Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Youtube's #PowerToDecide video

Well who would think that even youtube can be paid to make propagand political video. Do you agree that BLM have no sense in UK? Also I never knew that UK's flavor are "VEGAN", "LGBTI Refugees" and "young people" voting for anything just to not be called racist. I agree that people should go vote, since this is what democracy is about, but they clearly draw what kind of party you should vote for or which you shouldn't vote on (hint: they want to undermine party that would be voted by older citizens).

Also Russel Brand is hypocrite which was telling people to not vote for many years, and just now (strange coincidence isn't it?) he changed his mind ...

edit: just please avoid bashing anyone, I just want peoples opinion about videos which may not include name of party they want you to vote, but they are not neutral like they should be (what number of dislikes under this video can confirm).
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-07 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post

Well who would think that even youtube can be paid to make propagand political video. Do you agree that BLM have no sense in UK? Also I never knew that UK's flavor are "VEGAN", "LGBTI Refugees" and "young people" voting for anything just to not be called racist. I agree that people should go vote, since this is what democracy is about, but they clearly draw what kind of party you should vote for or which you shouldn't vote on (hint: they want to undermine party that would be voted by older citizens).

Also Russel Brand is hypocrite which was telling people to not vote for many years, and just now he changed his mind ...

The sad part is that in most cases it dose not matter if you vote or not, the choices are generaly what flavour of shit do you want...it's still all shit regardless of what you pick

Oh noes, someone is using social media to support views I do not agree with! Clearly the end of the world!

Edit: Snarky post made before watching the video. The only view endorsed is that people should vote.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-06-07 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh noes, someone is using social media to support views I do not agree with! Clearly the end of the world!
    I have nothing against this, as long as this add is clearly marked from which party it is coming from. Some clarity and context goes a long way.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I have nothing against this, as long as this add is clearly marked from which party it is coming from. Some clarity and context goes a long way.
    I can say the exact same thing about their political opponents, frankly.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I can say the exact same thing about their political opponents, frankly.
    So you agree with me that this add/video is on particular political side? Also feel free to link to those videos that are not marked by political party.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is cheesy and inauthentic, which is probably why it is a waste of money and time to make these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is a video encouraging people to vote propaganda? It's odd that anyone would complain about this. The only bad outcome is people vote differently from you but that's sort of how democracy works.

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign makes no partisan argument whatsoever. It's just pushing for people to vote, in whatever way they choose. It isn't on any political "side".

Also Russel Brand is hypocrite which was telling people to not vote for many years, and just now (strange coincidence isn't it?) he changed his mind ...

edit: just please avoid bashing anyone, I just want peoples opinion about videos which may not include name of party they want you to vote, but they are not neutral like they should be (what number of dislikes under this video can confirm).
    Oh noes, someone is encouraging young people to vote! RUN TO THE HILLS!!!

Seriously, why the fuck do you have a problem with this? Oh, right, cause "It has things I don't agree with in the background which are just random stock footage, that's clearly of events happening in the UK!"

Having watched the video, I failed to notice any of the contributors advising people how to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    How is a video encouraging people to vote propaganda? It's odd that anyone would complain about this. The only bad outcome is people vote differently from you but that's sort of how democracy works.
    I think OP is talking about the imagery used and how its framed as "this is YOU"...maybe.....But yeh, VOTE, its important.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The campaign makes no partisan argument whatsoever. It's just pushing for people to vote, in whatever way they choose. It isn't on any political "side".
    No not at all /s

Showing footage from "Black Lives Matter" march from USA is just a filler footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Seriously, why the fuck do you have a problem with this? Oh, right, cause "It has things I don't agree with in the background which are just random stock footage, that's clearly of events happening in the UK!"
    Oh crap didn't read this before. (also you seems to be stressed or something since you needed to curse)

btw: do you know that there are only 3% black people in UK? Why so many black people are even in this video?! Hell there are more Asians in UK, but I didn't saw 1 in video.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-07 at 06:28 AM.

Yes yes, I am well aware that a certain side of the spectrum relies on voter apathy to retain power. But the idea of people actually voting might not be so terrifying if they had decent policies.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yes yes, I am well aware that a certain side of the spectrum relies on voter apathy to retain power. But the idea of people actually voting might not be so terrifying if they had decent policies.
    I have absolutely no problem with telling people to go and vote. I'm worried about that this video isn't genuine and it will try and manipulate people. Hell you can read mod above saying he do not see any political side being praised in this video, which just confirm that there are many fragile minded people which can be manipulated easily since they never will even notice that someone is brainwashing them.

I wonder if youtube will now make more videos like that. What next? Canada elections? Mexico?

I wish i could vote for closed borders, strong unions, defensive trade policies, increased welfare, education and health.

But instead im forced to pick a party which doesnt represent my views equally.. how is this democratic?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I wish i could vote for closed borders, strong unions, defensive trade policies, increased welfare, education and health.

But instead im forced to pick a party which doesnt represent my views equally.. how is this democratic?
    Well you always could make your own party (thanks to democracy you seems to not appreciate). But this isn't what this topic is about. It is about video.

Deleted
    It's a good video, though while not overtly partisan, to say it does not come with connotations is shortsighted or maybe dumb, it does flash images from what is generally regarded as a topic of the left.

Though it doesn't have to be attributed to malice, can simply be the case that this video is appealing to the younger audience, who historically neglects to vote.

I think the reasoning is that BLM being mostly a college aged movement is a big reason why they were included.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-06-07 at 06:54 AM.

So what is exactly wrong with the video? It doesn't say to vote for one side or another. It shows all the candidates.

The message in the video is: "Young people, go vote."

OH NO THEY FLASHED A BLM THING FOR A FOURTH OF A SECOND ALONG WITH A TON OF OTHER POLITICALLY ACTIVE GROUPS! They were clearly just showing a bunch of groups that have mostly young activists in them. BLM being one of them, even if its stupid that it's included since it's England.

That hardly makes it propaganda. Christ conservatives are more triggered than even SJWs these days.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-07 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That hardly makes it propaganda. Christ conservatives are more triggered than even SJWs these days.
    I'm not "triggered" or conservative, but cool projecting, just like in video.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    even if its stupid
    So basically stupid > conservatives? IMO no party deserve being chosen atm since both biggest parties are defacing themselves just so 'enemy' is chosen so they could avoid taking responsibility for brexit.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-07 at 07:06 AM.