When does Legion's Season 4 PvP start? Can I farm Elite PvP gear in the interim?

So, I leveled my Warrior to 110 purely to play him for PvP purposed. Namely, to go after the Elite PvP gear. I'm still very much trying to wrap my head around the Class again -- Fury is WAY different than in Mists, when I last played him seriously -- but I like having a goal in mind.

Well, I didn't realize that Season 3 is pretty much ending right away, on June 13th. Because I've never really kept up with PvP Seasons, I'm curious when Season 4 begins? Can you still acquire Elite gear during he interim? What happens to PvP Ratings?

Also, seeing as I *JUST* hit 110 (literally this morning at like 12am), would any of you guys have any advice on getting "prepared" for high-level PvP? How important is gear or Artifact Power? And, should I become desperate (or just suck really, really bad at playing Fury), is it still possible to "carry" a player to a good enough rating to earn Elite gear? For that matter, how do you even EARN Elite gear; is it just a random drop from completing Rated PvP content, or only through specific avenues?

Oh, and do we know whether or not Season 4's Elite gear is going to look the same at the Season 3 Elite gear?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

pvp gear should look the same in next season

S3 and S4 is the same gear, you will be able to get it on S4, only need the 2k rating on any bracket and you will be able to buy the whole ensemble after S4 end.
    If you want the set earlier, you will need to keep playing over 2k to farm the elites.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

15+ Year Old Account
    Season 4 looks the same, yes.

I *THINK* that if you get the rating achievement for the current season or for season 4, you can buy the elite gear with marks of honor from legion season 5 onwards. Need somebody with the achievement from legion season 1 or 2 to back me up on this.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

It starts directly after season 3 ends.

The most important thing for pvp for you, in my opinion, is levelling your weapon traits.
    Since gear doesn't affect that much your stats on pvp (it still affects, but i believe is something like 1% more stats every 10 ilvls, with base starting at 900 this season, if i am correct), the weapon will affect you the most, specially considering the stamina that the weapon traits give you up untill 52 points.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

So if you get 2K rating in 3s, you can't get elite gear from say doing BGs, RBGS, 2s? You have to keep playing 3s and maintain 2k+ rating at all times to try and get the elite gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    So if you get 2K rating in 3s, you can't get elite gear from say doing BGs, RBGS, 2s? You have to keep playing 3s and maintain 2k+ rating at all times to try and get the elite gear?
    You have to keep playing whatever bracket you are above 2k in, at above 2k.

But you will be able to buy the ensemble after the season regardless of rating, if you hit 2K at any time during the season (or S3).
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-07-12 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    how long does a pvp season usually last