, who were due to start their European tour next week.

Will not watch but i think it's a good move, the terrorists will feel like the things they do are for nothing, aka they die for nothing like the pussies they are.

The crusaders live on like normal, their words lol all those crusader children they blew up.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-06-04 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that there will be enough security for this event. This will be a big target.

I'm watching the stream of this right now. I loved the black eyed peas but didn't care for Miley's ugly face being there.

Be kinda funny if this one is bombed too.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-06-04 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    How would that be funny?

How would that be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    How would that be funny?
    Jinx! /10charmanders

Yeah iam sure seeing more children nail bombed would be hilarious!!!!!

Deleted
    Fuck off with shit like that cancerous edgelord

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-04 at 10:37 PM.

Holy shit you people are sensitive. I guess ironic is a better word.

"oh i'm sorry that people bombed my last concert. Time to charge people for another one!"

"Sensitive" when you claim it would be funny that it would be bombed and people would die. I don't think people are sensitive, but you have a twisted sense of humour

have a kid, then you'll understand why making fun of kids being blown up is not funny in any way.

Damn SJWs not finding it funny when kids die! The country is just too sensitive these days.

I will be supporting her... She has a beautiful voice and not only that but this cause sends out a beautiful and strong message.

100% support this.

??? How could you write such a disgusting thing. It's maybe only funny in your head. Humour shouldn't be one-sided... Innocent children and adults died. You should be ashamed for mocking something like that.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-06-04 at 08:23 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    "oh i'm sorry that people bombed my last concert. Time to charge people for another one!"
    Yeah, if she did this cheaper I'd be all aboard, but it feels like she's feeding on the PR of a bombing to sell more tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    have a kid, then you'll understand why making fun of kids being blown up is not funny in any way.
    Saying you need a kid to understand that is pretty stupid, he's just being an edgy kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Saying you need a kid to understand that is pretty stupid, he's just being an edgy kid.
    actually it's not..as much as i also thought people who said that were full of shit having a kid changes your perception of the world in an indescribable way.

What channel is it on in the USA?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    That's not how benefit concerts work...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah, if she did this cheaper I'd be all aboard, but it feels like she's feeding on the PR of a bombing to sell more tickets.
    The performers are performing for free so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    Beta Club Brosquad