10+ Year Old Account

Yet Another Returning Player Post - TIA

How hard is it to find groups for the old MSQ dungeons/primals?

I pre-ordered Stormblood. But I have a ton of Heavensward MSQ to catch-up on. I think I quit around level 58 right before unlocking the last zone in Heavensward. Last MSQ dungeon I remember doing in Heavensward was the Cathedral thingy around 57-58. And then I had to grind to 59 to unlock the next set of MSQ; and I was stuck early 58. So I decided to take a break before doing the grind, which ended up being a permanent break.

How much story do I have left before Stormblood?

Note: I am mostly interested in FFXIV story and don't want to skip anything - just want to play through the storyline. I am tempted to remake a fresh toon and replay from the beginning just for story continuity. But I do like my little Miqo and don't want to reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Not very hard. They still have roulettes that send people back for the old content. That might change for the first few weeks after SB release, when no one gives a damn about roulettes. It might stay that way until the gear grind resumes.

Couple weeks worth if you attack it directly?
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-06-06 at 08:20 PM.

A new mechanic called wondrous tails means people are always using the cross server party finder tool to group up for all the old content all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    How hard is it to find groups for the old MSQ dungeons/primals?

I pre-ordered Stormblood. But I have a ton of Heavensward MSQ to catch-up on. I think I quit around level 58 right before unlocking the last zone in Heavensward. Last MSQ dungeon I remember doing in Heavensward was the Cathedral thingy around 57-58. And then I had to grind to 59 to unlock the next set of MSQ; and I was stuck early 58. So I decided to take a break before doing the grind, which ended up being a permanent break.

How much story do I have left before Stormblood?

Note: I am mostly interested in FFXIV story and don't want to skip anything - just want to play through the storyline. I am tempted to remake a fresh toon and replay from the beginning just for story continuity. But I do like my little Miqo and don't want to reroll.
    Everything is in Duty Finder and a Party Finder group can fairly easily be filled with unsynced groups for Wondrous Tails. So even if you just solo queue for it, you'll get a group eventually.

I'm doing a fresh toon (started about 2 weeks ago) and am in the quests between ARR and HW and the longest I've had to wait for anything was 22 minutes (as a Summoner/ DPS) for Praetorium, and that was 2x what I've had to wait for anything else.

Just finished getting an alt through Heavensward in the last 2 weeks. Every dungeon and trial took maybe 5 minutes for queue to pop as a DPS.

If you're at 58, you've got one of the best NPCs in Heavensward to meet (especially if you're an old old school FF fan) one more dungeon (Gubal Library) and then the final dungeon Aetherochemical Research Facility + final Trial.

After that, there are 44 MSQ quests for the patch content. I hit a bump needing to increase my item level, but between PvP and hunts, I'm almost there after 3 days (I only did pvp roulette and the hunts, then log out since it's an alt).

Only 6 trials/dungeons in the post 3.0 MSQ (one of which isn't new, but a return to something from the past in a kind of gutpunch way I won't spoil for the story).
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-07 at 12:55 PM.

I know it's been answered already somewhere in all these threads but can anyone off the top of their head, let me know what part of the MSQ I need to be at in order to play the Red Mage on day 1? Is it all the way up to the current story or? I can't remember. I'm about to reactivate my account and hop back in

As I understand, RDM and SAM are both unlockable with a Lv 50 character who has completed the quest "The Ultimate Weapon" i.e. the end of the ARR 2.0 story line.

The Casualty has it right. Get to 50 and complete the Ultimate Weapon and the trainers will be in 2.0 areas to let you start playing SAM/RDM through the rest of ARR and all of HW MSQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I know it's been answered already somewhere in all these threads but can anyone off the top of their head, let me know what part of the MSQ I need to be at in order to play the Red Mage on day 1? Is it all the way up to the current story or? I can't remember. I'm about to reactivate my account and hop back in
    castrum meridianums story leading to the ultima weapon. after you get the ARR credits an the key for the magitek mount you can find the quest trainer in the world after the 20th if you have stormblood.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    castrum meridianums story leading to the ultima weapon. after you get the ARR credits an the key for the magitek mount you can find the quest trainer in the world after the 20th if you have stormblood.
    I already have that mount and completed ARR quest line. I have multiple 60's in Heavensward. Should I be good to go?

I already have that mount and completed ARR quest line. I have multiple 60's in Heavensward. Should I be good to go?
    Yeah, you can start a level 50 Samurai or Red Mage next Friday if you pre-ordered or the following Tuesday if you wait for release day.

all you need is the quest that gives that mount and one lvl.50 job then the account is flagged for the job trainers to spawn in gridania or whereever.

Awesome, thanks guys for the info!