Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Go-to-Spec in 7.2.5

So what will be the Go-to-Spec in 7.2.5 in the following situations:

Mythic+,
    Raiding (Normal-Heroic),
    Raiding (Mythic),
    PvP

considering the changes/T20 set bonuses. I know nothing is final yet but I am pretty sure there will be no major changes only some minor tweaks.
    How do you feel about "having" to change a spec to stay competative.

Nobody knows what spec will be best in ToS until the first week of Normal/HC is over, and thats assuming that Blizzard don't change anything.

And like this entire expansion most will play want they prefer, I don't see anything changing other than people who play the current best spec will just switch naturally to what ever it is.

I will be choosing the spec I can rely on. aka not outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb10287 View Post
    Nobody knows what spec will be best in ToS until the first week of Normal/HC.
    Not entirely accurate, there's some information out there to make a general assumption which is what he's asking for. Tier sets and legendary sims obtained from the Rogue discord channel puts outlaw as top damage output, followed by Sub and Assas as last. Now this is pure damage sim, you have to take into account which spec has more room for mistake in rotation and game mechanics. Or how well Sub will perform with all the new changes. I should also say damage is very close on all 3 specs don't be surprise if people decide to stay assasination for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb10287 View Post
    And like this entire expansion most will play want they prefer
    lul

>80% of the class switches to whatever the best spec is and will do so with every patch. Assassination has been such a powerful outlier for so long that 90% of rogues play it but as soon as it gets bad again people will shift away. Anyone raiding will be playing whatever is best, not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Anyone raiding will be playing whatever is best, not what they want.
    This, always.

I reckon Outlaw will continue to excel at M+ and fall behind in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvP Sub will definitely be the go-to spec. Right now there already are a lot of sub rogues on the frontpage of the ladders. Next patch their (burst) damage will go up significantly, their mobility will be more versatile and they're going to get more utility with Thieve's Gambit allowing you to share Vanish/Cloak/Evasion with a teammate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Anyone raiding will be playing whatever is best, not what they want.
    I'm happy to not be anyone, by raiding in MW.

Deleted
    7.2.5 is when FoTM players are leaving the rogue forums.

Good days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    7.2.5 is when FoTM players are leaving the rogue forums.

Good days.
    If they are fotm they already left, let´s be honest.

We have to face the fact. We are goin in to ToS with garbage.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is looking pretty grim, the rogues in my guild are going Assassination at the moment, solely because of DoT up time for progression, not 100% sure about the other rogue but i know i leveled sub a decent amount as well, waiting to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    For PvP Sub will definitely be the go-to spec. Right now there already are a lot of sub rogues on the frontpage of the ladders. Next patch their (burst) damage will go up significantly, their mobility will be more versatile and they're going to get more utility with Thieve's Gambit allowing you to share Vanish/Cloak/Evasion with a teammate.
    I wouldn't say this 100%, maybe for arena, but in RBGS (my teams MMR is 2150 & my rating is 1840) I kill sub rogues all the time, also FoK spam with DP is insane when group fighting. With the increases to FoK and DP damage and TB i can see Sin being a really good spec in pvp

For raid, out and sub are pretty close atm (out is slightly ahead), while assa is 60k~ behind.

Don't care about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    For raid, out and sub are pretty close atm (out is slightly ahead), while assa is 60k~ behind.

Don't care about the rest.
    actually sub is slightly ahead because outlaw got setbonus nerfs last night
    but yeah outlaw and sub are basically even

for m+ i'd say they'll also be even because shoulder+cloak sub is actually very strong

but knowing blizzard they'll find a way to buff assa so once again it's the best, cos we cant have nice things

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    We have to face the fact. We are goin in to ToS with garbage.
    why exactly? we got more buffs this patch than any other

and not just buffs but tons of good gameplay and QoL changes
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-06-08 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I wouldn't say this 100%, maybe for arena, but in RBGS (my teams MMR is 2150 & my rating is 1840) I kill sub rogues all the time, also FoK spam with DP is insane when group fighting. With the increases to FoK and DP damage and TB i can see Sin being a really good spec in pvp
    Whenever I see someone ask for whichever spec is go to for PvP I automatically assume arena and casual BGs. I think sub will also be viable in RBGs with the new FoK mechanic which increases Eviscerate damage by up to 50%. It would allow you to deal considerable single target damage in AoE situations by spamming FoK > Evisc with Deeper Stratagem.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    actually sub is slightly ahead because outlaw got setbonus nerfs last night
    but yeah outlaw and sub are basically even

Yeah, didn't notice that out sims were not up to date :7 .

At this point, if sub and outlaw are about even, just play what you prefer because numbers will be tuned, especially that sin is the most popular spec by far (think when hunters are unplayable and the community outcry), numbers will be tuned, I'll stick to assassination because it's not exhausting to play during progression.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    At this point, if sub and outlaw are about even, just play what you prefer because numbers will be tuned, especially that sin is the most popular spec by far (think when hunters are unplayable and the community outcry), numbers will be tuned, I'll stick to assassination because it's not exhausting to play during progression.
    I agree with this, assassination will more than likely get buffed, its the best QoL spec out of the 3, i miss old combat because outlaw is a total abortion, i cant stand that shitty spec. If SnD was viable, it wouldn't be too bad, but it will never be ahead of mfd (as the devs have said many times). They need to scrap outlaw after this xpac, its just not popular, and its not fun, its exhausting to play and punishing 70% of the attempts on bosses. I miss old sub too, that was such a good spec, although we appear to be heading back in that direction based off the 7.2.5 changes.

- - - Updated - - -

I played outlaw for the first few weeks of EN, and it was absolutely awful, ive never disliked playing a spec that much and nearly rerolled, however the exange/EP build was super fun, AP was dull (and still is) but with TB it looks like itll be a little more engaging.

talking pve,

theory crafters will say sub is best, people that are sick of assassin will say its outlaw's time. Assassin will probably remain a great single target spec but wont be top dog again.

Have to wait for the tuning hotfixes after ToS release

Exorsus rogues mentioned that for progression, Assa remains the best. Easy af for progression, not obsessed with rng, not needed to stay from behind, also relies less on legos(however for nerds of such level legos are not the problem). Sub is useful for 2-3 bosses and garbage overall. But nothing matters because right now they are nerfing tier sets but not showing class buffs etc.
    So nothing is set in stone until 13th where they finally(hopefully)will bake in all dem changes

UPD Inb4 hate-I'm just a simple person who mained sub rogue of all specs as a raid alt most of the contents and love what they done now. I am not calling anyone to play assa-in fact, currently everyone who cares call me to play assa :<
    Last edited by Minoan; 2017-06-08 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.