Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Developer Q&A - Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit

Developer Q&A - Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit
    Paul Kubit will be talking about patch 7.2.5 content including: Black Temple Timewalking, the Deaths of Chromie, Trial of Style, The Great Gnomeregan Race, and more!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-06-07 at 05:36 PM.

Why adding back the MoP cm gear this way? It doesnt make any sense. I feel that my work to get all the class sets is just wasted. Sure you can call me special snowflake, but I loved that i could be recognized for my PvE effort, not my transmog skills. I sure wouldnt mind them re-adding the sets, just keep them obtainable from the same type of content...

Deleted
    Trial of Style rewards are previously obtainable transmog appearances, but they aren't as easy or desirable to get anymore.
    If something isn't desirable, why make it a reward? That's just silly...

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Why adding back the MoP cm gear this way? It doesnt make any sense. I feel that my work to get all the class sets is just wasted. Sure you can call me special snowflake, but I loved that i could be recognized for my PvE effort, not my transmog skills. I sure wouldnt mind them re-adding the sets, just keep them obtainable from the same type of content...
    They're not adding back the Mists CM gear.

The upgrade item will bring your legendary to item level 970, so you will only have to do the upgrade once.
    Erm, what? So it works on all our legendaries? Or did they mean once per item? Cause that's kinda... what has always happened, so I don't understand why they'd specify that?

7+ Year Old Account
    The team didn't want to do a mount this time, as class mounts were just unlocked.
    Druids now are going to be extra pi$$ed.

- - - Updated - - -

The team didn't want to do a mount this time, as class mounts were just unlocked.
    Druids now are going to be extra pi$$ed.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Same thing can be said about every gear and mount that drops from previous raids.

Such bad argument and logic.

Deleted
    A fiery gun might look odd. (warcraftdevs)

Looking at the paladin class pack mule mount , "odd" isn't a strange concept for you guys it seems .

There can never be too many mounts...

Besides, class mounts aren't THAT big of a deal. Ok, I can appreciate that they wanted to do them, but they come with some severe downsides, since:

a. They're gonna be pretty common, to the point you're not gonna want to use them (I expect if your Class Hall allows mounts, they're gonna be the new Core Hounds for a while).
    b. They offer very little gameplay relative to how much work went in the models. If you don't have alts, the other mounts might as well not exist, and even if you do most of the chain is repeated content and over with fairly quickly.

Why would they feel the need to cancel a Glory mount for this? It feels very counter intuitive, if not borderline idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Erm, what? So it works on all our legendaries? Or did they mean once per item? Cause that's kinda... what has always happened, so I don't understand why they'd specify that?
    I hope it mean all legendaries but if not, one of my alt still got a 910 (I didn't play it much since last upgrade) so it mean I don't have to do the old quest or the new quest twice to get it to the new cap.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I hope it mean all legendaries but if not, one of my alt still got a 910 (I didn't play it much since last upgrade) so it mean I don't have to do the old quest or the new quest twice to get it to the new cap.
    But those of us with 15+ legendaries on one character should be upgrading them until Argus?

World Quests

The base item level of World Quest rewards won't be going up. They went up in Patch 7.2.
    this makes me sad, i enjoy playing alts (i don't raid much) and getting gear from wq is how i get my alts' gear :-/

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Same thing can be said about every gear and mount that drops from previous raids.

Such bad argument and logic.
    Just because they have done it with earlier content as well, doesnt mean I agree with that either.

The team has changed legendary items to make them all more competitive with each other.

Good joke boys

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    But those of us with 15+ legendaries on one character should be upgrading them until Argus?
    Not that long at all lol, it will be EASILY 2 upgrades a week if it works the same way, possibly 3.

Finally the heirloom fp thing.

And so much for my question.

Illusions on Hunter Weapons
    -The team didn't make the technical changes to add enchant appearances to bows and guns.
    -A fiery gun might look odd.
    I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    You might have miss the part I said "I hope" and I was explaining why the Dev would had said you only need 1 to upgrade your legendary sadly without "s". But yeah, if you want to upgrade that #15 legendary that you never use, you will upgrade them until Argus if they go one at a time.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    The upgrade parts will be just like the one we do now from 910 -> 940, meaning one Legendary at a time. Only difference is that it will work on both 910 and 940, so you don't have to go 910-940-970 but can just do 910-970 in one go. Per item.

The team has changed legendary items to make them all more competitive with each other.
    April 1st has been over for some time now dudes.

That sounds like the "team" is either lazy or just losing steam and they don't give two shits anymore...

On top of that the Druid mount is flat out half assed with missing animations, it not counting as a mount for achievement purposes, or just being a separate "form" button.
    Last edited by morph4037; 2017-06-07 at 07:26 PM.