Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    That's a nice gesture, but I still do not respect her for her Anti-American opinion. Remember when she licked those unpurchased donuts and said "I hate Americans" and "I hate America."

BTW...Is she donating ALL the proceeds to the victims and their families?

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot think of a single reason why anyone with any sense would oppose this.

The artists are doing it for free. The money they are donating surely more than offsets whatever tax related costs would be incurred by the city.

And, it's a great thing to do for the victims, their friends, their family, and their community. This is exactly the sorts of response that should be encouraged -- not nit picked to death by people who apparently are so jaded they see a hidden agenda around every corner.

And...yes...sure...the artists will get good publicity and increase their public image, probably resulting in increased music sales. So what? Good for them. They should be rewarded for doing a good deed since they aren't charging for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I cannot think of a single reason why anyone with any sense would oppose this.

The artists are doing it for free. The money they are donating surely more than offsets whatever tax related costs would be incurred by the city.

And, it's a great thing to do for the victims, their friends, their family, and their community. This is exactly the sorts of response that should be encouraged -- not nit picked to death by people who apparently are so jaded they see a hidden agenda around every corner.

And...yes...sure...the artists will get good publicity and increase their public image, probably resulting in increased music sales. So what? Good for them. They should be rewarded for doing a good deed since they aren't charging for the show.
    Because it isn't just a reactionary benefit concert in response to a tragedy, and maybe or maybe not it goes far above Grande's pay grade (do pop stars even book their own events? they're under contract to perform for their agency and record companies). Maybe it's just because it happened during a pop concert that this is being done. I don't know the answer, not saying I know the answer either, but I'm damned to my opinion that there is a motive behind this that isn't just for raising money (and they're going to raise millions and millions of dollars split between the families of 22 victims?).

Jaded isn't the word for me, skeptical is. Much love and support for those 22 families in tragedy, but this concert just reeks of using tragedy and turmoil to promote a far-left agenda. It'd make me sick if it were the case. Where was the benefit concert in Nice? Orlando? San Bernardino? Fuck... where was the benefit concert for the Paris attack that killed A HUNDRED people?

It stinks of virtue signaling and using a terrorist attack to promote accepting multiculturalism and refugees. Which AFTER a terrorist attack, is the exact kind of bullshit I've come to expect from corporations. The NRA does BS publicity events following school shootings that smell oddly similar to this. Hm.

And unlike KrazyK up there, I'm approaching this bipartisan and I'm absolutely not some alt-reich shitlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Because it isn't just a reactionary benefit concert in response to a tragedy, and maybe or maybe not it goes far above Grande's pay grade (do pop stars even book their own events? they're under contract to perform for their agency and record companies). Maybe it's just because it happened during a pop concert that this is being done. I don't know the answer, not saying I know the answer either, but I'm damned to my opinion that there is a motive behind this that isn't just for raising money (and they're going to raise millions and millions of dollars split between the families of 22 victims?).

Jaded isn't the word for me, skeptical is. Much love and support for those 22 families in tragedy, but this concert just reeks of using tragedy and turmoil to promote a far-left agenda. It'd make me sick if it were the case. Where was the benefit concert in Nice? Orlando? San Bernardino? Fuck... where was the benefit concert for the Paris attack that killed A HUNDRED people?

It stinks of virtue signaling and using a terrorist attack to promote accepting multiculturalism and refugees. Which AFTER a terrorist attack, is the exact kind of bullshit I've come to expect from corporations. The NRA does BS publicity events following school shootings that smell oddly similar to this. Hm.

And unlike KrazyK up there, I'm approaching this bipartisan and I'm absolutely not some alt-reich shitlord.
    That says a lot more about you, than anyone else. The Arena is a venue basically anyone from Manchester, myself included, has been to for one reason or another, on many many occasions. It quite literally could have been anyone from the city involved. They put this together inside a fortnight, this is what this city does - we're world renowned for being a musical city. Just because no one else did it doesn't mean this was somehow some kind of conspiracy.

Also, she's looking to make it annual: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ID=FB-MEN-main
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-05 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That says a lot more about you, than anyone else.

Also, she's looking to make it annual: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ID=FB-MEN-main
    Yup, its a lot of supposition bullshit with nothing to back it up, warbling on about virtue signalling and accepting multiculturalism and refugees and pushing "far left agenda" and ascribing some nebulous motive to raising money for charity that not even the reactionary himself can figure out, so he just leaves nefariously vague and pats himself on the back for it.

None of which actually happened if said reactionary bothered to actually watch even 10 minutes of the event, but there you go. Its easier to be outraged over false information than to realize that your reactionary bullshit is exactly that, reactionary bullshit.

Pretending that kind of dumbassery is bipartisan skepticism is a joke. Unless talking about how the victims will be in their thoughts or how they're raising money for Manchester is now suddenly agenda-driven. And if you believe that is the case, the problem lies with you, not with anybody else. You've transcended into an insane paranoiac.

It'd be great if this was an annual thing. They could bring in new artists/bands and raise money for victims of terrorist attacks around the world. MUH MULTICULTURALISM!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-05 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    If no one is getting hurt. why the hell not.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    That's a nice gesture, but I still do not respect her for her Anti-American opinion. Remember when she licked those unpurchased donuts and said "I hate Americans" and "I hate America."

BTW...Is she donating ALL the proceeds to the victims and their families?
    Them and the red cross in Manchester.

And not that it really matters, since fanatical devotion to your country is dangerous and stupid, but I think she apologized for those events and said she was acting like a dumbass child. But, once again, who really gives a damn since that's wholly irrelevant to what actually is being discussed.

Deleted
    I'm really disappointed at people wrongfully accusing the people for doing this for themselves