Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So many people in this thread seem to agree that Saudi Arabia supports terrorism. Do people remember, though, that the US, just now, is selling weapons to the Saudis? Where do people think those weapons go, if the Saudis are supplying terrorists?

If country X sells weapons to country Y, and country Y then funds and supplies terrorists, what does that make country X? Complicit?
    While I do agree that selling weapons to Saudis is not wise ( well actually it's really dumb), I also acknowledge the following:
    - They can't operate or maintain most of these weapons without direct US involvement ( ie permission).
    - less money at their hands, better for our security.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tell that to East Timor and Yoruba
    Yea, the - * - part was about current time, I should have explained further.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I'm sorry mate but that's not Al-Jazeera propaganda. Aljazeera is owned by Qatar and are big buddies with Qaeda and Iran, so no they wouldn't do such propaganda believe me. I see that the Qatar money paid the think tanks here in the US has paid off though. Qatar/Iran support all the terrorist organizations of the world. They control both end of the spectrum and bargain as the only ones who could offer a solution while creating conflicts that allows them to interfere. It's politics 101: create turmoil, conflict and chaos so you can gain a foot hold with money and militias.

ISIS is the best thing Iran came up with, allowing it to obliterate Iraq and form their own military there while ALL cities captured by ISIS were "ops we had no army defending the city!" which makes you wonder where the fuck was the Iraqi army (which is controlled by Iran) and why did they leave so much arms in the hand of ISIS. Of course the Iraqi army comes to "liberate" those cities later by destroying them and kicking its citizens out as part of a systematic sectarian cleansing while letting terrorist escape miraculously.
    Ok, you have literally no knowledge on the region.
    Al-Jazeera is supported by Iran? Fuck me you are ignorant.
    Why would Iran come up with ISIS to destabilise a country which was practically being ran by Tehran?
    Iran benefits from turmoil in the region? Are you kidding me? If you look around, groups that Iran support all around the region are usually oppressed majorities. Stability and democracy would benefit them, not turmoil .... ( Also Iran is the biggest and least oil dependent economy in ME, turmoil only damages industry based economies but helps oil based ones.)
    Are Saudis following Russians in hiring internet trolls these days?

- - - Updated - - -

Shiites live in gulf countries and are a significant portion of the population and have been for a long while in much MUCH better shape than how Sunnis live in Iran (they don't live basically, they die). Sadly, Iran have succeeded in recruiting some of them to introduce turmoil but wisely gulf countries didn't take the bait and instead increased the quality of life in Shiite areas. Things didn't go that well in Bahrain though as most of the Shiites there have Persian origin and were strongly liable to recruitment by Iran unlike the Shiites in other Arab nations that have Arabian roots and less susceptible to Iranian recruitment.
    You are detached from reality.
    Sunni people maybe under some pressure in Iran but atleast they have their own representatives in Senate and state councils and government. They actually vote. You know, that thing no one does in gulf nations.
    Again, I'm not bashing Sunnis, but bashing the authoritarian dictatorships of gulf nations which supports terrorism and commits religious discrimination. And that is a prooven fact.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah the Saudis are squeaky clean rofl.

Remind me, what country was Osama and most of the 9/11 hijackers from again? Oh yeah, our dear old friend and ally Saudi Arabia...
    I know this? I often laugh at the fact the UN made them a Human Rights leader. I also said "SOME" of those Countries. I'm Glad Egypt Is furthering themselves from these other kind of countries since it actually made me feel sick seeing footage of some Islamic followers destroying ancient historic sites and items throughout Egypt.

I bet everything on the fact that USA told them to do so. I am one hundred percent sure.

Umm I don't think you understand. Iran wants a big militia under its control in every country it puts its hands on. They can't do that in times of peace so turmoil is needed. Oppressed groups like Alqaeda? Where it gives shelters and passports to them? Or groups like Assad and Hizbulla who are killing Syrians because it seems Assad and Hizbulla are oppressed majority? The turmoil in Iraq was SUPERB for Iran. They were able to destroy all sunni cities, kill ton of them, kick them out of their cities making them refugees while building their militia army that's great for the cause. Finally they are done with Sunnis doing demonstrations against their dictator puppet Maliki who was treating them like dogs. Now there are happy with Sunnis being obliterated and living like scattered refugees. How are they supporting the "oppressed"? Ha? Supporting the Hothi rebels to do overthrow the first democratically elected government in Yemen? You're delusional.
    Really, go read up on middle East. You make as much sense as a frog flying with the geese migrating south in the spring does.
    However your opinion on how war against ISIS is staged solely to commit genocide against Sunni people in Iraq reveals the toxic and dangerous mindset of yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm I don't think you understand. Iran wants a big militia under its control in every country it puts its hands on. They can't do that in times of peace so turmoil is needed. Oppressed groups like Alqaeda? Where it gives shelters and passports to them? Or groups like Assad and Hizbulla who are killing Syrians because it seems Assad and Hizbulla are oppressed majority? The turmoil in Iraq was SUPERB for Iran. They were able to destroy all sunni cities, kill ton of them, kick them out of their cities making them refugees while building their militia army that's great for the cause. Finally they are done with Sunnis doing demonstrations against their dictator puppet Maliki who was treating them like dogs. Now there are happy with Sunnis being obliterated and living like scattered refugees. How are they supporting the "oppressed"? Ha? Supporting the Hothi rebels to do overthrow the first democratically elected government in Yemen? You're delusional.
    keep eating w/e shit fox news shovels down your throat. don't even research it, no fk that. ain't nobody got time for that.

I can't blame you, it was well played by Iran who had Obama/Kerry in their pockets. Opinions don't matter though, what matters is the horror that has been unleashed and the atrocities. "well placed opinions" won't erase the horror or atrocities.
    You are so ... I can't even ...

I'm not sure why Saudi Arabia has this horrible rep about supporting terrorism. Yes its citizens are not open minded to say but its government has been vicious in hunting down anything related to terrorism and it's been always targeted by terrorists unlike Qatar who for some reason terrorists don't bother with at all .. This gets thrown out so much because of the money Qatar/Iran axis has been paying for years to "Think Tanks" here in the US to maintain an image that Saudi Arabia is a terrorism supporter when they are actually the ones publicly endorsing and funding every terrorist organization.
    It's blatant ignorance. IS has been targeting Saudi Arabia and its monarchy for years. Yet people here think the Saudi government supports them. Any nuance seems too hard to grasp. The Saudi state follows a conservative line of Islam, just like IS, so they MUST support each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not directly but they are both Shia, so when i9erek says that Iran (Sunni) supports Isis he spewing utter nonsense.
    ISIS / SA are Sunni

Iran is Shia

I'm not sure why Saudi Arabia has this horrible rep about supporting terrorism. Yes its citizens are not open minded to say but its government has been vicious in hunting down anything related to terrorism and it's been always targeted by terrorists unlike Qatar who for some reason terrorists don't bother with at all .. This gets thrown out so much because of the money Qatar/Iran axis has been paying for years to "Think Tanks" here in the US to maintain an image that Saudi Arabia is a terrorism supporter when they are actually the ones publicly endorsing and funding every terrorist organization.
    Because Saudis work with the US, many here hate the US including the OP.

Iran is just like Saudi Arabia only they are Shiite, not Sunni. Nobody ever mentions Iran.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

According to the Turkish news the number of countries are 7 that cut ties with Qatar.
    They are,
    Bahrain, Saaudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Yemen, Libya and Maldives.
    Wonder what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not directly but they are both Sunni, so when i9erek says that Iran (Shia) supports Isis he spewing utter nonsense.
    The conflict there IMO isn't about religion actually. It's all about regional power. It's important for Iran to have a direct route to Mediterranean Sea, and have proxies in other countries near their borders to guarantee border security ( it has been traditionally their method for centuries) while it's important for saudi to keep their tribal form of government and that is only achievable by pressuring people out of politics.
    I say that because if you look into the region, Iran is supporting Shia political parties in Iraq, secular ones in Syria, Sunni communities in Afghanistan and Houthis in Yemen by helping them gaining political power to force reforms and then defending the establishment.
    Saudi in the other hand is supporting both Sunni and Shia extremists. Such as Alnusrat and Mojahedin Khalgh which are driven by fear mongering and intimidation.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what they get for causing a ban on laptops on some international flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    According to the Turkish news the number of countries are 7 that cut ties with Qatar.
    They are,
    Bahrain, Saaudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Yemen, Libya and Maldives.
    Wonder what will happen.
    Nothing significant really, all those countries are practically power less without US support ( except Egypt who's involvement has always been only symbolic and currently they have lots of problems within their own country) and US is on very good terms with Qatar.
    The only outcome would be Qatar leaning slightly towards Iran in Syria and Iraq.

Deleted
    It's quite funny knowing it's initiated by Saudi Arabia, the country with the biggest ISIS support group and the fact that they've been selling their oil to ISIS for the past years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Good to see some of those Countries beginning to clean up their own backyards.
    well, seeing how the west loves to put it's nose where it smells shit (and oil), I don't see how that kind of beef could be any good... if it goes really wrong there, the west will intervene. and when the west intervenes in the region, Its always for the worst (and oil).

there is already enough refugees (and crazy drivers) heading to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's quite funny knowing it's initiated by Saudi Arabia, the country with the biggest ISIS support group and the fact that they've been selling their oil to ISIS for the past years now.
    It's quite funny because the US had a huge hand in helping create isis and now is giving weapons to a country who supports them.

I mean, how much more blood can our government get on its hands before people actually realize that the half of our foreign terrorism fears are self created and self funded and continue to be supported. And it's not even a trump presidency problem, this has been the status quo for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Beats me. Saudi Arabia has been a close ally to the U.S for a long time. And recently, SA has put forth a massive movement, from media programs to military actions, to combat terrorism. They have been targeted by ISIS attacks and has cracked down on many ISIS cells within their region. But hey, some dudes 16 years ago committed a terrorist attack and now we have to place everlasting blame on it. The country is backwards in some regards so its easy to maintain that prejudice. But in the end, it is unfounded. SA deserves criticism in other aspects.

On topic: This is a bold move. I wonder how citizens are going to react to this because often families branch out throughout the gulf.
    Last edited by dr2022; 2017-06-05 at 11:12 AM.

All four of those countries support terrorism, I love the irony. Honestly, I don't think all of them combined spend as much as the United States. Terrorism is good for the war business.