I was locked out of my windows 10, any help?

Hello, i didn't remember the login password of my HP laptop, Windows 10, I didn't want to reinstall the system, is there any way to reset the password?

Wouldn't it be better to take this question over at the windows support forums, not MMO-C?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldman558 View Post
    Hello, i didn't remember the login password of my HP laptop, Windows 10, I didn't want to reinstall the system, is there any way to reset the password?
    If you want to RETRIEVE the password, that's pretty difficult unless it was a simple password, and is fairly nefarious if that's what you're trying to do.
    If you want to REPLACE the password, so you can gain access to the machine, very simple. I'm not sure if the tools are against MMO-C rules so you'll have to google, but "windows password reset tool" is what you want to google.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-06-05 at 11:50 AM.

To reset a local account login, you can use chntpw, pcunlocker or ophcrack.

i don't think we're meant to discuss this kinda thing here since it could quite easily be a stolen laptop or whatever.

i would recommend contacting microsoft directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    If you want to RETRIEVE the password, that's pretty difficult unless it was a simple password, and is fairly nefarious if that's what you're trying to do.
    If you want to REPLACE the password, so you can gain access to the machine, very simple. I'm not sure if the tools are against MMO-C rules so you'll have to google, but "windows password reset tool" is what you want to google.
    thanks, i googled and find many windows password reset tools like iseepassword, ntpassword or others.

and more..

i don't know how to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take a professional standpoint on this as far as the Forums go, since we have this question at work a lot too. Resetting a password is not illegal. What the person does with it is not our business. Without any indication of nefarious intent, I'll leave it as a benefit of the doubt that it's a genuine situation. At work, it's our job to use discretion in these cases. If a homeless guy comes in stating that he 'found' a laptop and wants the password removed, we're likely to decline. It might be profiling, but it's also due diligence.

That said , I've found downloading a Hirens CD or USB image and using that to reset a password is easiest to do. There are instructions on Hirens website to do it. I usually use "Offline NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Password Changer" but we have a custom rom for Passware Utilities
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I just use the Microsoft DART disc for that OS. We have them at work. Hiren's doesn't want to work for me all the time for some reason.

Deleted
    I also used Hirens when i forgot the password of my laptop that i havent use for 2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm going to take a professional standpoint on this as far as the Forums go, since we have this question at work a lot too. Resetting a password is not illegal. What the person does with it is not our business. Without any indication of nefarious intent, I'll leave it as a benefit of the doubt that it's a genuine situation. At work, it's our job to use discretion in these cases. If a homeless guy comes in stating that he 'found' a laptop and wants the password removed, we're likely to decline. It might be profiling, but it's also due diligence.

That said , I've found downloading a Hirens CD or USB image and using that to reset a password is easiest to do. There are instructions on Hirens website to do it. I usually use "Offline NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Password Changer" but we have a custom rom for Passware Utilities
    I ever considered to purchase Passware Utilities but I didn't have enough budget, so I ended up getting a copy of pcunocker and it worked. Actually there are many other excellent tools like elcomsoft, passcape, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Trobanos View Post
    I also used Hirens when i forgot the password of my laptop that i havent use for 2 yrs.
    Hirens boot won't work on Windows 10. I just tested it two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i don't think we're meant to discuss this kinda thing here since it could quite easily be a stolen laptop or whatever.

i would recommend contacting microsoft directly.
    He cannot.
    It is a stolen laptop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xabialone View Post
    Hirens boot won't work on Windows 10. I just tested it two days ago.
    It definitely does work. You might have done something wrong. We use it on a daily basis on systems.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab