Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Original turtles movies way better than the new ones

So I've recently watched the new Ninja turtles movies and I have to say the original ones were so much better. The puppets were so much better than the CGI in the new ones.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Meg Fox >>>> Paige Turco
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I have to say that Casey Jones was better represented in that first movie.
    And I thought that fight on the roof top where Raphael takes on dozens of Foot clan members was well done.

It doesn't take much to beat out the newer versions...Nice and shiny...versus that very first movie (1990 I believe) seemed more organic..on the street...and better overall.

Deleted
    I like both, and I grew up with the original movies and cartoon. Think people put to much hate on the new movie, love that the turtles actually looks different rather than have just different weapons and colors on their bands. :P

all the newer ninja turtles are shit compared to the older ones. cartoons and movies.

that like 2004 ninja turtles was good imo, the cartoon. had that style like gargoyles and other 90's action cartoons.

It's funny to think how they would never make a movie like the original Turtles today.

I mean it had Splinter being tortured, kids on drugs and in gangs, Casey Jones as a Jason looking vigilante, and Raphael as a manic depressive. Everything is so kiddied down these days.

I was young, turtles were "cool".
    They are all crap when I watch them now.

The first one was good. The second one bizarringly no one actually used their weapons for "think of the children" reasons. After that it went downhill very quickly.

The new ones are mostly just mindless flashy things to make money.
    Signature not found

I actually liked the 2 recent turtles movies. They were fun and entertaining. I actually thought the second one was better even though Krang and Shredder were criminally underused.

They weren't cinematic masterpieces, sure, but they sure invoked a sensation of nostalgia and childhood glee. I loved seeing Bebop and Rocksteady's brolationship and banter.

Your argument is invalid.

OG movies go from 1 >>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>New Ones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Meg Fox >>>> Paige Turco
    Speak for yourself. Paige Turco has always been stunningly beautiful, while Megan Fox makes me vomit violently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to say that Casey Jones was better represented in that first movie.
    Oh, like lightyears better. Elias Koteas can actually act, while Stephen Amell couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag, and belongs in the Bold and the Beautiful. Well, that's basically what Arrow is, after all. Just as horrid.

This scene alone is a million times better than both of the Bay bags of crap put together:

Meg Fox >>>> Paige Turco
    That's the joke...

I haven't seen the new ones honestly, and I can't even fathom giving up like four hours of my life to Michael Bay, but as a 90's kid (1984, baby) I gotta say "Duh."

Of course the original was better. We had fucking surge soda and Darkwing Duck and SNES and X-Men on Saturday mornings.

Meg Fox >>>> Paige Turco
    Paige turco probably holding up better at her age than fox will when she hits that age though tbh.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Amell is great. SO I give it a pass for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Your argument is invalid.
    It's not often that someone enters a thread and checkmates everyone. Kudos to you!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Meg Fox >>>> Paige Turco
    rofl

Comparing both at their peaks? Not a chance that Megan is above Paige.

Comparing what Meg will likely look like when she reaches Paige's current age? Not a chance that Megan is above Paige.

Doing a comparison of a 31 y.o. to a 52 y.o.? Really?

A little CGI can enhance a film. Today actors live in front of green screens and CGI is so over-saturated in films it makes them all look like shit. People are far too coddled today, and what could be put in a children's film before certainly can't now with the SJT brigade waiting on twitter to lash out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I actually liked the 2 recent turtles movies. They were fun and entertaining. I actually thought the second one was better even though Krang and Shredder were criminally underused.

They weren't cinematic masterpieces, sure, but they sure invoked a sensation of nostalgia and childhood glee. I loved seeing Bebop and Rocksteady's brolationship and banter.
    Agreed and I watched the cartoon, wore the socks and underoos, ate the cereal, played the NES/Genesis games, and saw the first two movies in the theater.

People can be too uptight when it comes to nosalgia. :/

Edit: My Leatherhead, Baxter, and Donatello were stolen out of my locker back in January 1990 right after I got them for Xmas. :/
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-06-07 at 01:22 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!